Fabula Nova Crystallis

#1xnoelzPosted 1/19/2013 11:50:19 AM
What is Fabula Nova Crystallis? I know FFXIII and FXIII-2 is included. Is this just a spin-off? And what's the difference between this and the other games?
---
Loading Signature...
#2gtaking5Posted 1/19/2013 12:01:13 PM
The FNC is the FFXIII universe. I'm not sure how the XIII trilogy and Versus are connected(it'll probably be explained in the game) but they share common things like gods(Etro being a major one in both games) and mythology/lore.

And the difference between Versus and the other games is it's going to be an Action RPG. So it wont be turn based. I don't think we know how it'll exactly work, but from the gameplay we've seen, it looks like it'll be like the FFXIII-2 one, only instead of going into a Turn Based battle, you just attack the monsters manually.
---
You say that you're fine but I know that you ain't
You're looking like Hell and you're no f***ing saint
#3adnancool13Posted 1/19/2013 12:55:41 PM
@gtaking5: You are wrong about Versus being like XIII-2. Versus will be nothing like the XIII games in terms of gameplay. The most distinct and closest thing you can refer to when looking at Versus is Kingdom Hearts (Director of Versus is the creator of the KH series)
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#4Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/19/2013 1:16:59 PM
FNC was initially just a compilation with different takes on the same set of mythos that weren't intended to be comprised of direct sequels (as it is now, obviously).

You'll find similar keywords in Type-0 that were used in FFXIII, and I'm pretty certain Etros was mentioned in regards to Versus many moons ago, but it's been hella long time so I can't really remember. Even then, at this point, seeing as how direct sequels have been introduced, anything could happen by now.
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#5PostDisasterPosted 1/19/2013 1:23:29 PM
It's what will be known as "The Lightning Saga: Her Goddessness Worshiped." comprising of the games -FF13, FF13-2, FFLR and the future titles "Final Fantasy: Lightning: The Second Coming" and "Final Fantasy Vanille's Magical Musical Adventure" or the 3DS.
#6Lelouch71Posted 1/19/2013 1:42:23 PM
It a series of games that contain the mythology of Fal'Cie, L'Cie, and other stuff you may have heard in FFXIII. Each game has their own depiction of the mythology. Lightning Saga has their own. Type 0 and any other sequel to the game has its own version. This game will have its own version of the mythology.

Outside of FFXIII, XIII-2, and LR none of the game are connected outside of sharing the same mythology.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#7gtaking5Posted 1/19/2013 2:34:45 PM
@gtaking5: You are wrong about Versus being like XIII-2. Versus will be nothing like the XIII games in terms of gameplay. The most distinct and closest thing you can refer to when looking at Versus is Kingdom Hearts (Director of Versus is the creator of the KH series)

I said the battle system. Didn't I? Anyway I meant the battle system in a way that the enemies will show up on screen and you can choose to fight them or ignore them. Not like other FF games where it's just random battles based on the number of steps you take.
---
I don't want to make you cry cross my heart and hope to die
Drawin' blood and lonely stars, Drinking piss for cheap guitars
#8adnancool13Posted 1/19/2013 2:39:29 PM(edited)

I said the battle system. Didn't I? Anyway I meant the battle system in a way that the enemies will show up on screen and you can choose to fight them or ignore them. Not like other FF games where it's just random battles based on the number of steps you take.

Not even the battle system. As I said, Versus XIII is nothing like any of the XIII games. I don't know why you said XIII-2 has a similar battle system like Versus because they are nothing alike...
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#9westontickleePosted 1/19/2013 2:43:45 PM
PostDisaster posted...
It's what will be known as "The Lightning Saga: Her Goddessness Worshiped." comprising of the games -FF13, FF13-2, FFLR and the future titles "Final Fantasy: Lightning: The Second Coming" and "Final Fantasy Vanille's Magical Musical Adventure" or the 3DS.

I can't wait for Final Fantasy: Vanille's Musical Adventure! It is gonna be so awesome!
#10Kumori_no_YoruPosted 1/19/2013 2:47:47 PM
PostDisaster posted...

I can't wait for Final Fantasy: Vanille's Musical Adventure! It is gonna be so awesome!

Does it involve collecting sugar while running on rainbows?
---
PSN: Neophoton
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy