The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Describe your own perfect vision of Final Fantasy Versus XIII!

#1theofficefan99Posted 1/21/2013 2:53:47 PM
Let's all share what would make this game perfect to us, and maybe when this game is released, we can revisit this topic and see if it met our expectations!

Plus, this is something to think about during this insanely stupid info drought :p

Alright, well, here's my perfect Versus XIII:

-6 party members. The original 4 guys plus 2 girls. A few temporary party members during certain events would be awesome, too.

-About 7.5 hours of cutscenes (playable, non-playable, whatever)

-45 minutes of beautiful, amazing, memorable pre-rendered CGI cutscenes

-Story takes 35-45 hours to go through, with plenty of challenge. I want there to be at least a few locations with tough-as-nails enemies, and I want most of the bosses in the second half of the game to be very challenging

-At least a few chain boss fights. I want the climax to have at least 3 chained boss fights in a row. As for the finale, I wouldn't mind if there were 5 or 6 bosses in a row.

-The menu screen should be at least as visually appealing as FFXIII's. Beautiful CG portraits and clips would be great, and if the color scheme is blue instead of grey, that'd be amazing.

-I want variety with the level design. I want some areas to be linear, some to be very large, and some to be in-between. No maze-like designs like the Absorption Gate in Tales of the Abyss or The Great Crystal in FFXII.

-Easy access to grinding like in The Last Story. Something like a summon circle would be absolutely amazing.

-I want summons to be equippable, I want them to change your stats, and, well, in short, I want them to be very useful. I'd prefer for them to not just attack and leave.

-A traditional leveling system coupled with a Sphere Grid-like system for skills

-A save-anywhere system with visible checkpoints that fully heal your party and serve as a reminder to save. These checkpoints should also be used as a teleportation/fast-travel device.

-Tons and tons of optional content and replay value. I want tons of great quests, optional locations, optional dungeons, optional bosses, and optional Eidolons. I want to be rewarded not just with extra gil and good items, but cutscenes. I want to learn more about the world the more I explore. It only makes sense, does it not?

-As for replay value, I want the second playthrough to include things like new quests, some additional cutscenes, additional boss fights, and maybe even an additional dungeon or two on top of all that was available in the first playthrough. If the toughest dungeon is completed, something like an extra form for the final boss and an extended ending would be brilliant.

-I want the dialogue to flow smoothly and I want it to be smart and effective. No cheesy things about "hope," "the power of friendship," "light," "darkness," etc. etc. etc. I want things to be believable. I want to feel the characters. I want to believe the characters. I don't want to be rolling my eyes at the things that come out of their mouth like in certain scenes in XIII and in the entirety of XIII-2.

-The story should be well-paced. This means no instances of going 3-4 hours in a mandatory area without any sort of plot progression. Things should flow smoothly.

-I want the story to be unique and dark above anything else. I don't want the writers to be scared of killing off characters. I don't want the writers to be scared of making their characters do something that will make them hated or unlikable. I want to be enthralled by the story, and I want it to affect me in a positive way. I want to come out of the experience a better person, and I want to come out of the experience moved by the writer's message.

-I want all of the music to be a mix of choir and beautiful orchestration.

What about you guys?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2heartlesshero17Posted 1/21/2013 3:21:39 PM
Okay

- I want gameplay to be more than just mashing the attack button to win

- magic should actually be useful unlike other FF titles

- I don't like the Noctis dead=gameover thing. Yes it makes since cause Noctis is the reason why they're able to fight in the first place, but this is gameplay, so **** logic. I want to be able to replace him if I feel like it

- beautiful areas to explore. I can play a linear or open game. The big thing to me is if the place is memorable. I was excited constantly when reaching a new areas in Xenoblade. Many of the places were well designed and lovely and stuck out. FFX, a game that is extremely linear also stuck out to me cause a lot of the areas were cool. Linear or open, either way is fine if I like the world

- Awesome towns. I actually don't care if towns are there or not, but thinking back to how well designed some towns were in FFXII, I would like to see SE do something like that again

Characters all feeling important and having good amount of screen time. Hate or love FFXIII, but before all the sequel stuff happened I actually like that all the main characters had presence. All of them had moments in the story where it focused on them and there problems. I liked that and would love it here
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#3heartlesshero17Posted 1/21/2013 3:27:59 PM
Also optional summon battles like In FFVIII or XII. summons were kinda useless in both, but randomly finding Odin and bahamut in dungeons in FFVIII was the greatest part about that game. Just doing something random and coming across something like that was an awesome feeling

