GameTrailers: "it's obvious that Versus has shifted to a next-gen platform"

#11ManaYukaPosted 2/10/2013 10:11:39 AM
SE hasnt even started the marketing campaign for Versus yet. Its usually a good 8 months plus where SE markets a game before release, so it can still come out on the PS3 before the PS3 is released if its coming in Novemeber like PS likes to release their systems.

But if they dont start the campaign soon, Id say its coming out for the next gen definitely.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#12zUkUuPosted 2/10/2013 10:44:16 AM
It won't have the 13-stigma. I wouldn't mind it being FF15. From what we have seen, it has good potential, and I'm all in for a GOOD main series part after 10 years for once.
#13PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:21:22 AM
what if v13 completely ditched the "final fantasy" name? =/
maybe it can become its' own series like, kh or so?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#14Asd202Posted 2/10/2013 4:02:08 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
we didn't learn **** last time anyways so what does it matter?

i'm still pathetically waiting on them to announce a concrete date for more info or some screenshots. it's like i expect them to reveal either or.

waiting for tgs is just too ****ing far. i'm having a hard time really believe it. we were promised info at the beginning of last year, then nomura was quoted by hajime in september saying he'll soon show the future of final fantasy, then we we're told that info would be coming sometime in 2013, but when and where exactly because 14 and LR have the spotlight. i'm sick and tired of waiting. i don't care how far off the game is right now, i just want to see what's up with it.

Well you shouldn't believe Nomura he is notorious for being wrong besides it shows he has absolutely no power within the company as opposed to Toryiama which has the backing of Kitase and can do what he wants.
#15abnergoinbigPosted 2/11/2013 6:20:53 AM
Don't be surprised if it's still exclusive and it is called FFXV
#16TixusPosted 2/11/2013 9:47:18 AM
Pro name change; Despite the awkward sound of the title, I didn't have too much of a problem with it being called "Versus XIII." But I'd rather they'd cut all ties to XIII, and any associations my brain has with it in general.

Anti FFXV: Versus just doesn't give off a "main-entry" vibe to me, but then with as much as they're trying to change things up and evolve the formula, who knows anymore? I speculate that they've changed a LOT about Versus since the last time we've seen it, so it might seem more fitting whenever they decide to unveil it again.

Anti PS4: Upgrading to new tech means a ton of more work and redoing a lot of things that were previously finished...then again, maybe that's what they've been doing during this period of silence. Nobody wants to hear "We're moving it to the next generation and so we have to start over on a lot of things, but we'll have something to show in the distant future!" Maybe they just wanted to wait until they had the new stuff to show.

ANTI PS4: I'm a poor man with a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering and no fancy job to show for it. When I'm lucky enough to have the luxury of extra spending money, I prefer to invest it into my PC. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a new console if most of the games that interest me end up on the PC anyway (Which has surprisingly been the case this gen).
---
So, the hunter has become the huntress.
#17Seiten_TaisenPosted 2/11/2013 12:36:44 PM
Vs 13 plays like KH, and not a typical normal FF game. In fact, I vividly recall reading Nomura stating that he could try new stuff out simply because it wasn't a main title game.
#18theofficefan99Posted 2/11/2013 12:45:56 PM
Seiten_Taisen posted...
Vs 13 plays like KH, and not a typical normal FF game. In fact, I vividly recall reading Nomura stating that he could try new stuff out simply because it wasn't a main title game.

Wada said something last year about this game that made it sound like he was changing it to make it more like a "Final Fantasy" title. I dunno.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#19Eddie___DeanPosted 2/11/2013 2:57:01 PM
If it is on PS4 I think we will definitely hear it mentioned during the PS4 announcement later this month.

I also think a name change is likely.
#20jenraisPosted 2/11/2013 4:46:08 PM
KonkeyDonk435 posted...
accept it already. it's ps4.i told you in my great topic , page 2.

You know how many people would be pissed off if that occured.

I bought a ps3 for versus. Call me stupid if it went to PS4 i'd sue square for the cost of my PS3