The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Have they shown any summon monsters yet?

#1DarkKnightCessiPosted 1/28/2013 3:26:23 PM
I'm wondering if they will be robotic looking. I'd prefer the nonmetal versions of old. Bahamut looking like a "real" dragon. Odin looking creepy atop a real-horse Sleipnir, etc. I thought it was neat that they looked like living creatures stopping by to give you a hand. The appeal is lost (to me) wth the robotic looks and transforming.

Since Versus shares XIII's mythos, is there a chance the summon's designs will be the same?
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#2Charizard18Posted 1/28/2013 6:06:53 PM
I hope they retain the classic look and aren't Transformers.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#3Fairy_WalnutPosted 1/29/2013 8:01:52 AM
They are creature form in Type-0 so there is hope that they will be as they should be in this game.
#4MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/29/2013 4:55:48 PM
A while back Nomura hinted that summons(among other "things") might take the form of their classical counterparts, as in mythical creatures(not robots).
#5MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/30/2013 1:22:43 PM(edited)
DarkKnightCessi posted...
Since Versus shares XIII's mythos, is there a chance the summon's designs will be the same?

I forgot to add, just because Versus shares the base mythology doesn't mean the interpretation will be the same. There's nothing in the base mythology that says the summons have to be robotic, just like there's nothing in the base mythology that says the gods have to be robotic, nor fal'Cie have to be robotic. The whole "god machine" thing is FFXIII's interpretation of the mythos. In fact, Type-0 shows somewhat more traditional looking "deities"(along with more traditional looking summons). Versus, if what Nomura said is true(which just might be, considering a lot of the enemies you fight are relatively classic fantasy creatures, like Wyverns and Imps/Garchimaceras), will be a totally different FNC world than FFXIII. I mean, even the Behemoth, while having battle armor(because it's being used by the enemy as a war beast), still uses the more classic design of the FF behemoths(not like the ones in FFXIII, which are totally new and more techno-organic looking). Also, who knows, if the infamous FNC deities appear this time around, and we actually get to see beings like Etro and such, they might just appear like classically represented gods and goddesses(like the Greek gods), not robot-looking beings.
#6Charizard18Posted 1/30/2013 1:41:57 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...

I forgot to add, just because Versus shares the base mythology doesn't mean the interpretation will be the same. There's nothing in the base mythology that says the summons have to be robotic, just like there's nothing in the base mythology that says the gods have to be robotic, nor fal'Cie have to be robotic. The whole "god machine" thing is FFXIII's interpretation of the mythos. In fact, Type-0 shows somewhat more traditional looking "deities"(along with more traditional looking summons). Versus, if what Nomura said is true(which just might be, considering a lot of the enemies you fight are relatively classic fantasy creatures, like Wyverns and Imps/Garchimaceras), will be a totally different FNC world than FFXIII. I mean, even the Behemoth, while having battle armor(because it's being used by the enemy as a war beast), still uses the more classic design of the FF behemoths(not like the ones in FFXIII, which are totally new and more techno-organic looking). Also, who knows, if the infamous FNC deities appear this time around, and we actually get to see beings like Etro and such, they might just appear like classically represented gods and goddesses(like the Greek gods), not robot-looking beings.

This would actually be interesting to see. The cast of the FNC interpreted in a more classic FF style.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#7largerockPosted 1/30/2013 2:07:57 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
A while back Nomura hinted that summons(among other "things") might take the form of their classical counterparts, as in mythical creatures(not robots).

A long.....long.....long while back indeed.....
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8DarkKnightCessi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:59:14 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...

True. I was hoping that they wouldn't just reuse XIII's summon design instead of making new ones, but if they made different designs for Type-0, then it's safe to assume they will for Versus too. Your more traditional Behemoth/enemies point was also good and should be an indicator for the summons as well.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#9MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:51 PM
largerock posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...

A long.....long.....long while back indeed.....

Even though it was a long time ago(and yes, a LONG long time ago), from what we have seen, consistently, the theme of old meets new, modern meets medieval still seems like a driving force. I mean, they made it a point that only the cities with the crystals(namely Noctis's, considering it's the last one with a crystal) are the more technologically advanced, at least to the point where their culture mirrors a modern-esque society. They said every place else is basically backwards culturally, more medieval. The bit I recall strongly is that the "barbarians"(which they are sometimes called) sacrificed their cultural advancement for technological advancement(meaning, instead of using technology to develop their society, they basically used it all to develop war machines, which is why they still look like Ye Olde classic knights).

And as I mentioned, I was one of the first to point out how they are reusing the classic Garchimacera/Imp design(Nomura's original design which he used for the FFV/FFVIII versions of the enemies), so it's not just the Behemoth. While being a fantasy based on reality, Nomura hinted that there's going to be a lot of classic FF staples(maybe even more than FFXIII).

I do find it interesting to see a more classic Wyvern-type enemy. It's been a while since we've had one of those in a non-online FF game, and they could've gone cuckoo crazy with redesigning it to look part-alien/techno-organic creature with an anal mouth and six arms. They didn't. It's pretty much a classic smaller winged dragon. Love it! Sometimes there's no substituting for the more classic representations of creatures. You could go crazy every once in a while to freshen things up, but sometimes the classic look just feels more right!