Multi platform

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#31
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-a-73-ratio-of-real-time-to-pre-rendered-scenes/

The ratio will be 7:3 (real time : pre-rendered)

You do know real time uses in game graphics (like metal gear solid 4) right? So it's 70% in game graphic cutscenes to 30% cgi cutscenes.

When nomura makes games he likes to focus on a single platform so if they do port it, It shouldn't affect the quality of the ps3 version. Unless they cut content to make it fit on 4 discs on the 360 because i expect this game to be 25-30ish gb minimum if it's as big as nomura claims it is.

I truly couldn't care less if it went multiplatform, the only thing i care about is if they had to cut content for it to go multiplatform like FF13.

I know. so what's your point? 30% CGI cut-scenes is HUGE.
4 years ago#32
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-a-73-ratio-of-real-time-to-pre-rendered-scenes/

You do know real time uses in game graphics (like metal gear solid 4) right? So it's 70% in game graphic cutscenes to 30% cgi cutscenes.

When nomura makes games he likes to focus on a single platform so if they do port it, It shouldn't affect the quality of the ps3 version. Unless they cut content to make it fit on 4 discs on the 360 because i expect this game to be 25-30ish gb minimum if it's as big as nomura claims it is.

I truly couldn't care less if it went multiplatform, the only thing i care about is if they had to cut content for it to go multiplatform like FF13.

Well the Wii U's discs are 25 GB.
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
4 years ago#33
I don't think this will come to 360. Nomura dislikes the 360, and KH HD wont come to it so there isn't much of a chance that Versus will. I hope it doesn't. Versus being Sony exclusive would really be a smart business move for Sony.
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
4 years ago#34
zUkUu posted...
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

I know. so what's your point? 30% CGI cut-scenes is HUGE.

Indeed it is (though that's not how ratio works...). I don't think there's ever been a Final Fantasy with that much CGI if that's true. The most CG FF has ever had is with VIII having nearly an hour's worth but that's about it.

I think that interview is mistranslated, though. That sounds like way too much CGI. Perhaps they meant a mix of pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI from Visual Works represents the "3" in that ratio.

You never know, though. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
4 years ago#35
Hopefully it comes to the 360.
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
4 years ago#36
i think i will get ffxiv when it comes out.. I wana play another mmo... lets play together guys.. i'll be a mage. it will kill time for versis..
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
4 years ago#37
theofficefan99 posted...

Indeed it is (though that's not how ratio works...). I don't think there's ever been a Final Fantasy with that much CGI if that's true. The most CG FF has ever had is with VIII having nearly an hour's worth but that's about it.

I think that interview is mistranslated, though. That sounds like way too much CGI. Perhaps they meant a mix of pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI from Visual Works represents the "3" in that ratio.

You never know, though. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

"pre-rended" excludes "ingame", as it basically means "a video" (hence the term "pre-rendered"). we have already seen the trailers of versus which alone are already 7 minutes+ long.
4 years ago#38
i think i will get ffxiv when it comes out.. I wana play another mmo... lets play together guys.. i'll be a mage. it will kill time for versis..

Its either a MMO with Action Combat Like TERA Online or gtfo.
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
4 years ago#39
VanilleHopen posted...

Yay! Let's play together! Just not Tera or whatever or that stoopid Guilds War 2.
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
4 years ago#40
jmichaelbp posted...
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

Well the Wii U's discs are 25 GB.

Always obsessed with Nintendo Jmichael.
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived