how long must we wait?

#1VunksPosted 2/9/2013 2:50:47 PM
With destination playstation taking place on Feb 25-28 we may finally get some answers. The rumors that this has been moves to the ps4 is an obvious fishing expedition, the last one was the game had been cancelled was addressed a few days later this time was not the case. While the idea of this being moved to the ps4 is ridiculous as development for the game is so far and the user base of the ps3 means we wont see it on ps4.

My guess is we will see this at the event or they will use this event to promote 14 and give a release date for when 14 goes live (this wont be that long of a delay), then they will start promoting vs 13.
#2Asd202Posted 2/9/2013 4:22:05 PM(edited)
Vunks posted...
With destination playstation taking place on Feb 25-28 we may finally get some answers. The rumors that this has been moves to the ps4 is an obvious fishing expedition, the last one was the game had been cancelled was addressed a few days later this time was not the case. While the idea of this being moved to the ps4 is ridiculous as development for the game is so far and the user base of the ps3 means we wont see it on ps4.

My guess is we will see this at the event or they will use this event to promote 14 and give a release date for when 14 goes live (this wont be that long of a delay), then they will start promoting vs 13.

Nope they will start promoting Versus after LR is out unless the game got canned :).
#3NoctionusPosted 2/9/2013 4:26:30 PM
Asd202 posted...
Nope maybe they will start promoting Versus after LR is out unless the game got canned :).

---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#4GuitaristMattPosted 2/9/2013 4:59:20 PM
The original trailer for Lightning Returns was Q1 2013, so everything is being delayed.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#5westontickleePosted 2/9/2013 6:01:35 PM
Forever. I stole all ghe copies of the game
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#6Vunks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:25:41 PM
Well obviously the game hasn't been canned, so if we are looking at a summer release for LR, wouldn't square-enix need a release for the holidays?

I could see an early promotion starting to build up if they are releasing LR in the summer(this is a guess as was said before it was pushed back from q1). Looking at the games being released this quarter I can see why they pushed it back.
#7Fairy_WalnutPosted 2/9/2013 7:17:53 PM
FF 14 is coming out over the summer. I thought LR was coming out in the fall. FF 14 was suppose to come out this past January.
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 2/9/2013 7:29:02 PM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
FF 14 is coming out over the summer. I thought LR was coming out in the fall. FF 14 was suppose to come out this past January.

i never heard anything about that. earliest release date i'd seen was spring 2013, then came the inevitable delay. same thing will happen with LR. it'll most likely come out in november.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#9Vunks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:39:17 PM
Final Fantasy 14 I thought was only releasing q2 for the PC?
#10DoctorCrabMDPosted 2/9/2013 8:40:52 PM
Vunks posted...
Well obviously the game hasn't been canned,

Yeah obviously. We haven't gotten any info for 2 years but obviously the game isn't canned.