Can we move on to FF 15 already?...

#21shinigami_mattPosted 12/30/2012 6:59:29 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
That Agni game looked atrocious. As long as XV isn't that, sure. The writing and gameplay won't get better just because it's a different game, though.

It's rather obvious that AP will turn out to be FFXV. It might not be the exact same thing as the tech demo but it will probably use some of the ideas from it. I thought it look good. I like the more modern middle eastern feel that it has.

That's what I hated. I hate those settings >_<.
I loved FF because it used unique locations. Middle East is boring.

doodbro... come on, man.
http://babysoftmurderhands.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/original_k.jpg

If like, 90% of the game was that, then I could deal with it.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#22fanofff6Posted 12/30/2012 7:14:42 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
zUkUu posted...
I think setting wise, I loved FF 7 (magic steam punkish) and FF 8 (alternate modern world) the most.
That's why I think Versus has an interesting setting - looks like alternate current world.

And 12 was an alternative middle ages. 13 universe is the alternative moon and Earth. Are we moving into an alternative "our world" point for FF?

well, isn't that what versus is supposed to be?
#23PonymoneyPosted 12/30/2012 10:17:50 PM
If they let the Type-0 crew work on a main game, I would be excited about the future of FF!
#24ExtremeLightPosted 12/30/2012 10:30:56 PM
fanofff6 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
zUkUu posted...
I think setting wise, I loved FF 7 (magic steam punkish) and FF 8 (alternate modern world) the most.
That's why I think Versus has an interesting setting - looks like alternate current world.

And 12 was an alternative middle ages. 13 universe is the alternative moon and Earth. Are we moving into an alternative "our world" point for FF?

well, isn't that what versus is supposed to be?

Yea, I'm saying there is a trend of using our world in their recent games. Like they're becoming more modern. Just look at 13 HUD for example. Versus will equal our world during a modern cold war it seem...
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#25Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/31/2012 6:09:48 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
That Agni game looked atrocious. As long as XV isn't that, sure. The writing and gameplay won't get better just because it's a different game, though.

This is one of the most nonsensical statements I've ever read.

Anyways. Yes I'd be pumped for a move away from any and everything related to 13, which has turned out to be just as unlucky as superstitious people believe. If Ito is in charge of XV as rumored then I may have a bit of cautious optimism for SE left. Until then I'll keep waiting for Bravely Default and Type-0.
#26Stella_FleuretPosted 12/31/2012 6:10:55 PM
TC: You expect FF15 to be better than the trainwreck called FF13?
---
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."
#27DanahellPosted 12/31/2012 6:13:07 PM
Poor Agni's Philosophy, it's not even an actual game yet and it already has its haters. XD

Anyway, if it ever becomes an actual game, I doubt the middle east looking place won't be the only location, so I don't think the ones who don't like that should worry much about it.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#28Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/31/2012 6:16:44 PM
Stella_Fleuret posted...
TC: You expect FF15 to be better than the trainwreck called FF13?

Yes. Assuming that it has a different director/etc. given that Toriyama has been busy with XIII sequels this isn't an unreasonable expectation in any sense. This series has always had wildly different offerings between main numbered series.