Will this game have the following 3 things?

#11gamewarrior88Posted 1/19/2013 9:12:10 PM
I don't mind a linear story as long as it involves characters I actually care about and is compelling and interesting. Recently, that hasn't been the case imo.
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#12PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/19/2013 9:27:56 PM
damn near EVERY jrpg is linear. it all depends on how well they mask it. ff12 gave you the illusion that you were exploring this huge world with the freedom of backtracking whenever you want, but the game still put in you on a tight track. the environments, however were compiled of several sections to travel through. ff13... is 90% hallway. it makes no bones about where you're supposed to go.
a game that isn't linear is fallout 3. you leave the vault for the first time and you're smack dab in the middle of a massive environment and you can just about visit anywhere on the map. the story might not make any significant progress, but you certainly have more freedom than in jrpgs.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#13SoulMikeYPosted 1/20/2013 9:24:20 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
"no it's gonna be linear.. because i hate when everything is linear, like the walls their too linear and linear this and linear that and whats this? oh nvm it's linear.."-most overused words and quotes of rpg fanatics since 2010..

I'd hate to be the one to say this but, your beloved games is why people say linear so much. In fact the two people in your name make most normal people nauseas.

And don't forget to bring a napkin while your mouth is running on these other topics. Haha, lame.