Another Rumor?

#41theofficefan99Posted 2/1/2013 7:54:35 AM
zUkUu posted...
I doubt there has been a "ban on information" of versus. there are just no information to begin with. So I highly doubt that it's versus.

Even though I doubt that this rumor is true and I doubt that Famitsu will re-re-reveal Versus XIII, there is an info ban on Versus XIII. The game has been in full production since August/September 2011, and we haven't seen anything new since January 2011. There's a ton of stuff they can reveal, but they haven't because of Toriyama's terrible sequels and XIV: A Realm Reborn. Nomura even stated that he wanted to reveal info for this game but he couldn't because of "unrelated circumstances" or whatnot.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#42zUkUuPosted 2/1/2013 8:56:39 AM(edited)
we don't know if it's still is. you know, 13-2 and LR and 14 RR...
#43PillsberyDoeManPosted 2/1/2013 9:04:46 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
zUkUu posted...
I doubt there has been a "ban on information" of versus. there are just no information to begin with. So I highly doubt that it's versus.

Even though I doubt that this rumor is true and I doubt that Famitsu will re-re-reveal Versus XIII, there is an info ban on Versus XIII. The game has been in full production since August/September 2011, and we haven't seen anything new since January 2011. There's a ton of stuff they can reveal, but they haven't because of Toriyama's terrible sequels and XIV: A Realm Reborn. Nomura even stated that he wanted to reveal info for this game but he couldn't because of "unrelated circumstances" or whatnot.

true and true. v13 does fit the criteria, but what still stands in the foreground is that 14 and LR are being placed in the spotlight and won't let anything else, especially v13, steal its' limelight. we've had years of experience dealing with this already. the tease isn't v13. famitsu is just trollin as usual and everybody is blowing it out of proportion.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#44RagingNerifesPosted 2/1/2013 5:33:05 PM
I think that the few hints we have, as in:

1. Exclusive (it would be crazy if it was exclusive to a next generation console)
2. Renamed
3. FFXIII-3 being called Lightning Returns (maybe to not create competition or brand confusion)

All point to something big being released this year. Much like FFXII released very close to the PS3 but on PS2, FFXV(ersus) will release on PS3 this fall.
#45hotgamerPosted 2/1/2013 10:22:47 PM(edited)
To those who thinks this will be released on PS4, don,t bother, it won't.

I seem to recall FF12 being released at the very end of the ps2 era, right before the PS3 released.

I wouldn't be surprised if history is repeating itself here.

Also, Sony announcing the PS4 this year doesn't mean it will come out this year. Nintendo announced the WiiU at E3 2011, then they showed it even more at E3 2012 and released it in November 2012. It took more than a year since the first unveiling to release it.

Now, either Sony and Microsoft do it differently, show it and then release it the same year or they do what Nintendo did.

Really, Sony and Microsoft are in no rush here. Their console still sell a lot. The WiiU will not be able to compete with the PS4 and new xbox, hell, the thing is inferior to the ps3 and 360.

Now unless Nintendo release the WiiU's successor this year or next year, Sony and Microsoft can take their sweet time, because the console they have out right now for 6-7 years is more powerful than what Nintendo released in 2012.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#46Asd202Posted 2/2/2013 4:33:08 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
zUkUu posted...

Even though I doubt that this rumor is true and I doubt that Famitsu will re-re-reveal Versus XIII, there is an info ban on Versus XIII. The game has been in full production since August/September 2011,

Actually I would say that everything that happened says otherwise. They probably wanted to do that but then SE deiced to make FF XIV RR which took all the company's resources and in August 2012 Toriyama team was released from RR to work on LR. Most of the "versus" team is probably still on FF XIV,
#47zUkUuPosted 2/2/2013 5:34:43 PM
Asd202 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
zUkUu posted...

Even though I doubt that this rumor is true and I doubt that Famitsu will re-re-reveal Versus XIII, there is an info ban on Versus XIII. The game has been in full production since August/September 2011,

Actually I would say that everything that happened says otherwise. They probably wanted to do that but then SE deiced to make FF XIV RR which took all the company's resources and in August 2012 Toriyama team was released from RR to work on LR. Most of the "versus" team is probably still on FF XIV,

my thoughts exactly.
#48Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:31:08 AM
Guess this rumour ended up on a few sites, and SE even responded to it, albeit, in an expected way. XD

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/05/final-fantasy-versus-13-going-next-gen-in-2014-square-dropping-name-report/

Update: Square has responded to this piece with the following quote, “Square Enix does not comment on rumour and speculation.” Make of that as you will.

---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#49nfobiaPosted 2/5/2013 8:04:28 AM
Actually i think it does make sense to release Versus for next gen Playstation. As we know, there hasn't been any concrete news about Versus like last two years. This gen is coming close to its end, why SE is not marketing this game even its not ready? No trailers, no screens, nothing. It doesn't make any sense. PS4 hasn't been revealed yet so it makes perfect sense if they changed development to that, thus cant show any footage. Game is also using partly Luminous engine which is for next gen too.

Name change makes sense too. FF Versus XIII was revealed years ago and to speak the truth, name isn't very good either from marketing point of view anymore, even if its got strong fan following.

About XV and XVI i want to believe its true. XV is most likely under development at the moment, i still believe Mr. Ito is involved somehow. XVI could be outsourced, who knows.

Still, i'm not believing in any rumors anymore. Just saying its not totally absurd.
#50zUkUuPosted 2/5/2013 8:25:44 AM
^because that would take away steam from LR and 14:RR.