Another Rumor?

#1ExentrykPosted 1/28/2013 4:25:17 PM
Saw this post on Neogaf :

I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep.

http://i.imgur.com/6Tawv5A.png
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47013591&postcount=1895

Versus for the PS4? A definite name change? Is he just making this up?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#2Rose_of_MayPosted 1/28/2013 4:30:38 PM
"There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of."

Exclusive to what? The WiiU?
#3Panda_KunPosted 1/28/2013 4:37:10 PM
Next generation for PS4? My Hunch was right!
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#4theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 4:45:22 PM(edited)
This better be ****ing true.

And the naive side of me says that it is.

EDIT: Wait... Versus XIII for next generation consoles? :/ Dammit... I wanted it for my PS3. Dammit all to hell.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:51:21 PM(edited)
The thread that this was posted in was "Orbis (PS4) unveiled". So he means exclusive to the PS4 most likely.

Most of the things he said is stuff we've already been speculating, i.e., releasing in 2014, name change, PS4 etc. I am doubtful about the PS4 move though. Unless he means able to run on both PS3 and PS4.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#6PostDisasterPosted 1/28/2013 4:45:49 PM
This would be wondrous and truthfully well worth the 6 year wait. I think any news on FF15 would be nice, whether it's a clean slate or a renamed Versus
#7theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 4:52:32 PM
PostDisaster posted...
This would be wondrous and truthfully well worth the 6 year wait. I think any news on FF15 would be nice, whether it's a clean slate or a renamed Versus

If XV ends up being Agni's Philosophy, I will be greatly disappointed. Hated the art direction in the demo.

I also would be disappointed if Versus XIII ends up being XV. I wouldn't mind a name change; in fact, I'm expecting one. I just hope that it isn't changed to XV.

XV should be a brand new game that hasn't been revealed in any way whatsoever and it shouldn't be tied to any existing FF world or mythology. So nothing to do with FNC, or Ivalice, or the Crystal Chronicles world, or Spira/Gaia, or what have you. I want a new mainline FF set in an all-new world with an all-new mythology.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8Charizard18Posted 1/28/2013 5:15:14 PM
As always, the integrity of NeoGAF astounds...
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#9theofficefan99Posted 1/28/2013 5:19:01 PM
Charizard18 posted...
As always, the integrity of NeoGAF astounds...

But isn't NeoGAF stuff usually legit? I mean, I know it has been in the past...
---
#10onilink888Posted 1/28/2013 5:24:21 PM
Well, Kagari says that she doesn't believe that Versus XIII has been moved to next gen and she hasn't heard as much. And I trust her more than anyone else, so... yeah.

Her post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47014606&postcount=1947