So is this game coming out or what?

#11Rose_of_MayPosted 12/30/2012 7:52:19 AM
Galcian posted...
Shinji Hashimoto said in a tweet that the game is still being developed, and that we should look forward to seeing it next year.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-to-miss-tokyo-game-show

I think Square Enix is trying to finish on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and FFXIV: A Realm Reborn (both of which are slated for a 2013 release), and after those two are finished they can move on collectively to Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I do think that Hashimoto made it seem that we'll see something relating to FF Versus XIII in 2013 though, even if it's just a promo video or screenshots.

I wouldn't hold to much faith in what the Versus team says. They've got 0 say in when/where they'll be able to show the game again until Lightning's had her trilogy. Back in Jan, Nomura claimed that he would like to make an announcement this year but then, like the rest of us, he was Toriyama'd by Lightning's Third.

http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

My guess for a future timeline

E3 2013 - FF Versus XIII footage shown along with screenshots; could get a new name
Summer 2013 - FFXIV: A Realm Reborn released for PS3 and PC
Winter 2013 - LR: FFXIII released for PS3 and Xbox 360, completing the storyline for FFXIII
Summer 2014: FF Versus XIII released for PS3 and Xbox 360

Since I was expecting the same scenario this year I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Lightning's Third has no release date. Last I heard it was 30% complete back in Sept. To me this signals that the game is slated for atleast a Fall release in Japan.

E3 2013 will be dedicated to A Realm Reborn ( launching around June for the PS3 ) and Lightning's Third, plus w/e Eidos may have to show off and maybe KHHD, but not likely.

Microsoft said in 2011 that the Xbox 360 was halfway done with it's life cycle, which was when it had been out for six years:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308963/ms-xbox-360-about-halfway-through-its-lifecycle/

For the PS3 it's under a ten year cycle:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-26-sony-is-working-on-playstation-4

Means nothing.

Sony is just not now ending PS2 production in Japan, nearly 13 years after it debuted on the market. Both the PS3 and the 360 will be around and supported even after Sony and MS releases their next systems, which will happen by 2014.

The one thing I do agree on is that Versus will likely take the spotlight in 2014.
#12matt091282Posted 12/30/2012 9:00:17 AM
I agree also about 2014 for Versus. It'll probably be one of the last games released for the PS3 you would imagine. It'll act as kind of a "swan song" for the console as the game will kind of give us a glimpse into next gen gaming. That's one reason why I think it is taking so long is because they want to bring the PS3 to its limits with this game. So, I'm sure there has been a lot of testing and trial and error with different technologies.

I hope sometime in 2013 we at least get SOMETHING about this game. Whether it's a trailer, a new character unveiled, new screenshots. I think they at least have to give us something (which I honestly think we will). If you remember when the developers debunked the rumor of its cancellation, they did say they will be releasing more information about this title sometime in 2013.
#13ExtremeLightPosted 12/30/2012 12:47:46 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
i could see sony and microsoft pulling a nintendo and announcing the consoles in 2013 and releasing them in 2014. that would put nintendo in a two year lead though. when sony and micro start to release their systems, all nintendo has to do is drop their already 2 year old console down a hundred bucks and BAM, their goes 50% of the other consoles sales.

i would think next year or early 2014 is the absolute latest sony and micro would release their consoles. any later is insane. the devs want to move to next gen, the people want to move to next gen, graphical engines are ready to go, games are already being developed for next gen... it's time to move on already.

But who's to say that Versus won't be on PS4? I'm not saying it will but it would explain the delay.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#14PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/30/2012 6:17:40 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
But who's to say that Versus won't be on PS4? I'm not saying it will but it would explain the delay.

i'd argue if i could, but it's possible.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#15ExtremeLightPosted 12/30/2012 6:39:52 PM
Rose_of_May posted...

My guess for a future timeline

E3 2013 - FF Versus XIII footage shown along with screenshots; could get a new name
Summer 2013 - FFXIV: A Realm Reborn released for PS3 and PC
Winter 2013 - LR: FFXIII released for PS3 and Xbox 360, completing the storyline for FFXIII
Summer 2014: FF Versus XIII released for PS3 and Xbox 360

Since I was expecting the same scenario this year I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Lightning's Third has no release date. Last I heard it was 30% complete back in Sept. To me this signals that the game is slated for atleast a Fall release in Japan.

E3 2013 will be dedicated to A Realm Reborn ( launching around June for the PS3 ) and Lightning's Third, plus w/e Eidos may have to show off and maybe KHHD, but not likely.

Microsoft said in 2011 that the Xbox 360 was halfway done with it's life cycle, which was when it had been out for six years:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308963/ms-xbox-360-about-halfway-through-its-lifecycle/

For the PS3 it's under a ten year cycle:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-26-sony-is-working-on-playstation-4

Means nothing.

Sony is just not now ending PS2 production in Japan, nearly 13 years after it debuted on the market. Both the PS3 and the 360 will be around and supported even after Sony and MS releases their next systems, which will happen by 2014.

The one thing I do agree on is that Versus will likely take the spotlight in 2014.

1.) Actually I gonna have to say that that dude or gal is probably right on the ball. It only took Ubisoft less than 1 year to make Assassin Creed 3. Other can do the same. From what we seen it is safe to say that Luxerion is completed.
-Side note: I think Versus will make an appearance ONLY IF LR have a release date by E3. Sure they don't want to steal LR thunder but as long as they don't give a release date for Versus than FF sales would be unharmed.

2.)PS4/Xbox 360. Xbox support were dropped once the 360 came out. PS3 will only be support till 2015, Sony said it themselves. Many developers want the next-gen to come out in 2013 so they can start releasing and making games for them. 2014 is the latest though not the least. Also the 10 year cycle mean nothing as you said.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#16gilv3rPosted 12/31/2012 2:47:42 AM
They havent even really started. The gameplay you saw like 2 years ago is all they have done.
---
psn: ReddGrave
steam: redd_grave
#17Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 8:29:45 PM
i could see sony and microsoft pulling a nintendo and announcing the consoles in 2013 and releasing them in 2014. that would put nintendo in a two year lead though. when sony and micro start to release their systems, all nintendo has to do is drop their already 2 year old console down a hundred bucks and BAM, their goes 50% of the other consoles sales.

i would think next year or early 2014 is the absolute latest sony and micro would release their consoles. any later is insane. the devs want to move to next gen, the people want to move to next gen, graphical engines are ready to go, games are already being developed for next gen... it's time to move on already.

Nintendo Wii U is of no competition. And because of that, PS4 and 720 will be delayed an extra year.
#18Seiko_NurashimaPosted 12/31/2012 11:59:52 PM

Im not ready for the next gen I just got on 3rd gen this year and only have 2 years give or take to enjoy it than I gotta move to an even more costly system it hurts my wallet and gamer spirit man
#19zUkUuPosted 1/1/2013 7:21:15 AM
you just got into 7th gen, so you'll probably get into the next in 5 years.
in 2 years you can play all the good games easily.

3rd gen was the 8Bit war btw.
#20sehr0Posted 1/1/2013 5:31:24 PM
a sign that they are being carefull with versus , let the trashy games that are made within months get released first.