The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Idea: Versus has been postponed, work shifted to KH3.

#1Le_DerpstickPosted 2/11/2013 10:28:16 AM
They decided what they wanted wasn't feasible on current technology, so in the last two years they postponed the project for KH3.

KH3 will be announced after the release of the 2nd HD remix [likely to be titled 2.5], for release in late 2014/early to spring 2015.

Versus will be reannounced sometime after KH3 is released/work is finished on it, for release on the next generation playstation, and it will be released within two years of that reannouncement.

Mah theory. I'd be alright with it if it meant getting an expansive open world and an airship that could fly around it [not merely a world map], that actually runs well.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#2Charizard18Posted 2/11/2013 10:33:33 AM
Perhaps.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#3Holy_Cloud105Posted 2/11/2013 10:35:11 AM
Considering I want KH3 more than Versus, I like this.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens, lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#4Rojo_Posted 2/11/2013 10:59:01 AM
Honestly im getting tired of KH it has been too much of a hassle to keep up with this series. i just rather have versus since it will be a self contained story, it also helps that i like this realistic fantasy approach they are going with this.
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#5Le_Derpstick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:41:44 AM
Rojo_ posted...
Honestly im getting tired of KH it has been too much of a hassle to keep up with this series.

This is by far the worst time to use that reasoning, though. They've begun putting everything on the PS3, and I'm sure they won't stop until everything is on the PS3 [the the Remix collections].
So while up to now that was a very reasonable complaint, it's being rectified.

i just rather have versus since it will be a self contained story, it also helps that i like this realistic fantasy approach they are going with this.

I wouldn't say rather, but I really am looking forward to Versus. That "realistic fantasy" approach you mention has me extremely excited. As long as it does eventually come out, I'll definitely be purchasing this day 1, because it looks very good. And the self contained aspect is definitely a plus.
---
#6zUkUuPosted 2/11/2013 11:41:53 AM
If you only play KH 1 and 2 it isn't that much tbh.

I dont even think any of the spin offs are cannon lol
#7SoulMikeYPosted 2/11/2013 11:45:37 AM
Not a bad idea. But personally, I think versus has been done for a while. It's just waiting on the extra BS lightning games to come out.

I know people think they know how long everything takes, but trust me, if you have a couple geniuses and a hard working team, you could pump a brand new versus sized game every 2 years.
#8Asd202Posted 2/11/2013 11:52:27 AM
Wouldn't surprise me :).
#9Le_Derpstick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:53:33 AM
zUkUu posted...

Ignorant.
Trolling.
Etc.
They're all canon, and none are spin offs.
It's understandable to complain about spreading the story out as such, but to call them non-canon or to call them spinoffs is just silly.

SoulMikeY posted...
Not a bad idea. But personally, I think versus has been done for a while. It's just waiting on the extra BS lightning games to come out.

I know people think they know how long everything takes, but trust me, if you have a couple geniuses and a hard working team, you could pump a brand new versus sized game every 2 years.

Not that I can factually say you're wrong, but I haven't seen any game even close to what Versus has claimed to be, nor does it sound reasonable to "pump out" a game of that size in 2 years.

And it clearly hasn't been finished for awhile, let alone at all. They know how divisive the Lightning saga has been, and they wouldn't let it divide the fanbase for longer just to release Versus after half the fanbase has jumped ship and stopped believing the exisence of Versus.
---
#10Riku994Posted 2/11/2013 11:53:51 AM
zUkUu posted...

None of the handheld games are "spin-offs" and they're all canon.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable." - Noctis Lucis Caelum
PSN: Riku994