Goodbye Versus! :'|

#1161degreesPosted 2/10/2013 10:24:03 AM
kenshee1111 posted...
ff XIV 1.0 assets that were replaced with ARR content?

Wouldn't that make more sense?

this.
#12BissomoneybagsPosted 2/10/2013 10:33:06 AM
I'm hoping this is false....I was really anticipating this game for years.
#13iambashoPosted 2/10/2013 10:44:15 AM
As others said, Versus would be far more than that. It's probably old FFXIV data, or maybe something they'd been working on for LR broke big time and they had to backpedal a ton. With as large of a company as SE is nowadays there are probably 50 games that could have contributed to this loss, too. I don't really see anything that might hint to it being Versus here other than you saying it, Ex.
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#14Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:18:04 PM
For those taking this seriously, let me tell you that this is a joke post! Your Versus is safe.

Or is it? :P
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#15Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:21:28 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Where did you get those figures? It was recorded that they lost billions of yen, not millions.

See that pdf link in the opening post? Yeah, from there.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#16DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/10/2013 4:39:35 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
ZanarkandZ posted...
Cmon they wouldn't be so stupid as to cancel their most wanted project....would they ? ;__;

Yes. Yes they would be stupid enough to do that.

This 100 times over, lately SE has been being so stupid it's unreal.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#17Lelouch71Posted 2/10/2013 5:40:06 PM
Figure it would be a joke post. But this is how rumors get created and unfortunately most people are easily manipulated by the internet.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#18zombie_basher13Posted 2/10/2013 7:23:36 PM
Even if it were true, that could be literally anything. Square Enix is no meager little building secluded somewhere, it's a worldwide corporation with thousands of employees and probably even more tightly wrapped secrets. For example, that game Catacombs by Cavia was recently cancelled. It could even be something Square Enix itself did not make but would publish for. Like I said, even though this is a joke, if it were true, don't jump to conclusions.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#19Charizard18Posted 2/10/2013 7:36:08 PM
61degrees posted...
kenshee1111 posted...
ff XIV 1.0 assets that were replaced with ARR content?

Wouldn't that make more sense?

this.

This
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#20grand_kaizerPosted 2/10/2013 10:43:44 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Figure it would be a joke post. But this is how rumors get created and unfortunately most people are easily manipulated by the internet.

Yes, but this is a rumour I support. Especially when there are a lot of people who will claim to know what all that means without knowing even a little Japanese. When you can supply an ambiguous document and cite financial losses from disposed content, it's a much stronger rumour than just "It was cancelled", and if Square wants to give no information then as far as I'm concerned we've just been given a green light to spread as much misinformation and speculation as we want, because if they won't fill the blanks, we might as well.

So c'mon guys, spread this to the far corners of the internet. Let's see what we get.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"