versus 13 and next gen

#1ZackAngeal01Posted 1/18/2013 9:11:11 PM
So, i most deffinitely do not want to be a downer, but i feel this needs to be acknowledged in my head (im well aware it has been adressed here, but i need personal validation).
So, most reports are claiming that next gen game consoles are expected to arrive this year... now provided versus 13 is secretely being multiplatformed, this isnt much of a problem.. but if it isnt, and it is intended to be a PS3 exclusive, then, can it be assumed that we can expect an even longer development time to re-develope it for the new systems (btw, for anyone who is interested in something slightly less of a rumor, IBM is releasing their Power 8 processor this year, so if Sony were to keep a cell based system, they would have a sparkling new chip to utilize.)
---
---the nerds will inherit the earth---
#2PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/18/2013 9:26:30 PM
yo, you posted at 11:11:11. creepy.

as shown in the past, se will still release a ff if the next gen has already started or will begin in the near future. the same can happen with v13. re-developing that game would be too costly. not to mention, it would severely piss off hundreds of thousands of people. another thing to consider is that kingdom hearts 3, the game that is already set in stone to release after v13 is officially confirmed for the ps3 as well. it wouldn't make much sense for v13 to be on next gen systems and then kh3 on the ps3.

the worst they could do is release a port on the next gen. maybe a simultaneous release? like with zelda: twilight princess on the gcn and wii.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#3ZackAngeal01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:37:32 PM
This has no intention of facetious, but im trully inquisitive, what games has square enix released on old systems ( im talking specifically sony to sony, xbox to xbox, nintendo to nintendo, i relise the 360 was released whilst square enix was still producing ps2 games)
---
#4PostDisasterPosted 1/18/2013 10:14:02 PM
Does KH reCOM count? That was released for the PS2 in gosh...2009? FF12 was released in the states the same year as the PS3 came out. Thats pretty late too
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/18/2013 10:14:47 PM
well, they released ff9 on the ps1 after the ps2 was released.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#6PostDisasterPosted 1/18/2013 10:16:36 PM
So I wouldn't worry too much. The PS3 I feel has a lot of life in it yet so I wouldnt get too worried that this will be put to next gen. Don't you listen to the SE peeps. Just...be...patient....Noctis Sketch?
#7zUkUuPosted 1/18/2013 11:21:25 PM
this is the first time tho, that we'll probably have NO backwards comparability to the last gen. In this case, timing is crucial. If it's not too long till the release after the new gen has launched it won't be that much of a difficulty. However, I can't see this game being released on PS3 1+ year after the PS4 launch. it would be a stupid move.
#8Rose_of_MayPosted 1/19/2013 11:40:52 AM(edited)
zUkUu posted...
this is the first time tho, that we'll probably have NO backwards comparability to the last gen. In this case, timing is crucial. If it's not too long till the release after the new gen has launched it won't be that much of a difficulty. However, I can't see this game being released on PS3 1+ year after the PS4 launch. it would be a stupid move.

Indeed, but as the debacle that is/was Final Fantasy XIV, the Type-0 fiasco, and the Lightning trilogy have proven, SE has mastered the art of making stupid moves.
#9Lelouch71Posted 1/19/2013 1:39:30 PM
FFVI came out the same year that the PS1 was release in Japan

CT came out the same year that the PS1 was release everywhere else

FFIX came out the same year as the PS2 and one year after the Dreamcast

FFXII came out the same year as the PS3 an Wii and on year after the 360

Re:CoM and DoC came out after all 3 7th gen system were release.

It's not like SE is shy about releasing games after a new generation start. The 8th gen already got started with the 3DS, Vita, and now Wii U.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#10ZackAngeal01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:12:42 PM
Thanks guys! I had no idea, this has been informative!
---