Do you believe Versus XIII will stay PS3 exclusive or release on PS4?

#11TruthPosted 2/5/2013 1:51:52 AM
Big question, this one.

-- Will SQEX move Versus XIII to PS4 as a launch tittle?
-- Will SQEX release Versus XIII exclusively on PS3 even after PS4 is out?
-- Will SQEX release Versus XIII on all current gen consoles (PS3/360/WiiU) even after PS4/720 are out?

Please consider these six key points before posting your answer:

1) Yoichi Wada confirmed the game is still in development for PS3 and Shinji Hashimoto (the producer) confirmed info about the game will start being disclosed to the public sometime in 2013.

2) We know FFX HD will be released on PS3 in 2014 at the earliest. There will obviously be a FFX-2 HD for PS3 to follow in 2015 at the earliest.

3) We know that future expansions for FFXIV ARR will still be released on PS3, just like has been done with FFXI. This means we'll be getting FFXIV ARR expansions on PS3 as far into the future as 2020.

4) We also know that Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that KH3 will be made for PS3 after he finishes FF Versus XIII. He wants to use the experience and know-how gained with making FF Versus XIII to develop KH3. Seeing as Versus XIII won't release on PS3 till 2014 at the earliest, that means KH3 will not be released on PS3 till 2016 at the earliest. Think about that for a moment: A mainline KH game will not release on PS3 till 2016 at the earliest. That's 2 years after next gen has started!

5) Tetsuya Nomura is bringing KH HD 1.5 Remix to the PS3 in 2013 and has confirmed that there will be a KH HD 2.5 Remix to follow. KH HD 2.5 Remix will likely release in 2014 at the earliest.

6) Hiroyuki Ito has been working on an unannounced, large-scale project for years now. We don't know when this project started, but we do know that Hiroyuki Ito's last hands-on role with a game was in 2007. It's likely this unannounced project started in 2008. If the project started that far back, it's likely a current gen game. If this game ends up being announced as FFXV for release in 2015 or 2016 on PS3/360/WiiU, then FF Versus XIII will also still be for current gen. Why would they leave FFXV on current gen and yet move FF Versus to PS4? It makes no sense.

OK, with these six points taken it, please give your reasons of why you believe FF Versus XIII will be moved to PS4, or stay PS3 exclusive, or become current gen multiplatform (PS3/360/WiiU).
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2ExentrykPosted 2/5/2013 2:53:58 AM
It'll be on the PS3. Whether it is on the PS4 will depend on if the PS4 has backwards compatibility.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#3Graham_ChapmanPosted 2/5/2013 6:29:37 AM
Exentryk posted...
It'll be on the PS3. Whether it is on the PS4 will depend on if the PS4 has backwards compatibility.

---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#4KEN181Posted 2/5/2013 6:44:01 AM
1Truth posted...
current gen consoles (PS3/360/WiiU)

You cleary have to look up the word generation in a dictionary..
But yeah I think this game will never be released.. I'm not getting my hopes up anytime soon, unless there is an official release statement
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#5jmichaelbpPosted 2/5/2013 8:07:44 AM
It'll be released on the collab console made by Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Sega.

The Ultra Hyper Super PlaystationBox U720 Driimcast Jupiter.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#6ZanarkandZPosted 2/5/2013 8:45:55 AM
I'm pretty sure it will stay a PS3 exclusive.

Unlike popular belief, I do think the game must be nearly done but it's in hold because of FFXIV and LR.

They won't start making agni's philosophy for PS4 while they still have PS3 games to release.....right ?
#71Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:13:05 PM
ZanarkandZ posted...
I'm pretty sure it will stay a PS3 exclusive.

Unlike popular belief, I do think the game must be nearly done but it's in hold because of FFXIV and LR.

I don't think it will stay PS3 exclusive. I think it will also come to 360 and WiiU. However, I do agree that it's on hold because of LR and FFXIV ARR.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#8Lelouch71Posted 2/5/2013 6:31:03 PM
Sigh

The Wii U is an 8th generation console. It's not apart of the 7th generation regardless what haters or fanboys may say. The PS4 and next Xbox will also be 8th generation console. Like above said you need to learn what a generation is.

That aside it will be a PS3 exclusive at best. A PS3/PS4 multiplat at worst.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#9ExtremeLightPosted 2/5/2013 6:41:25 PM
1Truth posted...
Big question, this one.

-- Will SQEX move Versus XIII to PS4 as a launch tittle?
-- Will SQEX release Versus XIII exclusively on PS3 even after PS4 is out?
-- Will SQEX release Versus XIII on all current gen consoles (PS3/360/WiiU) even after PS4/720 are out?

Please consider these six key points before posting your answer:

1) Yoichi Wada confirmed the game is still in development for PS3 and Shinji Hashimoto (the producer) confirmed info about the game will start being disclosed to the public sometime in 2013.

2) We know FFX HD will be released on PS3 in 2014 at the earliest. There will obviously be a FFX-2 HD for PS3 to follow in 2015 at the earliest.

3) We know that future expansions for FFXIV ARR will still be released on PS3, just like has been done with FFXI. This means we'll be getting FFXIV ARR expansions on PS3 as far into the future as 2020.

4) We also know that Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that KH3 will be made for PS3 after he finishes FF Versus XIII. He wants to use the experience and know-how gained with making FF Versus XIII to develop KH3. Seeing as Versus XIII won't release on PS3 till 2014 at the earliest, that means KH3 will not be released on PS3 till 2016 at the earliest. Think about that for a moment: A mainline KH game will not release on PS3 till 2016 at the earliest. That's 2 years after next gen has started!

5) Tetsuya Nomura is bringing KH HD 1.5 Remix to the PS3 in 2013 and has confirmed that there will be a KH HD 2.5 Remix to follow. KH HD 2.5 Remix will likely release in 2014 at the earliest.

6) Hiroyuki Ito has been working on an unannounced, large-scale project for years now. We don't know when this project started, but we do know that Hiroyuki Ito's last hands-on role with a game was in 2007. It's likely this unannounced project started in 2008. If the project started that far back, it's likely a current gen game. If this game ends up being announced as FFXV for release in 2015 or 2016 on PS3/360/WiiU, then FF Versus XIII will also still be for current gen. Why would they leave FFXV on current gen and yet move FF Versus to PS4? It makes no sense.

OK, with these six points taken it, please give your reasons of why you believe FF Versus XIII will be moved to PS4, or stay PS3 exclusive, or become current gen multiplatform (PS3/360/WiiU).

Q1) Launch title? No. Because then it have to released this year... unless they actually want to release 4+ FF titles in a year.
Q2) Not if it is on PS4.
Q3) No multiplats. Whether it is PS3 or PS4, Versus will remain an exclusive.

1.) People can lie. He have to lie to avoid spilling "PS4". TGS 2013 probably.
2.) Not so sure about a X-2 HD... They might work on VII remake for PS4.
3.) Talking about a title the minority of FF fans cared about. Should be F2P.
4.) He said that a long time ago. He probably wasn't expecting Versus to take this long. KH3 will come after FFXV (if it is not Versus) on the PS4.
5.) Agree.
6.) If SE announced a FF game after the next-gen like at E3 2006 then probably will be for PS4 NOT PS3.

It will released in 2014 on the PS4. They will have worked on it for 3 years for the PS4 (After 5 years of planning) once it arrive at TGS 2013.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#10GuitaristMattPosted 2/5/2013 10:13:20 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
a quote of the tc

Stop quoting the tc guys! That option needs to be removed. I'm going to go talk to sballen right now.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board