The level of shadiness SE is reaching makes me worry about Versus

#21zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 8:50:59 PM
The sole fact that the Arena is IN THE MAIN GAME makes your statement about "non-essential" void. That is what ticks me off here, if they would not have included it and added it via DLC it would only be half as bad. However, since it is, it's just a way to tell people "go buy DLC you moneysacks". If they would at least fill it with some batltles or something to "hide it", but no - they're pretty blunt about it. Same with "to be continued" ending. I have not yet played a game, where missing content in form of DLC was so visible.
#22marko7Posted 1/24/2013 9:09:30 PM
zUkUu posted...
The sole fact that the Arena is IN THE MAIN GAME makes your statement about "non-essential" void.

It really, really doesn't. Clearly you didn't read what I said (probably due to your problem with reading).
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#23S1-Winged_AngelPosted 1/24/2013 9:38:31 PM
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...
The sole fact that the Arena is IN THE MAIN GAME makes your statement about "non-essential" void.

It really, really doesn't. Clearly you didn't read what I said (probably due to your problem with reading).

Owned.
#24zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 10:38:51 PM(edited)
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...

it really really does. I have given you my experience and how it affected my "fun" with the game. and don't forget the DLC story ending...
so appraently it's still YOU who has a severe problem with reading and comprehension.
you're simply trying to hard; but why do I even bother answering you? it's futile, as you just want attention, because you argue for the sake of arguing. worst kinds of trolls around.

S1-Winged_Angel posted...
marko7 posted...
zUkUu posted...

Owned.

welcome to 2004.
#25marko7Posted 1/25/2013 7:16:13 AM
zUkUu posted...
it really really does.

Nope I explained why it doesn't. You must've missed it in my previous posts. I know its hard for you but try a bit harder and maybe you'll see it this time.

I have given you my experience and how it affected my "fun" with the game.

Irrelevant to how it affects the overall game, which I explained already.

and don't forget the DLC story ending...

And I've already talked about this too, which you also seemed to have missed, seeing as I don't need reminded about it.

so appraently it's still YOU who has a severe problem with reading and comprehension.

Nope, its definitely still you, but now you're trying to be really petty and pass your short-comings off on me, which isn't working btw.

you're simply trying to hard;

Seriously, I'm not even trying. This is too easy.

but why do I even bother answering you?

I dunno dude, maybe you like it when other people put you in your place?

it's futile, as you just want attention, because you argue for the sake of arguing.

Well if I recall, you were the one who said you were gonna stop responding (mostly to save yourself from embarrassment) but you've kept coming back and making an even bigger fool of yourself. So it would seem you're the one lookin for attention as it usually is people like you who post idiotic douchey comments that want some sort of reaction and you got it buddy! Although, it clearly back-fired severely.

worst kinds of trolls around.

Hardly trolling. All I'm doing is pointing out how pointless and stupid your post was and continuing that trend with pretty much every reply you make.

welcome to 2004.

Good retort! You showed him! /sarcasm
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#26zUkUuPosted 1/25/2013 8:14:44 AM(edited)
you have "explained" nothing. you merely stated something, and I tell you that it's wrong, since I'm pretty sure I know better how it affected my overall game experience, then you do. You can repeat "no it doesn't" as often as you wish, you won't change my opinion, nor that of many other people. In case you missed it, FF13-2 is high controversial, inter alia due to the whole DLC money grab.

You also don't seem to comprehend my point at all or just ignore it and just spout the same nonsense over and over again. I won't have any further argument with you on this part tho, since you're incapable to even grasp the basic meaning of a statement.

Just believe whatever lets you sleep at night. I'm unwilling to feed the trolls any longer - it's just too apparent at this point that you're butt hurt and try to forcefully nitpick everything to provoke a reply. In case you don't remember (which seems a common problem with you), you started the quest to look like a fool with your failed interpretation, not me.

The most pitiful is that your really think "you showed" someone or that something "back fired". I've real compassion for you, since you seem to live in your own, twisted world. But hey, what should I expect from the self-proclaimed "ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards"? Delusion is your thing. Why don't you go back there instead of continuing the futile attempt to shuffle out of your puny troll-attack?

And hey, if you want an autograph, you could just ask. No need to troll around just to have my attention.

edit:
Btw, please learn to quote probably, or write a real answer that doesn't consist of allegedly witty remarks about out-of-the-context parts of a statement, or is that another thing you're unable to do? It's disturbing to read that mess of a text you always put up..
#27westontickleePosted 1/25/2013 8:46:20 AM
^ So 1 in game location that has really nothing to do ith the main story greatly affected your experience because you had to pay to go ip agains special foes like Ultros, Lightning, etc? Why WOULD they give you those for free. "Oh, here's a recruitable Lightning for free in form of boss battle!!" I wiuld call that stupid.
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#28zUkUuPosted 1/25/2013 9:02:11 AM
westonticklee posted...
^ So 1 in game location that has really nothing to do ith the main story greatly affected your experience because you had to pay to go ip agains special foes like Ultros, Lightning, etc? Why WOULD they give you those for free. "Oh, here's a recruitable Lightning for free in form of boss battle!!" I wiuld call that stupid.

The point is that it's EMPTY, yet still in the main game. It's just a giant slap in the face to the player. You're forced to visit it for a 2 line dialogue and to receive an item. At the point I got to the arena, there were no DLC released to begin with - so it was entirely purposeless. And It was a HUGE downer to find out that it was just in the main game to launch DLC. I'm an arena fan - I loved all the arenas in other games, as that is often the only place where you can find a challenge. Seeing how the other "bosses" were pushovers, I'd have loved to fight a ultra-boss there.

If they would have filled it with battles already (like in any other arena square has put into any other game [VI, VII, KH 1 + 2 etc], and you could buy ADDITIONAL battles (Lightning etc), it wouldn't be so bad. I could tolerate it at least - but that was not the case. You don't buy "additional" battles, you buy ALL battles. Another option would have been to exclude it from the main game and don't force you to visit it. It's the attitude Square shows here that is the problem - I doubt it's just lazy implementation. It's greed in the purest form.

Btw, lol I need to youtube ultros battle. didn't know he made it in. xD
#29S1-Winged_AngelPosted 1/25/2013 9:53:36 AM
Yes, even in 2004 you'd be owned.
#30westontickleePosted 1/25/2013 9:59:26 AM
zUkUu posted...
westonticklee posted...

The point is that it's EMPTY, yet still in the main game. It's just a giant slap in the face to the player. You're forced to visit it for a 2 line dialogue and to receive an item. At the point I got to the arena, there were no DLC released to begin with - so it was entirely purposeless. And It was a HUGE downer to find out that it was just in the main game to launch DLC. I'm an arena fan - I loved all the arenas in other games, as that is often the only place where you can find a challenge. Seeing how the other "bosses" were pushovers, I'd have loved to fight a ultra-boss there.

If they would have filled it with battles already (like in any other arena square has put into any other game [VI, VII, KH 1 + 2 etc], and you could buy ADDITIONAL battles (Lightning etc), it wouldn't be so bad. I could tolerate it at least - but that was not the case. You don't buy "additional" battles, you buy ALL battles. Another option would have been to exclude it from the main game and don't force you to visit it. It's the attitude Square shows here that is the problem - I doubt it's just lazy implementation. It's greed in the purest form.

Btw, lol I need to youtube ultros battle. didn't know he made it in. xD

Well maybe your love for the arenas in past games plays a part in that, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. I guess I can agree that there should be in game battles but I still see nothing wrkng with the DPC. All the DLC battles are special battles with memorable characters. Lightning, Ultros, I think GILGAMESH. Paying for battles with opponents like thise I see nothing wrong with. I just don't see it as something to affect my fun for the game
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell