The future of Final Fantasy,: Good, Bad, Depressing? Your thoughts.

#61akira_hisyamPosted 1/2/2013 7:17:11 AM
MrRoxas9192 posted...
Is XII really that bad? I've been planning to play it soon too.. Meh, as long as it isn't as bad as XIII I think I'll still play it.

12 not bad it good,the world so beautiful n unique.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
---Psn: Akira_Hisyam---
#62DanahellPosted 1/2/2013 8:07:34 AM
Is XII really that bad? I've been planning to play it soon too.. Meh, as long as it isn't as bad as XIII I think I'll still play it.

I think you should give it a try, I don't think it's bad, I think it's better than XIII in many aspects. Just one piece of advice, don't rely on gambits to do everything for you no matter how tempting it sounds to settle up gambits to do everything so you just sit down and watch battles play themselves, the game is more enjoyable when you don't delegate every task to the gambits.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#63JustRandomStuffPosted 1/4/2013 4:54:36 PM
Square died when it merged with Enix. It hasn't been the same since. Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, the first 10 final fantasies, Vagrant Story even the original 2002 Kingdom Hearts. All such wonderful games. It's incredible how quickly things turned to garbage after the merge.

There used to be a quality and unique game out every year. Now we get repetitive and lazy sequels/prequels/spin-offs in an attempt to milk as much cash from franchises while doing the least amount of work possible and/or wait 7+ years for original games to be released (after this long of a wait time is it even possible for it to live up to our expectations? Probably not.).

It's sad to see what was once such an innovative behemoth of a company, synonymous with quality, be reduced to such a sad shadow of its former self over the last decade.
#64wafflepitarmPosted 1/4/2013 6:07:32 PM
The future of FF doesnt look promising if theyre going down this Lightcrap road.
#65PostDisasterPosted 1/5/2013 11:41:39 AM
In one word, I believe that the future of Final Fantasy is....Hopeful! And it always has been.

No matter what game you think is their best incarnation...that game is great! And you hope others will be like it. Every game is different, thats the nature of the franchise.

I hope FFv13 will be amazing! Just as I hope that FFLR will be great! I love the franchise. I try and appreciate every game they churn out.

(And FF is more forgivable than what they're doing to KH. That series is a hot mess right now)
#66NSGraphitePosted 1/5/2013 4:06:04 PM
I still have hope for VsXIII and I hope that FFXV will be good. I want to see more tradition Final Fantasy style gameplay with XV, but with some twists. This is what they really need to work on....exploration and combat. The story can be epic and all that but it needs heart. That's what XIII was missing...heart.

I'm hoping they can bring it back with XV.