Why are FF fans hyped for this? It will have barely any story.

#11TruthPosted 1/17/2013 6:11:40 PM
Nomura has confirmed that he skips cutscenes! How can FF fans that play for story even think this game will have a deep, well-paced story? There's no way this game will have story pacing even in the same league as FFVIII, FFX and FFXIII.

Nomura has already confirmed that there are no cutscenes in FF Versus XIII. I hope people that play FF for cutscenes know this. If not, you are in for a disappointment with this game. You should go in expecting Skyrim in JRPG clothing.

Thankfully, I play FF for exploration and battles and hate the frequent cutscenes. I'm totally hyped for this game. :)

However, I can't wait for the meltdowns from the FF fanbase when it releases in 2014 (a full 8 years after it was announced) and people discover that it has no cutscenes. The tears will be delicious. LOL!
#2westontickleePosted 1/17/2013 6:17:59 PM
1Truth posted...
Nomura has confirmed that he skips cutscenes! How can FF fans that play for story even think this game will have a deep, well-paced story? There's no way this game will have story pacing even in the same league as FFVIII, FFX and FFXIII.

Nomura has already confirmed that there are no cutscenes in FF Versus XIII. I hope people that play FF for cutscenes know this. If not, you are in for a disappointment with this game. You should go in expecting Skyrim in JRPG clothing.

Thankfully, I play FF for exploration and battles and hate the frequent cutscenes. I'm totally hyped for this game. :)

However, I can't wait for the meltdowns from the FF fanbase when it releases in 2014 (a full 8 years after it was announced) and people discover that it has no cutscenes. The tears will be delicious. LOL!

I doubt that's the only thing ppl will be disappointed about. Regardless, I can't wait either. XD
#3zUkUuPosted 1/17/2013 6:25:19 PM
1Truth posted...

Nomura has already confirmed that there are no cutscenes in FF Versus XIII.

Where the heck do you even get that false info? Did you see any of the versus trailers - "no cutscenes"? really?

the only info we got last year was this:
Nomura announced that the game will be a mix between real-time cutscenes and pre-rendered cutscenes with a ratio of 7:3 (70% real-time and 30% pre-rendered).

bad troll is bad.
#461degreesPosted 1/17/2013 6:26:15 PM
1Truth posted...
Nomura has confirmed that he skips cutscenes!

i stopped there. what the heck are you talking about?
#5heartlesshero17Posted 1/17/2013 6:27:08 PM
Regardless of how its done, this game will get hate anyways. And it will be FUNNY!
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#6zombie_basher13Posted 1/17/2013 6:59:00 PM
The story design is targeted specifically toward those who don't like constant cutscenes and instead skip them, and believe me there are a ton of people like that. It doesn't mean there will barely be any story. It means it will be told differently than WATCHING A FRIGGING MOVIE. (MGS 4, FF 13). It is meant to GO AGAINST XIII and its cutscenes every few moments, and it's one of the challenges they're working on. It will be more seamless, Nomura just meant you can still control Noctis while events are happening. How does that translate to no story??

TC, they're trying to evolve and raise the bar for FF. Versus isn't even considered to be a main FF so let it do its thing.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#7adnancool13Posted 1/17/2013 7:11:46 PM
TC Have you heard heard of MGS4? That's how Nomura planning to make the cutscenes like >.>
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/17/2013 7:23:03 PM
the cutscenes are played out in real time, so buckle the **** up tc because you're in for a ride filled with unskippable "cutscenes".
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#9BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 1/17/2013 8:23:54 PM
Which is why Kingdom Hearts isn't story heavy right? Oh wait...
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#101Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:26:45 PM
61degrees posted...
1Truth posted...
Nomura has confirmed that he skips cutscenes!

i stopped there. what the heck are you talking about?

Read the FF Versus XIII Wikipedia page. There's a quote from Nomura in the 'Event' section of the article. He says that he skips cutscenes as he likes to get back to the gameplay. As a result, FF Versus XIII will have no cutscenes. The only time you will not be playing is to watch the (very few) FMVs.