Some of this stuff I actually don't really care if its in versus or not, cause I kinda don't care about versus atm. But when a FF game that actually exists comes along I'd like these things
---
-PainsPerception
#4westontickleePosted 1/21/2013 3:37:30 PM
-Lightning and Lumina as the other two playable characters
-A love scene between Light and Lumina
-Noctis utrns out to be evil and Light takes over as the main character
-Light on the cover of the game

GOTY WHEN this happens. That's right, I said it,WHEN!!! Not if, WHEN!!!!!!!!
---
I come from the future
#5VanilleHopenPosted 1/21/2013 3:40:19 PM
hmm i would like gameplay and sidequests like ffxii and story and characters like ffxiii and ff x...
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 1/21/2013 3:47:49 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
hmm i would like gameplay and sidequests like ffxii and story and characters like ffxiii and ff x...

I did like XII side quests and character interaction in FFX and FFXIII. So cool. Though I hope they do more than just marks for sidequests. Marks are cool, but I would like more
---
-PainsPerception
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:21:52 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Okay

- I want gameplay to be more than just mashing the attack button to win

- magic should actually be useful unlike other FF titles

- I don't like the Noctis dead=gameover thing. Yes it makes since cause Noctis is the reason why they're able to fight in the first place, but this is gameplay, so **** logic. I want to be able to replace him if I feel like it

- beautiful areas to explore. I can play a linear or open game. The big thing to me is if the place is memorable. I was excited constantly when reaching a new areas in Xenoblade. Many of the places were well designed and lovely and stuck out. FFX, a game that is extremely linear also stuck out to me cause a lot of the areas were cool. Linear or open, either way is fine if I like the world

- Awesome towns. I actually don't care if towns are there or not, but thinking back to how well designed some towns were in FFXII, I would like to see SE do something like that again

Characters all feeling important and having good amount of screen time. Hate or love FFXIII, but before all the sequel stuff happened I actually like that all the main characters had presence. All of them had moments in the story where it focused on them and there problems. I liked that and would love it here

Meh, XII's towns didn't really stick out in my opinion. Didn't see anything special about them. I agree with everything else you said, though.

And also, I personally thought magic was super useful in XIII. In fact, the only times I think magic has ever been useless in the Final Fantasy series was in FFIX and XII.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8marko7Posted 1/21/2013 6:42:00 PM
-MOTORBIKES
-Car chases
-Chocobo quests
-Some fun minigames
-Immersive world (Towns npcs sidequests lore etc)
-cool story
-satisfying ending
-customisation
-useful summons
-Combined party attacks
-Classic magic (holy/flare/meteor etc)

theofficefan99 posted...
In fact, the only times I think magic has ever been useless in the Final Fantasy series was in FFIX and XII.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/580/Wat.jpg?1315930588

Give me whatever you're smoking.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#9zUkUuPosted 1/21/2013 6:47:02 PM
I'm currently replay XII - and while I agree that they aren't standing out all that much (like in FF VI), they are incredible good per design. Visit a shop, and see how much stock is on the shelves - not as mere bitmap, but as real renders. Each town is incredible detailed and filled with people. It's just that the setting / plot isn't interesting - and I admit there are way too many characters that have nothing interesting to say. Still, I take that, and the immersion over "no towns, no npcs" in FF13. I really liked FF VII's and VIII's towns the most. each was very differently and remember-worthy.
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:50:07 PM
marko7 posted...
-MOTORBIKES
-Car chases
-Chocobo quests
-Some fun minigames
-Immersive world (Towns npcs sidequests lore etc)
-cool story
-satisfying ending
-customisation
-useful summons
-Combined party attacks
-Classic magic (holy/flare/meteor etc)

theofficefan99 posted...
In fact, the only times I think magic has ever been useless in the Final Fantasy series was in FFIX and XII.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/580/Wat.jpg?1315930588

Give me whatever you're smoking.

Oh wait... I forgot about Vivi. For a second, I thought that my party consisted of melee users. I haven't played it in a while so my memory's rusty >.> though I now remember that I pretty much always had a party of Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Quina/Freya. I always thought that Eiko and Garnet were pretty useless, though.
---