Versus info incoming?

#131ThamauturgePosted 1/12/2013 10:48:09 PM
Ah, so you think XIII's story/chars are better huh. Forget I mentioned it then :3

No... I don't. XIII is the worst FF game ever.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#132DanahellPosted 1/12/2013 10:52:54 PM
Something tells me you're trolling. because no way you went though the entire game without using sab/syn. It's impossible.

how is that trolling in any way? XD

I really went trough the game once without syns or sabs, I just sticked with coms, ravs, meds and sentinels. Of course I ended up most battle with zero stars.

Chapters 11-13 were hell because I was severely under leveled ( By the end of the game I hadn't even completed crystarium lv 9, Snow was my character with the most HP and he was barely scratching the 4000 hp line, Hope had barely above 2000)

My strategies mostly consisted of attacking until I was in red numbers and then switch to the med/sentinel paradigms and go back to com/ravagers. It's pretty possible to finish the game without sabs and syns, it just takes a lot of retries and battles with zero stars. XD
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#133Panda_KunPosted 1/12/2013 10:57:54 PM
Thamauturge posted...
Ah, so you think XIII's story/chars are better huh. Forget I mentioned it then :3

No... I don't. XIII is the best FF game ever.

---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#134ExtremeLightPosted 1/12/2013 11:01:56 PM
Danahell posted...
Something tells me you're trolling. because no way you went though the entire game without using sab/syn. It's impossible.

how is that trolling in any way? XD

I really went trough the game once without syns or sabs, I just sticked with coms, ravs, meds and sentinels. Of course I ended up most battle with zero stars.

Chapters 11-13 were hell because I was severely under leveled ( By the end of the game I hadn't even completed crystarium lv 9, Snow was my character with the most HP and he was barely scratching the 4000 hp line, Hope had barely above 2000)

My strategies mostly consisted of attacking until I was in red numbers and then switch to the med/sentinel paradigms and go back to com/ravagers. It's pretty possible to finish the game without sabs and syns, it just takes a lot of retries and battles with zero stars. XD

So basically you screwed yourself by not using syn/sab.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#135DanahellPosted 1/12/2013 11:08:31 PM
Yeah pretty much, but in this second run I'm making I've used them and made the game more enjoyable, also I played more with paradigm combinations that I wouldn't use at all in my first run like Cerberus or tri-disaster, and now I don't rely too much on sentinels to survive. I gotta say that compared to many other FF's this one has more strategy involved (which just talks about how simplistic could be some of the past FF's )
---
#136Uchiha_HaiPosted 1/12/2013 11:23:44 PM
LFH... all day, every day.
#137zombie_basher13Posted 1/12/2013 11:39:59 PM
Danahell posted...
Yeah pretty much, but in this second run I'm making I've used them and made the game more enjoyable, also I played more with paradigm combinations that I wouldn't use at all in my first run like Cerberus or tri-disaster, and now I don't rely too much on sentinels to survive. I gotta say that compared to many other FF's this one has more strategy involved (which just talks about how simplistic could be some of the past FF's )

So why did you go through 13 without ever using Sab and Syn?
---
Look alive, you fools.
#138DanahellPosted 1/12/2013 11:48:58 PM
Well, like I said I was very used to past FF's where buffs and debuffs aren't that necessary, and for the first chapters you barely have sab and syn skills worth the time of using, so I kept spending my CP on the other roles, by the time I realized how useful could those forsaken roles be I was too late in the game and I had those roles severely underdeveloped.
---
#139PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/13/2013 12:47:05 AM(edited)
i think i used sen like once throughout the entire game. sab against bosses. syn if the character had haste (sazh). everything else was a regular. i usually started my battles with rav rav rav, then after the first stagger, i'd switch to rav com com. that's how i played 90% of the game.
never used summons or each characters special move, aside from seeing them for the first time.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#140zUkUuPosted 1/13/2013 1:05:57 AM(edited)
Lightning - Snow - Vanille/Hope

Com + Com + Rav for a huge portion of the game - against all trash mobs.
Rav + Com + Rav - if I need quick stagger.
Com + Sent + Rav - boss / tough
Com + Sent + Med - boss / tough
Med + Sent + Med - case of emergency + rezzing
Sab + Sent + Syn - bosses / tough
Com - Rav - Med - more offensive healing

it's really only needed for bosses / tough enemies (hunts etc). I think, I changed once or twice an paradigma (sent - sent - sent vs last hunt for instance), it's really strong, and yet not needed much, since the game is ridiculous easy.