Naoki Yoshida is a wise man.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 1/28/2013 3:28:04 PM
Hey. Take this interview quote and apply it to Versus, all you stupid "Versus is going to PS4" supporters...

(taken from the recent fan made FF anniversary e-mag http://uffsite.net/avalon/ )

"What will you be doing to attract PS3 customers once the game
comes out? 2013 is a long time from its 2009 announcement, and
we’re getting closer to a PlayStation 4..."

Naoki Yoshida: "Graphic-wise, usually MMOs won’t put a strain on the graphical
capabilities of a system. It’s more about getting the base onto the system.
We’re not very worried about this next technology coming out being able
to display what we have now.
The biggest thing comes down to, that yes, maybe in the near future, a
new system will be released, but when it is, the market will be small. The
market on the PS3 is still going to be large at that time.
By releasing on the PS3, even if a new system is close, you’re going to get
that big market of people who already have the PS3. By releasing on the
PS4 instead, you’re going to lose those numbers, because only a small
amount of people have it.
Also, we’ve made people wait so long, so we want to offer this at a low
cost. By offering it to the PS3, we’re able to keep those costs down to
ensure that the maximum number of players that want to play it can play
the game. That’s what’s important.
It doesn’t mean we’re sitting around doing nothing. We have our plans,
and there will be a time when we can talk about those as well. It’s not like
we’re ignoring the stuff that’s coming in the future."
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2S1-Winged_AngelPosted 1/29/2013 9:45:12 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
It’s not like we’re ignoring the stuff that’s coming in the future."

Okay.
#3Todd3600Posted 1/29/2013 2:16:06 PM
I got to say that at this point I would rather it come out on ps4. Just think of how amazing E3 this year would be if the reveal ps4 and versus 13 as a launch title. I feel like after all this wait a superior graphics version of versus 13 is the only way to justify this wait.
#4CokaineCowboy77Posted 1/29/2013 3:14:02 PM
It’s not like
we’re ignoring the stuff that’s coming in the future."

Ha.

Sarcasm.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFIV>FFVIII
XIII= S***
#5Lelouch71Posted 1/29/2013 3:41:32 PM
Yup I agree with Yoshida. It just would not make any business sense to release a new game onto a new system that has yet to establish itself when the current system already has the user base to generate high sales. FFXV will most certainly be on the PS4 (and whatever else), but Versus won't be.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#6zUkUuPosted 1/29/2013 4:55:29 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Yup I agree with Yoshida. It just would not make any business sense to release a new game onto a new system that has yet to establish itself when the current system already has the user base to generate high sales. FFXV will most certainly be on the PS4 (and whatever else), but Versus won't be.

that depends entirely WHEN they release it. if the ps4 is already a year old when versus will be released, and it has no PS3 BC (highly likely), then you invest in the past, as the users with a ps3 are declining rapidly, where as PS4 only gets more and more spread. the time frame is crucial here.
#7zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:25:28 PM
S1-Winged_Angel posted...
It’s not like we’re ignoring the stuff that’s coming in the future."

Okay.

He means the new platforms and future unannounced games they might be planning for Luminous, Unreal Engine 4, etc.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#8zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:27:43 PM
Todd3600 posted...
I got to say that at this point I would rather it come out on ps4. Just think of how amazing E3 this year would be if the reveal ps4 and versus 13 as a launch title. I feel like after all this wait a superior graphics version of versus 13 is the only way to justify this wait.

Do you really wanna buy a new $300-600 system just for better graphics or whatever, when SE has promised Versus on PS3 since 2006? How does that justify the wait at all? They will lose sales if they make it a PS4/whatever exclusive when they AT LEAST can release it on both.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#9zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:29:49 PM
zUkUu posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

that depends entirely WHEN they release it. if the ps4 is already a year old when versus will be released, and it has no PS3 BC (highly likely), then you invest in the past, as the users with a ps3 are declining rapidly, where as PS4 only gets more and more spread. the time frame is crucial here.

Then they can release it on both PS3 and 4. Multiple developers have confirmed they will be making editions for both current gen and next gen platforms. Think Wii U ports of PS3 games, or console ports to PC, that kind of thing. Even after a year the user base for PS4 will still be small.
---
Look alive, you fools.