Versus info incoming?

#91ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 6:57:03 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...
can't cite, as i said these are numbers that kept getting quoted in discussions and arguments

Oh. Well I used vgchart since it's the only one I can actually find that is accessible to the public.

vgchartz yikes! ): break the habit of using that site if you can, they notorious for posting doo-doo numbers LOL

Well, I'm not going to quote what someone else say either. There need to be a direct open source like VG.

honestly i got no problem quoting some folks on gaf as those cats do their research, moreso than vgchartz who have repeatedly gotten numbers wrong by a whole digit at times (no one follow fighters here? remember the whole kof13/umvc3 mess where reps from atlus and capcom came out and threw shade at those goons? lol and that's just one incident)

plus the figure also makes sense. we know at launch that it sold +600K in Japan and +500K in the US, bringing that already to over 1.1M. the only EU number i've seen was an unconfirmed 200K so take that however you will. we also know that the game got its price slashed pretty fast

Did they account for Both system sales? I figure 13 is a good 6 Million so 13-2 should be less then half that. I doubt it is actually closer to 1 million and should be in the 2 Millions range. Not enough people hate the first game to not buy the second.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#92DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 7:23:22 PM
oh yeah it's def more towards 2M, wasn't saying that it sold 1.1M but rather just trying to justify that 1.8M figure from gaf. plus we don't know the EU or asia numbers for that matter.

i'm actually gonna do a little bit of digging now since i got myself all curious about it
#93Panda_KunPosted 1/10/2013 7:29:40 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
oh yeah it's def more towards 2M, wasn't saying that it sold 1.1M but rather just trying to justify that 1.8M figure from gaf. plus we don't know the EU or asia numbers for that matter.

i'm actually gonna do a little bit of digging now since i got myself all curious about it

They shipped 2 mil, they didn't actually sell that much.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#94theofficefan99Posted 1/10/2013 7:51:35 PM
Did they account for Both system sales? I figure 13 is a good 6 Million so 13-2 should be less then half that. I doubt it is actually closer to 1 million and should be in the 2 Millions range. Not enough people hate the first game to not buy the second.

FFXIII's controversial nature is a big part of XIII-2's lower sales, but I wouldn't say that's the only thing. There are other factors, such as SE not having a good reputation with its sequels/spin-offs, and as for the game itself, even as a fan of FFXIII, I was uninterested in XIII-2 because it looked terrible based on the trailers, and after the Japanese release, when everyone found out that Lightning was only playable during the prologue, and that the ending was a cliffhanger, and that Serah and Noel were the only playable characters, a LOT of people were furious and they decided to not buy the game.

Hell, I wasn't planning on buying it, until I realized I was bored with my games, and I had money, so I just bought it a month after the game's release.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#95DantayyyyyPosted 1/10/2013 7:57:22 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...

i thought they shipped aprox 4M? i know they shipped 1M in Japan

also: my bad, screw my Japan and US launch figures. for JP it was actually 535K according to media-create and 350K for the US according to NPD LOL

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/1496-final-fantasy-xiii2-sells-350k-first-month-in-the-us

yeah, no wonder those prices slashed fast. those stores were flooding with stock
i think it's also very telling how square didn't publicly ass kiss themselves over sales like they did with ff13
#96Panda_KunPosted 1/10/2013 8:19:26 PM
Dantayyyyy posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
Dantayyyyy posted...

i thought they shipped aprox 4M? i know they shipped 1M in Japan

also: my bad, screw my Japan and US launch figures. for JP it was actually 535K according to media-create and 350K for the US according to NPD LOL

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/1496-final-fantasy-xiii2-sells-350k-first-month-in-the-us

yeah, no wonder those prices slashed fast. those stores were flooding with stock
i think it's also very telling how square didn't publicly ass kiss themselves over sales like they did with ff13

I remember it dropping to 29.99 in like a couple of months. They shipped 2 million but sold close to 2 million stateside but it wasn't exactly 2 million or more. Considerably less than XIII.

But hey, they don't care. Because it was a cheap cash cash and it actually helped bring up their revenue for the fiscal year.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#97zUkUuPosted 1/10/2013 10:21:57 PM(edited)
I hope they reveal a "Triple Triad" sequel for versus!
#98stupid_dudeman7Posted 1/10/2013 10:24:26 PM
Huh, Just an idea :
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/japanese-game-makers-discuss-strategies-for-2013

It says that SE plan to strengthen their IPs. They have XIV, and XIII-3 coming out this year.
But they're smart and know that XIII-3 is not going to benefit FF. I mean, it's damaging the brand. Exemple : FF6 compared to FF13-2 ?

So they need a strong title. And it being so late in development, Versus'll have to be released one day.
So, info on Versus would actually be a strong possibility.
---
Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does"
#99PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/10/2013 10:25:33 PM
nah, they can do better than that. what do royalty play for fun? golf? croquet?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#100PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/10/2013 10:34:05 PM
stupid_dudeman7 posted...
But they're smart and know that XIII-3 is not going to benefit FF. I mean, it's damaging the brand. Exemple : FF6 compared to FF13-2 ?

actually, no. they're dumber than a brick. they actually think 13-2 and 13-3 are good ideas.
to their defense however, i think it's a little unfair to compare 6 and 13-2. i mean, 13-2 is an obvious cash grab and didn't have the luxury of a full dev cycle. comparing it with 13 makes more sense.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA