Lightning voted BEST Female FF character of all time.

#61Narutochaos22Posted 1/22/2013 12:38:16 AM
Charizard18 posted...
U carzy dawg u

I remember last time I voted for Jigglypuff, but I've given it a lot of thought, and I'm tempted to change my vote to a Jedi Charizard...
But Jedi Jigglypuff...
Why must you have such a good question as a sig?!
---
Sleep deprivation does wonders for the body.
#62Graham_ChapmanPosted 1/22/2013 2:13:38 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
I dunno, people say Lightning won't be easily forgotten, but when was the last time anyone heard about Miley Cyrus or any of the other pop-starts of yesterday? They come, the world screams about them like there's no tomorrow and nothing will ever be right in the world once they're gone...

And then nobody gives a crap when they're replaced by the next big thing because big thing 1 is already old news and forgotten.

I see Lightning a lot like a pop star. She glows really bright right now, but that's just because she's going to go out as soon as the next big entry into the series shows up.

This is kinda how I see it, too... I also find it quite natural since Square Enix have been very "J-pop" in their approach to FF. By comparison, Square Soft was more "Theatre" in their approach. This is something I think one can see in the legacy of their creations, too: Whereas FFX's Yuna will be remembered as a main character in a pretty epic and timeless story about star-crossed lovers, living dreams and an abominable space whale, FFX-2's Yuna will be remembered as a Brittney Spears-esque character... That's to say, people will recognize she had her 15 minutes of fame, she'll only be thought back upon fondly by her more adherent/rabid fans and she'll be less likely to be brought up than, say, Juliet...

And all of a sudden I realize why I've been so faithful to FFvsXIII. It's because I harbour hopes that it'll bring FF back to the theatrical roots, away from the J-pop pastiche. (I dunno if that's a realistic hope, though, considering Nomura's obsession with Gackt.)
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#63gamewarrior88Posted 1/22/2013 7:38:06 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...
grand_kaizer posted...
I dunno, people say Lightning won't be easily forgotten, but when was the last time anyone heard about Miley Cyrus or any of the other pop-starts of yesterday? They come, the world screams about them like there's no tomorrow and nothing will ever be right in the world once they're gone...

And then nobody gives a crap when they're replaced by the next big thing because big thing 1 is already old news and forgotten.

I see Lightning a lot like a pop star. She glows really bright right now, but that's just because she's going to go out as soon as the next big entry into the series shows up.

This is kinda how I see it, too... I also find it quite natural since Square Enix have been very "J-pop" in their approach to FF. By comparison, Square Soft was more "Theatre" in their approach. This is something I think one can see in the legacy of their creations, too: Whereas FFX's Yuna will be remembered as a main character in a pretty epic and timeless story about star-crossed lovers, living dreams and an abominable space whale, FFX-2's Yuna will be remembered as a Brittney Spears-esque character... That's to say, people will recognize she had her 15 minutes of fame, she'll only be thought back upon fondly by her more adherent/rabid fans and she'll be less likely to be brought up than, say, Juliet...

And all of a sudden I realize why I've been so faithful to FFvsXIII. It's because I harbour hopes that it'll bring FF back to the theatrical roots, away from the J-pop pastiche. (I dunno if that's a realistic hope, though, considering Nomura's obsession with Gackt.)

Yeah such a change is probably not likely to happen given SE's current activities, but despite that it'll take little effort to eclipse whatever was done in the XIII series. As was said previously,its merely because of the frachise's exposure and will quickly become yesterday's news with new developments.
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#64Sorrow_EnderPosted 1/22/2013 10:19:48 AM
tifa's crown has been given to someone else?

BLASPHEMY!
---
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching
#65DanahellPosted 1/22/2013 10:52:18 PM

the difference is that that Miley cyrus was always meh, lighting is someone who either you love her or hate her apparently, she won't be easily forgotten, I know that for sure, even if it's to hate on her but people will still remember her not only for the character herlsef but also for what she represents.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#66EscaSyraPosted 1/22/2013 11:17:18 PM
The last time I heard about Miley Cyrus was in this topic, so that's very recent.

Looks like Lightning won't fade so easily after all.
#67PostDisaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:01:50 AM
Danahell posted...

the difference is that that Miley cyrus was always meh, lighting is someone who either you love her or hate her apparently, she won't be easily forgotten, I know that for sure, even if it's to hate on her but people will still remember her not only for the character herlsef but also for what she represents.

Agreed. Lightning has been the center of much controversy and debate. Whether it's praise or resentment she (and XIII sans Versus) get a lot of buzz good and bad. the XIII saga won't be soon forgotten.
#68shinigami_mattPosted 1/23/2013 2:58:48 AM
I like Lightning a lot. Mhmmm.

Noctis will be the next big thing to hate on. When he flies in with his sharingan and awesome over the top sword and teleporting skills the fans will eat him up. He'll get tons of praise, which will then get him tons of hate. The cycle of FF is beautiful in the simple fact that it can actually compete with the Sonic fanbase.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#69DarkKnightCessiPosted 1/23/2013 4:50:44 PM
The only exposure I have to her is Dissidia. I saw nothing that made me want to play her games. Not one thing. For good measure I went and read some reviews and watched some gameplay vids of XIII on youtube and saw further that there was nothing that drew me to her or the game.

Further proof of SE making her bigger than she's worth is the second Dissidia. She's basically the main character (or the one showcased as the leader). It makes sense with WoL in the first Dissidia because he represents the first Final Fantasy. He's special. Lightning was just the latest. Once the next new character (I guess that would be Noctis) comes she'll be the same as every other character. It left me with the feeling that they felt if they beat us over the head with her enough people would become enamored with her we might go buy her game.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#70PostDisaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:57:15 PM
DarkKnightCessi posted...
The only exposure I have to her is Dissidia. I saw nothing that made me want to play her games. Not one thing. For good measure I went and read some reviews and watched some gameplay vids of XIII on youtube and saw further that there was nothing that drew me to her or the game.

Further proof of SE making her bigger than she's worth is the second Dissidia. She's basically the main character (or the one showcased as the leader). It makes sense with WoL in the first Dissidia because he represents the first Final Fantasy. He's special. Lightning was just the latest. Once the next new character (I guess that would be Noctis) comes she'll be the same as every other character. It left me with the feeling that they felt if they beat us over the head with her enough people would become enamored with her we might go buy her game.

Maybe it's cause of the excruciatingly long dev time but I cannot see Noctis or Versus getting the same attention as Lightning. Will it get more "positive" attention? Maybe. But MOAR attention seems like a steep climb considering Lighting has 3 games (practically dominating a whole colsole gen) and a prominent role in Dissidia 2.

Not saying she is deserving of it, but Noctis has a lot of ground to cover to catch up.