The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Top 10 List FF, and Linearity

#1GuitaristMattPosted 1/24/2013 12:39:35 PM
Today's Top 10 list "Things we didn't care about 10 years ago" featured Final Fantasy XIII. The list is over all completely bogus and I believe technically it is written backwards, but it brought up a point about how linear Final Fantasy XIII was.

Arguments against this include the hunting side missions and getting everyone to max their crystarium out. Which is not that different from other Final Fantasy games that include optional bosses and getting every character to level 99/ job points max.

While I'd love to discuss the above more, this is our Versus XIII board. How linear would you like Versus XIII to be? FFXII or more FFVII like. Or even more like Kingdom Hearts (though we supposedly have way more freedom than that)?
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#2zUkUuPosted 1/24/2013 12:56:19 PM
Worldmap - 'nuff said.
#3CokaineCowboy77Posted 1/24/2013 1:01:29 PM
More VII like but more detailed world map.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFIV>FFVIII
XIII= S***
#4ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 4:31:20 PM
Kingdom Hearts is pretty much out of the question unless there are multiple worlds. So more open than 12.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:10:07 PM
For Kingdom Hearts I was thinking more along the lines of an overworld map with like an airship taking you from town to town while keeping exploration to a minimum.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#6DarkKnightCessiPosted 1/24/2013 6:29:39 PM
A huge worldmap filled with interesting things to roam around in. I want freedom.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#7Lelouch71Posted 1/24/2013 8:48:07 PM
More Xenoblade like except we can drive cars, fly airships, ride chocobos, or control magitek. I want the world to be huge and less linear with the story being mostly linear as far as how it's told.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#8_Hideo_Kojima_Posted 1/26/2013 2:58:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9SsliasilPosted 1/26/2013 4:37:36 PM
I suddenly wish I still had my Phat PS2...I really want to play Dragon Quest 8 all a sudden.
---
"Ya know?" Wakka FF X and X-2.
#10ExtremeLightPosted 1/26/2013 7:51:59 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
For Kingdom Hearts I was thinking more along the lines of an overworld map with like an airship taking you from town to town while keeping exploration to a minimum.

Wait. What do you mean keeping exploration to a minimum?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!