For me, XIII and XIII-2 were great games.

#1ExtremeLightPosted 1/2/2013 7:00:25 PM
I played through the first one, have a little trouble fightning Bart many time but I enjoyed it. I thought the characters were spectacular, the way the plot unfold was intriguing, and I felt this game have more memorable quotes FOR ME than any other FF:
-"We live to make the impossible possible!"-Light
-Sazh:'RUN!'
*Lightning runs to the enemy*
Sazh:'I meant AWAY!'
-"We didn't overreach ourselves, we overreached you." -Light
-nice gun-Light
-"Why don't you leave, Jihl... or rather, take your leave. Humans have no business here."-Dysley
-"Have you ever paused to consider our reason for making l'Cie of men? We fal'Cie are crafted for a single purpose, and granted finite power to that end. With men it is not so. Men dream, aspire, and through indomitable force of will, achieve the impossible. Your power is beyond measure."-Orphan

FFXIII-2 was also a great game for me. I was completely set when they said they was doing time travel. The only thing that upset me was that we could only use Lightning at the beginning (all that power and no one to use them). Caius is my all time favorite FF villain. Everything he say, it was said with passion, goddang it! This game have plenty more memorable lines like:
-"That time was lost. Yet time continued onward. Divine Etro. Go peacefully to your rest. I will stand guard over your legacy. This endless realm is awash with sadness. Life and death lose all meaning under the rolling waves of chaos. Valhalla. The currents of time do not touch its shores. In this world of lost moments, I begin my life anew."-Light
-"Oblivion is the fate of all things."-Caius
-"Child of miracles. Traveler of time, guided by the goddess. Listen to me. Each time you fulfill wish of your heart, someone else's dream is shattered. You conjure miracles, but when you do, the seeds tragedy are sown in other lives. Are you prepared to bear that burden? That responsibility?"-Caius

I didn't realize how bad the games was to everyone till I came... here. All the hate and raging for 13. I was just in total shocked. Then again, my opinion still hold. Lightning Returns will be another great game and that will be the end of the so-called "Lightning Saga".

Sorry for posting a bunch of quote lol. I just want to say how I felt about the game. Thanks you for reading.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#2zUkUuPosted 1/2/2013 9:15:17 PM(edited)
if you're enjoying it, then that's all that matters. just don't expect others that they share that enjoyment. to me (and a ton of other people) the game lacked the quality of the older games, paired with the extreme linearity in everything, with bland uninspired characters (for the most part) and a confusing, yet somewhat generic story that is just wrapped in fancy words and the atrocious auto-play combat on top, it was just nothing too enjoyable.

I mean I had a bit of fun playing though it, but in the end it's only a mediocre game, a bad RPG and a terrible Final Fantasy.
No Towns, forced story telling, no NPCs, no extra stuff (except hunting quests), no charm, no exploration, nothing.

FF13-2 was even worse imo. while the game opened up, the story was incredible stupid - well the little story the game had to begin with. And don't get me talking about the DLC greed... that's above capcom level of greed.

and this board in particular isn't going to like a game that spawned two sequels, both of which delaying the game we're anticipating for the past 3-4 years.
#3PostDisasterPosted 1/2/2013 9:10:42 PM
I also think they were great games. On this particular board there seems to be less love for XIII and more for Versus. But I mean,Versus is clearly better...and It doesn't even need a finished game! or playable demo...or any new news in the past year....but boy! Did you see that drawling of Noctis! If that doesn't TOATS prove Versus is better than I don't know what will!
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/2/2013 9:23:59 PM
I won't fault people for liking XIII and finding it to be a great game (opinions and what not, naturally), but like zUkUu mentioned, don't expect that many people to feel the same. XIII-2 looked to be promising, nonsensical story aside, until it got to the DLC-fest going on... That's when it instantly made me uninterested.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#5VanilleHopenPosted 1/2/2013 9:38:19 PM
Yep final fantasy xiii and xenoblade are two of the best games of all time.. .anyone who says otherwise is just a hater.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#6akira_hisyamPosted 1/2/2013 9:43:50 PM
for me 13-2 is da WORSE.....

why??

i play many rpg even cliche c rate rpg title but ff13-2 is da worse rpg bcoz that game were dang easy,everything bout 13-2 all of it are easy,no challenge at all and the most frustrated bout13 -2 is the game is short,for rpg game i expected longer play hour but no,everything can complete 100percent in maybe 1 or 2 day(i plat it in 2 day).

im dissapointed.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
---Psn: Akira_Hisyam---
#7zUkUuPosted 1/2/2013 9:45:04 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
Yep final fantasy xiii and xenoblade are two of the best games of all time.. .anyone who says otherwise is just a hater.

people who have not the same opinion as me => hater.

classy.

(btw, xenoblade is imo well polished, but nothing special)
#8akira_hisyamPosted 1/2/2013 9:52:53 PM
and i hate 13-2 dlc,i hate all dlc,i hate dlc practice,why every dang new game must have dlc,why game this day cant have all content in disc? ooooh wait even all content in disc im sure it locked!!!

every store get different dlc.

thist kind of practice should stop. :[
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
---Psn: Akira_Hisyam---
#9VanilleHopenPosted 1/2/2013 10:11:30 PM
zUkUu posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

classy.

and most of the versus community trying to create some stupid civil war within the final fantasy fanbase is classy?

It's so stupid to put such blind faith in a game you know next to nothing of and to rage against games that have already come out and are part of the same franchise..

The feel of this message board is always so negative and depressing, tis quite sad really.

if you think square enix is stupid and sucks then just give up on them..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#10zUkUuPosted 1/2/2013 10:29:07 PM(edited)
VanilleHopen posted...
zUkUu posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

classy.

and most of the versus community trying to create some stupid civil war within the final fantasy fanbase is classy?

It's so stupid to put such blind faith in a game you know next to nothing of and to rage against games that have already come out and are part of the same franchise..

The feel of this message board is always so negative and depressing, tis quite sad really.

if you think square enix is stupid and sucks then just give up on them..

People are excited, and seeing the footage we have, they have all reason to. People were excited for FF13 too, it just didn't turn out well.
So what's your point, that people shouldn't be excited? I don't know what you mean with civil war. Versus has NOTHING to do with FF13 being controversial. The game did a pretty well job alone at being not too likeable to a good portion of the fanbase. Again, this has nothing to do with "blind rage" or something. Many people just legitimately don't like the game. FF12 is not that much different, and again, that has nothing to do with Versus (hell it wasn't even announced back then). People aren't stupid nor blind. The TRUE fans will voice their concern and not buy into everything blindly and forcefully like a game, just because it's part of the same series. Only casuals and sheeps do that.

And what do you expect? there hasn't been anything newsworthy for the past two years almost for a game that was announced and got many hyped 7 years ago... and the only thing we get to hear is "oh you want versus, buy 13-2, 14, 14-2... and 13-2 instead." most of the time it's just joking anyway, because it's sad as it is.

And SE does suck in how they treat their fanbase (DLC, Type 0 loca, Versus Infos etc). I don't see why that means you should never speak about them and never look at their games again. It might not affect a casual or new FF player, but people that were spoiled with the great games of the SNES and PSX era, have all the reasons to be pessimistic. Again, a real fan CARES.