Versus info incoming?

#81DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 5:00:35 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Maybe not near it release but it current lifetime sale is around 2.93 M.
Don't think because people think the game is bad mean it sold just as bad.

but it did sell bad. idk where you getting your numbers from but the ones that keep getting quoted on gaf are way lower
#82ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 5:22:02 PM
What is the one on gaf saying, if you don't mind me saying? You said it keep getting quoted?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#83DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 5:29:33 PM
some ~1.8M, while 4M was shipped.
#84ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 5:34:06 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
some ~1.8M, while 4M was shipped.

Who did they quoted from? NPD?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#85DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 5:45:12 PM
can't cite, as i said these are numbers that kept getting quoted in discussions and arguments
#86ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 5:49:45 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
can't cite, as i said these are numbers that kept getting quoted in discussions and arguments

Oh. Well I used vgchart since it's the only one I can actually find that is accessible to the public.
---
#87DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:14 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...

Oh. Well I used vgchart since it's the only one I can actually find that is accessible to the public.

vgchartz yikes! ): break the habit of using that site if you can, they notorious for posting doo-doo numbers LOL
#88ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 6:00:52 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...

vgchartz yikes! ): break the habit of using that site if you can, they notorious for posting doo-doo numbers LOL

Well, I'm not going to quote what someone else say either. There need to be a direct open source like VG.
---
#89Fairy_WalnutPosted 1/10/2013 6:17:12 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Nuck-chorris posted...
I will really laugh if SE goes bankrupt. They suc.

Hard to when they got game like hitman and Sleeping Dogs racking up sales...

i thought those games didn't meet sales expectations? (i could be wrong.)

I don't know what the expectations were but both sales is currently lower then 13-2 with
Hitman at 2.74M and SD at 1.41M.

13-2 was a financial success based on their annual report last year ending on March 31st. They stated 13-2 and Deus Ex as two of the big reasons why their profits were so good. Hitman JUST came out and it is selling very well based on the Vgchartz (argue about it's accuracy all you want) but when it comes time for their annual report this year it will likely be highlighted a hit. Sleeping dogs they said was slowly selling and it's shipment is 1.5 million and that will be surpassed by the time their annual report comes out.

Square expects to make about 42 million in profits from this fiscal year.

Also companies do get paid on shipments to stores, not sure what the % is but they do get paid for it.
#90DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 6:50:31 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...

Well, I'm not going to quote what someone else say either. There need to be a direct open source like VG.

honestly i got no problem quoting some folks on gaf as those cats do their research, moreso than vgchartz who have repeatedly gotten numbers wrong by a whole digit at times (no one follow fighters here? remember the whole kof13/umvc3 mess where reps from atlus and capcom came out and threw shade at those goons? lol and that's just one incident)

plus the figure also makes sense. we know at launch that it sold +600K in Japan and +500K in the US, bringing that already to over 1.1M. the only EU number i've seen was an unconfirmed 200K so take that however you will. we also know that the game got its price slashed pretty fast