Sony's big reveal on Feb. 20th

#21PostDisasterPosted 2/1/2013 12:45:32 PM
I don't know about you guys but I SO called that the PS4 would be announced with a confirmed release date before Versus would WAAAYYYYY back in 2007. LOL not. What is this crap.
#22Dark_Mage_XelinPosted 2/1/2013 1:31:26 PM
I wonder what PS4 game SE will announce (and possibly release) before we even see Versus again.
---
The Official Dragoon Chick of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#23gamewarrior88Posted 2/1/2013 2:27:18 PM
Dark_Mage_Xelin posted...
I wonder what PS4 game SE will announce (and possibly release) before we even see Versus again.

Hope's Gran Adventure: Final Fantasy XIII
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#24Lelouch71Posted 2/1/2013 2:54:33 PM
MoogleHunter posted...
Yet people bought a PS3 just for Versus. Ironic. I hate SE.

That's no one fault but their own. Either way Versus will most likely stay on the PS3 anyway. I bought a PS3 to get games. Although Sony has lost most of my faith with the PS3, PSP (in the west), and the Vita.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#25MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/1/2013 5:31:28 PM
I still doubt they'd move Versus to PS4. I mean, sinking that much money into a PS3 build, then starting from scratch and doing it all over on PS4... that would just be too damn foolish. I mean, even the early builds of FFIV(NES), FFVII(SNES), FFXIII(PS2) weren't THAT deep into development(some were merely in early concept stages, like FFVII). Versus, on the other hand, has been in development for a while(FOR PS3). Any smart business person would know it would be highly idiotic to scrap all that effort(and money) to go at it again.
#26Asd202Posted 2/1/2013 5:58:13 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
I still doubt they'd move Versus to PS4. I mean, sinking that much money into a PS3 build, then starting from scratch and doing it all over on PS4... that would just be too damn foolish. I mean, even the early builds of FFIV(NES), FFVII(SNES), FFXIII(PS2) weren't THAT deep into development(some were merely in early concept stages, like FFVII). Versus, on the other hand, has been in development for a while(FOR PS3). Any smart business person would know it would be highly idiotic to scrap all that effort(and money) to go at it again.

Don't underestimate SE :).
#27zUkUuPosted 2/1/2013 6:09:57 PM
we don't know how far the "Ps3 build" was done. also, they just have to properly port the engine and are pretty much set. Since PS4 allegedly uses a x86 structure, it's easier to develop for it.
#28Lelouch71Posted 2/1/2013 8:40:46 PM
Asd202 posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...

Don't underestimate SE :).

SE maybe a lot of things but they aren't brain dead. The only reason the original FFXIII even went to the 360 was because they want the most money out of having it on two systems. The PS4 won't have that many people. Thus they won't make a lot of money. At best they could create a superior PS4 version while releasing a PS3 version for us who will be holding out on the PS4 for awhile. That what they did for DQX with a Wii and Wii U version.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#29PostDisasterPosted 2/1/2013 9:26:58 PM
gamewarrior88 posted...
Dark_Mage_Xelin posted...

Hope's Gran Adventure: Final Fantasy XIII

after "The Second Coming: Lightning- Her g*ddessness Fulfilled"
#30theofficefan99Posted 2/1/2013 10:24:51 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
MoogleHunter posted...
Yet people bought a PS3 just for Versus. Ironic. I hate SE.

That's no one fault but their own. Either way Versus will most likely stay on the PS3 anyway. I bought a PS3 to get games. Although Sony has lost most of my faith with the PS3, PSP (in the west), and the Vita.

People don't literally buy it just for Versus XIII. Personally, for me, it was one of my main motivators to get a PS3, and every system needs, well, system sellers. And Versus XIII was exactly that for some people. I wouldn't have too much of a problem if it actually made the jump to the PS4, though.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin