The level of shadiness SE is reaching makes me worry about Versus

#11Reaper_ExEPosted 1/24/2013 8:41:20 AM
Loldelusion
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#12zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 10:10:35 AM(edited)
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...
lol @"DLC in 13-2" non essential.

made my day.

"Mostly fair and nonessential"

Seriously, learn to read.

I will after you do:
Lelouch71 posted...
SE been mostly fair when it comes DLC prices. [..] the DLC in FFXIII-2 were mostly fair and nonessential.

Seriously, do you even use your brain before posting marko7, or don't you care at all about the stuff you write, as long as you think it'll provoke me?
#13Reaper_ExEPosted 1/24/2013 10:47:59 AM
This is coming from someone who got the ff13-2 CE + all the DLC..... dem bewbz was worth it
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#14marko7Posted 1/24/2013 4:28:05 PM
zUkUu posted...
I will after you do

Oh I have no problem reading but thanks for admitting that you do. Not that I didn't already know that.

And really you should learn to. I take it you were referring to the final DLC for XIII-2 which some might find essential but the rest really isn't. That would be described as "mostly non essential" in a broad and fair sense which you seem to have trouble comprehending and thus making your initial post idiotic in all ways possible.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#15ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 4:38:03 PM
ZanarkandZ posted...
SE nowadays tries to suck as much money as they can without effort, everyone knows that, FFXIV was a quick cash-in, FFXIII-2 + DLCs was worth about $100, all the repackaging the old school final fantasies were submitted to, etc etc..

Last week Final Fantasy All The Bravest was released, and it seems from the reviews that it is the peak of this business strategy. A game that requires almost no input from the player (the characters auto-attack with no strategy whatsoever), "phoenix downs" must be bought with real money, and characters are worth $0.99 and random. Even IGN states "DONT BUY THIS GAME".

This worries me about Versus XIII a great deal. We've been waiting for 7 years for this game and SE never cared about quenching the thirst for info the fans have, and I'm fearful that they'll try to exploit the demand for this game with DLCs. If they managed to make FFXIII-2 DLC almost as expensive as the game itself, imagine how far they can go with Versus, a game that they already know it has a high demand ("were saving this game for when there's a need for a classic final fantasy"). DLC costumes, DLC weapons, DLC armors, DLC areas, DLC secret characters, etc etc...

Here's the destructoid review of All The Bravest (that makes pretty explicit the "tactics" SE uses to make gamers spend even more money):
http://www.destructoid.com/review-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-242882.phtml

-If you spent $100, you need to relax. CoD is more costly.
-All the bravest is another failure. It's not even on the Android market.
-Of course they are doing to go DLC with Versus. They would be stupid not to. But I think it will be more like Assassin's Creed bonus missions and stuff not story lines DLC like 13-2.
-I'm not reading no review. I have no plan to buy it. Heck I can't even buy it.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#16zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 5:12:06 PM
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...
I will after you do

Oh I have no problem reading but thanks for admitting that you do. Not that I didn't already know that.

And really you should learn to. I take it you were referring to the final DLC for XIII-2 which some might find essential but the rest really isn't. That would be described as "mostly non essential" in a broad and fair sense which you seem to have trouble comprehending and thus making your initial post idiotic in all ways possible.

I already called you out, no need for defending your flawed logic. It only makes it more embarrassing for yourself.

and no, almost all DLC in FF13-2 is essential to SOME degree (save for the costumes). There is an entire map in the game that has NO PURPOSE except to launch DLC, on top of the DLC ending. it's just a scam and even below capcom levels. it's single handed the greediest thing I have encountered this gen (well with SFxT's 20 character locked away, but this is still worse).

And no I'd prefer that we stop communicating altogether. I don't need a fangirl. thanks.
#17ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 5:25:54 PM
zUkUu posted...
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...
I will after you do

I already called you out, no need for defending your flawed logic. It only makes it more embarrassing for yourself.

and no, almost all DLC in FF13-2 is essential to SOME degree (save for the costumes). There is an entire map in the game that has NO PURPOSE except to launch DLC, on top of the DLC ending. it's just a scam and even below capcom levels. it's single handed the greediest thing I have encountered this gen (well with SFxT's 20 character locked away, but this is still worse).

And no I'd prefer that we stop communicating altogether. I don't need a fangirl. thanks.

Lmao. You clearly don't know about CoD's DLC.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#18marko7Posted 1/24/2013 5:57:21 PM
zUkUu posted...
I already called you out, no need for defending your flawed logic.

