Why are FF fans hyped for this? It will have barely any story.

#21zUkUuPosted 1/18/2013 12:09:19 AM
1Truth posted...
adnancool13 posted...
This is why you read actual articles like this....

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-a-73-ratio-of-real-time-to-pre-rendered-scenes/

Except, the Wikipedia page has an actual quote from Nomura. I'll post it here:

"In FF Versus XIII, we've gotten rid of [in-game] cutscenes that the player can't control. There will either be pre-rendered movies or realtime event scenes that the player can control. These scenes are part of a new gameplay feature which, as far as I know, hasn't been done anywhere else. It's something that allows for very natural changes in the game experience, a form of expression you don't really see in games. It's not something you can explain quickly since the experience can change with each situation, but you could say it leads to the sort of storytelling you see more in FPS games than in console RPGs.

"I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I wind up skipping most cutscenes I run into because I want to get back into the game. I don't think I'm the only gamer like that, and so I wanted storytelling that takes pains not to stop the gameplay. That way, gamers like that can still get into the event scenes in natural fashion. It's also a development time-saver. In the past, we'd make separate high-poly models for the cutscenes, but technology is now to the point where the only difference between the 'high-poly' and 'low-poly' models in FF Versus XIII is in the hair."

http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantasy-xiii-chugging

hurray for reading comprehension!

bad troll is bad.
#22SugarBoogersPosted 1/18/2013 8:19:33 AM
1Truth posted...
Nomura has already confirmed that there are no cutscenes in FF Versus XIII.

False.

If not, you are in for a disappointment with this game. You should go in expecting Skyrim in JRPG clothing.

If you think it'll have variety or exploration on the level of Skyrim then you're the one that will be disappointed. Imma call that False.

Thankfully, I play FF for exploration and battles and hate the frequent cutscenes. I'm totally hyped for this game. :)

Probable Truth. But from everyone's highly negative reaction to FFXIII, you should realize that most people like exploration in FF and are getting tired of the cutscene focus.

However, I can't wait for the meltdowns from the FF fanbase when it releases in 2014 (a full 8 years after it was announced)

I might even call that False, sounds too soon.

and people discover that it has no cutscenes.

And False again.

Maybe you should change you're username to "1Truth+AllLies".
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#23Reaper_ExEPosted 1/18/2013 9:01:00 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
westonticklee posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
Regardless of how its done, this game will get hate anyways. And it will be FUNNY!

My thoughts exactly

And most likely I will still enjoy the game despite the hate it will inevitably receives. Some reason I look forward to some people hopes being destroyed by this game not being their savior.

This. My thoughts exactly

Exactly my thoughts.

This. Exactly my thoughts.
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#241Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:17:49 AM
SugarBoogers posted...
1Truth posted...

False.

It's true, actually. All the cutscenes will be part of normal gameplay.
#25zUkUuPosted 1/18/2013 9:57:40 AM
1Truth posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
1Truth posted...

False.

wrong.
#261Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:09:59 AM
zUkUu posted...
1Truth posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
1Truth posted...

False.

wrong.

Do more research on the game before calling me wrong. Nomura has said himself that all the cutscenes will be part f the gameplay. There will be no cutscenes like FFX and FFXIII in this game. There will only be gameplay and FMVs.
#27zUkUuPosted 1/18/2013 10:54:05 AM
1Truth posted...
zUkUu posted...
1Truth posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
1Truth posted...

False.

wrong.

Do more research on the game before calling me wrong. Nomura has said himself that all the cutscenes will be part f the gameplay. There will be no cutscenes like FFX and FFXIII in this game. There will only be gameplay and FMVs.

do some research on "gameplay" and "CoD like cutscenes".
#28CryofthePlanetPosted 1/18/2013 4:13:47 PM
SugarBoogers posted...

Lol... I laughed so hard at that.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#29SSj7CloudSPosted 1/18/2013 9:56:06 PM
CryofthePlanet posted...
SugarBoogers posted...

Lol... I laughed so hard at that.

I shouldn't have but I laughed pretty good at it too, thanks for that.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#30The_Undying_84Posted 1/20/2013 10:54:05 AM
adnancool13 posted...
TC Have you heard heard of MGS4? That's how Nomura planning to make the cutscenes like >.>

38 hours longs and terrible with some pointless "mash X to see a flashback image" prompts? I certainly hope not.
---
PSN: TheUndying84