Describe your own perfect vision of Final Fantasy Versus XIII!

#11heartlesshero17Posted 1/21/2013 9:46:19 PM
zUkUu posted...
I'm currently replay XII - and while I agree that they aren't standing out all that much (like in FF VI), they are incredible good per design. Visit a shop, and see how much stock is on the shelves - not as mere bitmap, but as real renders. Each town is incredible detailed and filled with people. It's just that the setting / plot isn't interesting - and I admit there are way too many characters that have nothing interesting to say. Still, I take that, and the immersion over "no towns, no npcs" in FF13. I really liked FF VII's and VIII's towns the most. each was very differently and remember-worthy.

FFVIII actually has my favorite towns in the entire series. I mentioned FFXII cause like you said, they very detailed. I really liked that. I don't want towns to actually look like XII towns. Oh no, I just want that level of detail. Small little towns with a nice relaxing atmosphere like balamb and besaid I like better. I just thought more detailed towns like Rabanstre would be nice

And office btw the magic comment was not meant towards FFXIII. More towards games like 8. Yes you can use them to power up up your stats. But as an attack most was completely useless even if you didn't use op tactics. FFXII also suffered from this due to the slow as **** animation magic had. Still some spells I used, but a lot of the time it felt useless.

A game like this having an action element imo really needs useful spells just to have more options in gameplay that aren't useless. Action is cool, but more moves and options the better
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#12zUkUuPosted 1/21/2013 10:10:50 PM
Yeah FF 8 has the best towns by far. I remember how amazed I was by Esthar, Balamb Garden, Timber etc

In terms of magic, only FF 7 has done that right imo. In no other game did I really rely on magic, except for healing. FF 10 comes second.
#13Panda_KunPosted 1/22/2013 7:33:24 AM
"No light and darkness crap"

This game focuses on those themes. Sorry, buddy.

My perfect Versus: ...
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#14marko7Posted 1/22/2013 10:57:56 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I want to feel the characters.

LOL

Also, I think your expectations are a little bit too high. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#15xseshPosted 1/22/2013 2:59:59 PM(edited)

O_O

*edit*
I want this to be like FFVIII and that is more than enough for me
---
ZOE3*, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They? [*=check]
#16heartlesshero17Posted 1/22/2013 3:08:12 PM
xsesh posted...

O_O

*edit*

In what way? Just curious cause I loved FFVIII personally. I'd love the world to be more like it. But i'd rather its story and characters to not be like it
---
-PainsPerception
#17xseshPosted 1/22/2013 3:32:14 PM
xsesh posted...

O_O

*edit*

In what way? Just curious cause I loved FFVIII personally. I'd love the world to be more like it. But i'd rather its story and characters to not be like it

world, system and characters design I don't know why but they all looked like a real people to me with real cloths unlike Tidus, don't get me wrong I like Tidus' character and design but not the cloths
---
ZOE3*, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They? [*=check]
#18theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:39:29 PM
marko7 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

LOL

Also, I think your expectations are a little bit too high. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I knew that sentence sounded funny D: but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean >.>

Yeah, I know :p I'm expecting this game to be an 8.0-8.5 game. It may pleasantly surprise me, though.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#19heartlesshero17Posted 1/22/2013 5:39:35 PM
xsesh posted...
xsesh posted...

O_O

*edit*

world, system and characters design I don't know why but they all looked like a real people to me with real cloths unlike Tidus, don't get me wrong I like Tidus' character and design but not the cloths

Ah yes, FFVIII character designs are also among my favorites. Though I am liking the designs in Versus at least. Ignis and Gladiolus look cool. Noctis has a better jacket now but still has lame ass pants and boots so meh. Prompto I noticed in the last trailer had a few new touches added and has pants kinda like Noctis now as well. Lame, but still like the overall look. Hope Stella gets a clothing change as well
---
-PainsPerception
#20zUkUuPosted 1/22/2013 5:44:33 PM
am I the only one who thinks that Ignis looks extremely like Ryan Phillipe?