Versus info incoming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Versus info incoming?
3 years ago#151
To adnan glad you figured it out but you asked and I answered,

To other poster its being more compared to DQVIII then blue dragon, also it looks a lot better then current FF due to the world map, plus airship as well, the world map in NNK is more like FFVII or DQVIII or even VI world map.

A concept SE seems to have trouble making one.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
3 years ago#152
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
NNK looks not awful imo. I hope that no FF will ever look like that; it might fit for specific games, but not all.

Unfortunately console FF this gen have been terrible NNK aims to bring back what FFVII or DQVIII, did with a freaking world map on console.

SE seems to have great trouble doing this gen. Where is that on todays FF console games no where only versus seems to have it but look how long that game is taking.

I mean graphically. I love the world-map concept - that looks frigging awesome. The graphic style also fits the game is it's a artistic choice, but that only works for cartoony characters. it would look terrible on "real"-inspired characters.
3 years ago#153
NNK looks not awful imo. I hope that no FF will ever look like that; it might fit for specific games, but not all.

Unfortunately console FF this gen have been terrible NNK aims to bring back what FFVII or DQVIII, did with a freaking world map on console.

SE seems to have great trouble doing this gen. Where is that on todays FF console games no where only versus seems to have it but look how long that game is taking.

I mean graphically. I love the world-map concept - that looks frigging awesome. The graphic style also fits the game is it's a artistic choice, but that only works for cartoony characters. it would look terrible on "real"-inspired characters.

Who cares about graphics , they are not everything and when they are other parts of the game suffer.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
3 years ago#154

Who cares about graphics , they are not everything and when they are other parts of the game suffer.

I don't - but the statement "NNK is what FF is suppose to look like." lead to mine ^^, but I see now that you didn't mean artistically; my bad.

I'm still not very interested in NNK, but the world map looked amazing. I'd love to see a return to worldmaps for FFs. at least once to see if the concept still works. I loved FF 7 and 8's world maps. 9's was okayish, 6's was bad. I love when you open it up more and more by gaining different vehicles, exploring everything available, finding secrets etc.
3 years ago#155
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
bah, i still prefer gambits.

So did I. But I was okay with what ffxiii did also. Wish I could have had more use for the sen role though. rarely was a moment when I needed it. I recall using that more in the sequel. Then again I didn't put as much effort into ffxiii-2 like I did with the first so I was a bit weaker.actually ended up using sen in the fight with those bahamut things. Kicked the things ass badly in the end though. Good times

But I somehow ended up loving gamebits more. I should play that game again after I finish my playthrough of the mgs series
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
3 years ago#156
It still baffles me how much support this game has for only a few screen shots and promises. At this point its STILL the awkward cousin of the Lightning Saga.
3 years ago#157
PostDisaster posted...
It still baffles me how much support this game has for only a few screen shots and promises. At this point its STILL the awkward cousin of the Lightning Saga.

2 trailers and an awesome gameplay vid wasn't enough to continue the hype?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
3 years ago#158
Here is the latest "Most wanted" from Famitsu (source: Magic Box). Famitsu polls it's readers and regularly puts out a Most Wanted list with the top 30 results. It's the most popular gaming publication in Japan, so it helps to give you a good idea of what's popular and on people's minds.

01 Monster Hunter 4 3DS Capcom
02 Dragon Quest VII 3DS Nintendo
03 Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DS Atlus
04 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PS3 Konami
05 Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS Nintendo
06 Shin Sangoku Musou 7 [Dynasty Warriors 8] PS3 Koei Tecmo
07 Pikmin 3 Wii U Nintendo
08 Gyakuten Saiban 5 [Ace Attorney 5] 3DS Capcom
09 Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Rockstar Games
10 Shining Ark PSP Sega
11 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle PS3 Bandai Namco
12 Soul Sacrifice PSV Sony
13 Final Fantasy X HD PS3 Square Enix
14 Final Fantasy Versus XIII PS3 Square Enix
15 Summon Night 5 PSP Bandai Namco
16 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Square Enix
17 DmC Devil May Cry PS3 Capcom
18 God Eater 2 PSP Bandai Namco
19 Tales of Hearts R PSV Bandai Namco
20 Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus PSV Marvelous AQL
21 Dragon Quest X Wii U Square Enix
22 Hitokui no Owashi Trico [The Last Guardian] PS3 Sony
23 The Last Remnant PS3 Square Enix
24 Super Robot Taisen UX 3DS Bandai Namco
25 Photo Kano Kiss PSV Kadokawa Games
26 Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox [The God and Fate Revolution Paradox] PS3 Nippon Ichi
27 Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PS3 Capcom
28 The Last of Us PS3 Sony
29 Reiton-kyoju to Cho-Bunmei E no Isan [Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies] 3DS Level 5
30 Macross 30 Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe PS3 Bandai Namco
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
3 years ago#159
Exentryk posted...
Here is the latest "Most wanted" from Famitsu (source: Magic Box). Famitsu polls it's readers and regularly puts out a Most Wanted list with the top 30 results. It's the most popular gaming publication in Japan, so it helps to give you a good idea of what's popular and on people's minds.

10 Shining Ark PSP Sega
26 Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox [The God and Fate Revolution Paradox] PS3 Nippon Ichi
29 Reiton-kyoju to Cho-Bunmei E no Isan [Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies] 3DS Level 5

Not suprised LR made to the list. But GTA V? In Japan? Also, this was before they knew Pokemon X and Y existed right?
---
I'm only serious 23.7% of the time.
Once I Get Up, I Will Rock. Never Stop.
3 years ago#160
Exentryk posted...

10 Shining Ark PSP Sega

X is above Versus? Wow.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Versus info incoming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived