The future of Final Fantasy,: Good, Bad, Depressing? Your thoughts.

#21DanahellPosted 12/28/2012 11:44:25 AM
FFX-2 should be included as well, since it was made by Square-Enix.

Nope, it was made by Squaresoft, published by Squaresoft in Japan and published by Square-enix in America.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#22Stella_FleuretPosted 12/28/2012 11:56:19 AM
^ Okay. Probably confused it because it was published by SE in USA/Europe. It was still bad, though.
---
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."
#23DanahellPosted 12/28/2012 12:02:24 PM
Yeah, I had to turn off the tv every time Yuna sang. XD

But I liked the game play a lot, so I'll give it that merit, I still think it has the best combat in the series and the idea of changing jobs in battle was good, the only bad part was how unbalanced the jobs were.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#24RagnoraokPosted 12/28/2012 12:41:40 PM
what is with all the hate against FF13? I am almost done with it, and I actually love the story and find the characters more interesting than FFX. Its crazy how so many ppl spew utter crap against the game, most of which are not true. Why do ppl complain about the linearity? EVERY FF GAME IS LINEAR!!! It sounds ike fanboys are just arguing for the sake of arguing, because they will never get another FF7 game or FF7 remake.....

As for KH, the story died after KH2, when Nomura apparently decided to tackle the slew of mysteries in introduced in KH2....by making boring stoic games for each question, while barely answering them, yet proposing dozens more. That series was milked.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#25zUkUuPosted 12/28/2012 2:38:17 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
what is with all the hate against FF13? I am almost done with it, and I actually love the story and find the characters more interesting than FFX. Its crazy how so many ppl spew utter crap against the game, most of which are not true. Why do ppl complain about the linearity? EVERY FF GAME IS LINEAR!!! It sounds ike fanboys are just arguing for the sake of arguing, because they will never get another FF7 game or FF7 remake.....

As for KH, the story died after KH2, when Nomura apparently decided to tackle the slew of mysteries in introduced in KH2....by making boring stoic games for each question, while barely answering them, yet proposing dozens more. That series was milked.

there is a difference between "go there when you're finished exploring" and "follow the line". FF13 is a tunnel - literally.

http://ff-13.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ff13map_ch04-03.gif

there is something wrong when 99% of the game looks like this^
no towns, no npcs, nothing else either. i
#26stupid_dudeman7Posted 12/28/2012 3:31:23 PM
KH is like the LOST series.
Too many questions is an easy trap to fall in. In the end you loose everyone and nobody gives a damn anymore...
---
Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does"
#27RagnoraokPosted 12/28/2012 3:48:07 PM
zUkUu posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

there is a difference between "go there when you're finished exploring" and "follow the line". FF13 is a tunnel - literally.

once again, this is not true. the game slowly, but surely opens up later on. From looking at that link, I can tell it is from the earlier missions when Light and Hope were a duo. I am near the end, and I can tell you that the map really opens up, especially when you enter pulse. There were a few places with npc's, specifically the near the end and beginning. Like I said, stop exaggerating and spewing false info. Did you even finish the game? If that is the best you can come up with, then it is obvious you did not get past Chapter 8, therefore your opinion is invalid.
---
#28zUkUuPosted 12/28/2012 4:02:37 PM(edited)
Ragnoraok posted...
zUkUu posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

once again, this is not true. the game slowly, but surely opens up later on. From looking at that link, I can tell it is from the earlier missions when Light and Hope were a duo. I am near the end, and I can tell you that the map really opens up, especially when you enter pulse. There were a few places with npc's, specifically the near the end and beginning. Like I said, stop exaggerating and spewing false info. Did you even finish the game? If that is the best you can come up with, then it is obvious you did not get past Chapter 8, therefore your opinion is invalid.

no it don't. it NEVER opens up except for ONE area, which is also the ONLY opportunity for real side quests and "secrets", hence the "99%". and those sidequests are 54 times the same "go there, fight monster" quests. NO towns, no NPCs to really talk to, no stores, just lame menus and a line to follow.

