FF Versus 13 release for PS3 and PS4

#1Switchfoot2008Posted 2/5/2013 2:22:15 PM
Square-Enix would be absolutely stupid to move FF Versus 13 to PS4 after spending so much time developing it for PS3.

I think they are going to release it for both systems like Nintendo did with The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. That game was released on the Gamecube and then on the Wii with added functionality of motion control to help give the Wii a good launch title.

I definitely think this is Square-Enix's best move. They could add whatever new PS4 functionality to the game for those that want it, while also providing the game to PS3 owners who have waited YEARS for it to see the light of day. Not to mention from a sales point perspective that the PS3 has a HUGE user base right now.

That is all.
#2ThamauturgePosted 2/5/2013 2:33:47 PM
Square-Enix would be absolutely stupid to move FF Versus 13 to PS4

PS4 release confirmed
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#3Lelouch71Posted 2/5/2013 5:33:27 PM
People can question their methods all they want. However, SE aren't exactly stupid when it comes to making money. They were smart enough to do a Wii and Wii U version of DQX. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#4Fairy_WalnutPosted 2/5/2013 5:43:11 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
People can question their methods all they want. However, SE aren't exactly stupid when it comes to making money. They were smart enough to do a Wii and Wii U version of DQX. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

If they did a day one digital then people who bought a PS4 can still buy it.
#5kenff6Posted 2/5/2013 5:45:31 PM
If it's releasing on anything, I bet it'll be for Wii U. But personally, I don't think this game even exists.
#6ExtremeLightPosted 2/5/2013 5:45:55 PM
Switchfoot2008 posted...
Square-Enix would be absolutely stupid to move FF Versus 13 to PS4 after spending so much time developing it for PS3.

I think they are going to release it for both systems like Nintendo did with The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. That game was released on the Gamecube and then on the Wii with added functionality of motion control to help give the Wii a good launch title.

I definitely think this is Square-Enix's best move. They could add whatever new PS4 functionality to the game for those that want it, while also providing the game to PS3 owners who have waited YEARS for it to see the light of day. Not to mention from a sales point perspective that the PS3 has a HUGE user base right now.

That is all.

1.) We are assuming they been working on it for a long time on PS3. They don't use the PS3 to do all the graphics and stuffs, they use their brains, artist and computers.

2.) Nope. Because then the PS4 version would be toned down and would be a waste of money for both because PS4 have different stuffs then PS3.

3.) Sales? You do realize some people had like defluct systems, right? So people buy another one. Also some people want the newer one because of the GB spaces so we have the same people owning multiple PS3. The fanbase for Xbox is still larger, but this could change next gen. I'm guess like 20 millions sales are of the same person.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#7zerodivide85Posted 2/5/2013 6:41:36 PM
Square Enix has specifically stated that their goal is to make the luminous engine scalable to many platforms, handheld included. We already know that at some point in the development of Versus it was using lighting technology from the luminous engine. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they decided, some time in 2012, to port the game to luminous engine and have a multiple platform release for it. If they did this, the next gen versions could take up the power of the next gen systems while current gen would be graphically scaled down. I'd be 100% alright with that.
#8Switchfoot2008(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:36:04 PM
ExtremeLight please tell me you are joking.

Reply to your 1) They have specifically been designing FF Versus 13 for the PS3. That's why it is an exclusive because they are optimizing the PS3 to their fullest capability.

Reply to your 2) If the PS4 has new capabilities like a touchscreen display on the controller and better online functionality they could make the PS4 version of Versus appeal to people that want those features. Nintendo did it with Twilight Princess and it sold well on both Gamecube and Wii.

It's a safe bet that the PS4 is going to be backward compatible for PS3 games too. This means PS3 technology will be in the PS4 as well, which would allow them safe porting of the game along with new added features.

Reply to your 3) The PS3 already SURPASSED XBox 360 in sales and it came out a year AFTER the Xbox 360. You need to get your facts straight. Not to mention how many people who had to buy new Xbox systems due to RROD. Xbox has multiple different versions of its system too that people have bought.