Multi platform

#31zUkUuPosted 1/12/2013 11:51:59 AM
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-a-73-ratio-of-real-time-to-pre-rendered-scenes/

The ratio will be 7:3 (real time : pre-rendered)

You do know real time uses in game graphics (like metal gear solid 4) right? So it's 70% in game graphic cutscenes to 30% cgi cutscenes.

When nomura makes games he likes to focus on a single platform so if they do port it, It shouldn't affect the quality of the ps3 version. Unless they cut content to make it fit on 4 discs on the 360 because i expect this game to be 25-30ish gb minimum if it's as big as nomura claims it is.

I truly couldn't care less if it went multiplatform, the only thing i care about is if they had to cut content for it to go multiplatform like FF13.

I know. so what's your point? 30% CGI cut-scenes is HUGE.
#32jmichaelbpPosted 1/12/2013 1:43:28 PM
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-a-73-ratio-of-real-time-to-pre-rendered-scenes/

You do know real time uses in game graphics (like metal gear solid 4) right? So it's 70% in game graphic cutscenes to 30% cgi cutscenes.

When nomura makes games he likes to focus on a single platform so if they do port it, It shouldn't affect the quality of the ps3 version. Unless they cut content to make it fit on 4 discs on the 360 because i expect this game to be 25-30ish gb minimum if it's as big as nomura claims it is.

I truly couldn't care less if it went multiplatform, the only thing i care about is if they had to cut content for it to go multiplatform like FF13.

Well the Wii U's discs are 25 GB.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#33ThamauturgePosted 1/12/2013 3:06:27 PM
I don't think this will come to 360. Nomura dislikes the 360, and KH HD wont come to it so there isn't much of a chance that Versus will. I hope it doesn't. Versus being Sony exclusive would really be a smart business move for Sony.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#34theofficefan99Posted 1/12/2013 5:50:16 PM
zUkUu posted...
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

I know. so what's your point? 30% CGI cut-scenes is HUGE.

Indeed it is (though that's not how ratio works...). I don't think there's ever been a Final Fantasy with that much CGI if that's true. The most CG FF has ever had is with VIII having nearly an hour's worth but that's about it.

I think that interview is mistranslated, though. That sounds like way too much CGI. Perhaps they meant a mix of pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI from Visual Works represents the "3" in that ratio.

You never know, though. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35shinigami_mattPosted 1/12/2013 5:50:55 PM
Hopefully it comes to the 360.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#36VanilleHopenPosted 1/12/2013 5:55:42 PM
i think i will get ffxiv when it comes out.. I wana play another mmo... lets play together guys.. i'll be a mage. it will kill time for versis..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#37zUkUuPosted 1/12/2013 6:14:46 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...

Indeed it is (though that's not how ratio works...). I don't think there's ever been a Final Fantasy with that much CGI if that's true. The most CG FF has ever had is with VIII having nearly an hour's worth but that's about it.

I think that interview is mistranslated, though. That sounds like way too much CGI. Perhaps they meant a mix of pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI from Visual Works represents the "3" in that ratio.

You never know, though. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

"pre-rended" excludes "ingame", as it basically means "a video" (hence the term "pre-rendered"). we have already seen the trailers of versus which alone are already 7 minutes+ long.
#38adnancool13Posted 1/12/2013 6:16:13 PM
i think i will get ffxiv when it comes out.. I wana play another mmo... lets play together guys.. i'll be a mage. it will kill time for versis..

Its either a MMO with Action Combat Like TERA Online or gtfo.
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#39Panda_KunPosted 1/12/2013 6:25:58 PM
VanilleHopen posted...

Yay! Let's play together! Just not Tera or whatever or that stoopid Guilds War 2.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#40Stella_FleuretPosted 1/12/2013 6:28:28 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
turtles1236 posted...
@ zUkUu

Well the Wii U's discs are 25 GB.

Always obsessed with Nintendo Jmichael.
---
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."