I finished the game. I finished every FF from 4 on, even all the sequels and spin offs (except the MMOs obviously) and FF13 is the worst of them by far. Let me clarify that... "the worst Final Fantasy", as it's not the worst "game" - I thoroughly enjoyed it more then FF12 for instance.

That was obviously an example, it's a pity that you can't grasp that and jump the gun to come up with an unreasonable claim to defend the game.
#29RagnoraokPosted 12/28/2012 4:17:26 PM(edited)
zUkUu posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
zUkUu posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

no it don't. it NEVER opens up except for ONE area, which is also the ONLY opportunity for real side quests and "secrets", hence the "99%". and those sidequests are 54 times the same "go there, fight monster" quests. NO towns, no NPCs to really talk to, no stores, just lame menus and a line to follow.

I finished the game. I finished every FF from 4 on, even all the sequels and spin offs (except the MMOs obviously) and FF13 is the worst of them by far. Let me clarify that... "the worst Final Fantasy", as it's not the worst "game" - I thoroughly enjoyed it more then FF12 for instance.

That was obviously an example, it's a pity that you can't grasp that and jump the gun to come up with an unreasonable claim to defend the game.

You are a liar. The areas open up a lot during and after the trip to pulse. You are exaggerating, because it is not a straight line. there are secret passage ways, alternate routes, etc. Granted that the areas are not very open, but to say they are linear is extremely ridiculous and exaggerated. LOL, what other pye of missions are viable in a jrpg other than slay a monster? Like I believed, you are another FF irrational fanboy who somehow expected FF13 to break the FF mold and introduce 100% free roam, and actually claim that FF13 was horrible for suffering from the SAME exact flaws that most of the other FF games suffered from(especially FFX which is regarded as one of the greats).

You lack all credibility if you need to talk in hyperbole, and use old false links to prove your biased opinion. The very fact that there is a guide dedicated to alerting the player on secret items proves that the game is not linear, and that you are a scorned fanboy who needs to exaggerate to get their point across.
---
#30zUkUuPosted 12/28/2012 4:37:38 PM
Ragnoraok posted...

You are a liar. The areas open up a lot during and after the trip to pulse. You are exaggerating, because it is not a straight line. there are secret passage ways, alternate routes, etc. Granted that the areas are not very open, but to say they are linear is extremely ridiculous and exaggerated. LOL, what other pye of missions are viable in a jrpg other than slay a monster? Like I believed, you are another FF irrational fanboy who somehow expected FF13 to break the FF mold and introduce 100% free roam, and actually claim that FF13 was horrible for suffering from the SAME exact flaws that most of the other FF games suffered from(especially FFX which is regarded as one of the greats).

You lack all credibility if you need to talk in hyperbole, and use old false links to prove your biased opinion. The very fact that there is a guide dedicated to alerting the player on secret items proves that the game is not linear, and that you are a scorned fanboy who needs to exaggerate to get their point across.

can't you discuss without namecalling and assumption on my behalf? because that makes you the fanboy, not me. They don't open up at all - just because they are 10 meter wide instead of 4 doesn't make them "more open", you still follow a tunnel. Yes, FF X is also linear, but only in one aspect: level design. You can still move around freely, backtrack all around for the most part, have a vast amount of secrets, huge towns, villages, npcs, side quests, extra stuff, collectables etc. FF 13 has nothing of that. you follow that line forward if you like it or not. If you can't see the difference, I really pity you.
All other FFs had other sidequests that didn't just involve to kill mere monsters. Superbosses are fine, or kaktors etc - and I even liked the hunting in FF13 - but it still lacked diversity and added nothing to the story (background information, sub-stories, lore, gimmicks etc).

Again, you seem to misinterpret something here. "following a red thread" and "follow the tunnel" are very different. Even the lay out is way more linear for the way greater part of the game.

I don't see were I have posted an "old false links". That's a legit map of an area of the game. and I don't need to prove anything. I stated that it's a problem if the majority of the game looks like that without Towns, Npcs etc. Period. I don't even exaggerated, maybe it's 95% of all areas, but it's still a valid concern.