This doesn't even make sense. I was the one calling you out you silly goose. I'd love to hear whats flawed about my logic too. I could use a good laugh.

It only makes it more embarrassing for yourself.

The only embarrassing thing here is your nonsensical rambling.

and no, almost all DLC in FF13-2 is essential to SOME degree (save for the costumes).

Almost all of it? What planet are you on? And you're saying that I'm somehow embarrassing myself? Pah! Not if you keep saying s*** like this XD

There is an entire map in the game that has NO PURPOSE except to launch DLC

...So? It's an arena. That doesn't mean you MUST buy the DLC coz it serves no other purpose. It affects the game in no way.

on top of the DLC ending. it's just a scam and even below capcom levels. it's single handed the greediest thing I have encountered this gen (well with SFxT's 20 character locked away, but this is still worse).

...and the last horse crosses the finishing line. I'm pretty sure you've completely missed my point altogether at this stage.

And no I'd prefer that we stop communicating altogether.

How about you stop trying to communicate in general? You're not that good at it.

I don't need a fangirl. thanks.

My heart aches.
---
#19zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 6:29:52 PM(edited)
Let's try an example that even you can understand.

"the stone is super smooth and unbreakable"

according to your logic, that concludes into two statements:
-the stone is super smooth
-the stone is super unbreakable

that isn't written there, nor does it conclude from the premise, hence your logic is FLAWED. he even mentioned "mostly fair" earlier in his post, yet you assume that he also means "mostly nonessential", when he wrote "mostly fair" the SECOND time.

You're right, it's an arena, but by far not the first in a FF or SE game. just take a look at FF VI, FFVII or KH. There is a vast amount of battles available right from the get go. Now, if you could purchase ADDITIONAL battles in FF13-2 I wouldn't be bothered much, but you have NOT A SINGLE BATTLE there. And when you have an area that has no purpose without DLC I call the DLC pretty essential to that area. It has a direct effect on my game experience. I was hyped when I unlocked the arena when I played the game (I love arena type of challenges), only to have my faith shattered yet again, when I saw that it's a pure money grab.

And you're wasting my time, your claims never have a basis nor give you any sort of worthy response. "you're embarrassing", "no! you are!" - what are you, 12?

ExtremeLight posted...
zUkUu posted...
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...
I will after you do

Lmao. You clearly don't know about CoD's DLC.

I'm aware of all sorts of DLC, and I'm not a friend of any of them. Another wrong, doesn't make it right, tho. Only when DLC is implemented like in Skyrim, Arcade Edition or Dark Souls it's acceptable. "Add Ons", that are developed after the game is released due to popular demand. DLC is to me, the biggest scourge of this generation. I almost never purchase them - in fact I think I only bought 2 DLCs so far. As stated above, it greatly affected my fun I had with the game, even tho it's just DLC. When I arrived at the arena, there haven't been any DLC released to begin with (except for Omega, which was a preorder bonus, which I didn't have access to) - it was just an empty room, there to taunt you.
#20marko7Posted 1/24/2013 7:54:59 PM
zUkUu posted...
Let's try an example that even you can understand.

Your example is pretty horrible. And you do know that what I brought to your attention can be easily interpreted that way don't you? And its probably what he intended to put across seeing as he's a pretty level headed user around here (unlike you). Or does everyone need to be explicit with you seeing as you said earlier you can't read properly?

hence your logic is FLAWED.

Not really, seeing as I have a more sound interpretation of what he said rather than resorting to acting like a douche.

You're right, it's an arena, but by far not the first in a FF or SE game. just take a look at FF VI, FFVII or KH.

This isn't relevant.

And when you have an area that has no purpose without DLC I call the DLC pretty essential to that area.

It may be essential to utilise the purpose of the area but it has zero impact on the main narrative and the rest of the game. The arena is only there for special monsters to capture. Nothing else. It is a completely superficial area for people who want special monsters. I.e. completely nonessential.

It has a direct effect on my game experience.

Thats pretty stupid to be honest. The game plays exactly the same with or without the Arena dlc. (You know, with it being completely nonessential and all)

I was hyped when I unlocked the arena when I played the game (I love arena type of challenges), only to have my faith shattered yet again, when I saw that it's a pure money grab.

Christ, get the violins out everybody!

And you're wasting my time

I'm sure you have lots of more important things to be doing right now /sarcasm

your claims never have a basis

Well, they usually stem from you saying something rather stupid.

"you're embarrassing", "no! you are!"

When did I say that?

what are you, 12?

Double that actually. And you're hardly in any position to be throwing those statements around when you have your heart broken by arena dlc.
---