Idea: Versus has been postponed, work shifted to KH3.

#11theofficefan99Posted 2/11/2013 1:39:46 PM
No. They're not going to make the game have 9-10 years of development.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#12zombie_basher13Posted 2/11/2013 2:29:40 PM
zUkUu posted...
If you only play KH 1 and 2 it isn't that much tbh.

I dont even think any of the spin offs are cannon lol

You're right, they're definitely not cannons. That would be silly.

They are canon for sure though.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#13SeihyoukenPosted 2/11/2013 7:34:03 PM
Wouldn't make sense. At this point there is no chance of Kingdom Hearts III releasing on PS3 anyway. Even if Square Enix announces Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX a month after 1.5 releases, by the time 2.5 is out PlayStation 4 will only be at most 2 months from being released and all console development at Square Enix will have already shifted to it which would make the postponement of Versus pointless.
#14zombie_basher13Posted 2/11/2013 7:59:33 PM
Squenix needs to get Versus out on PS3 as their last FF hurrah for this gen. That way, all told, with XIII trilogy and Versus and XIV then FFs on PS3 won't seem so lacking in the end. Let them start FF on the PS4 with XV fully utilizing Luminous studio.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#15Rojo_Posted 2/12/2013 12:08:00 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Squenix needs to get Versus out on PS3 as their last FF hurrah for this gen. That way, all told, with XIII trilogy and Versus and XIV then FFs on PS3 won't seem so lacking in the end. Let them start FF on the PS4 with XV fully utilizing Luminous studio.

We still need type-0 i havent forgoten about that SE
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#16PostDisasterPosted 2/12/2013 12:42:18 AM
zUkUu posted...
If you only play KH 1 and 2 it isn't that much tbh.

I dont even think any of the spin offs are cannon lol

hahahaha yeah sure pal. TBH you are not alone. I can't wait for those poor souls who jump into KH3 without playing Days, BBS, Coded and 3D. That'll be funny.

It was...manageable-ish to understand KH2 without CoM but I can't imagine trying to understand 3 without the past FOUR entires.
#17DoctorCrabMDPosted 2/12/2013 12:53:43 AM
I played BBS, Days, 3D, and Recoded and I still have no clue what's going on in the story. The games are fun and everything, but damn is the story ever convoluted.
#18Wise_PotatoPosted 2/12/2013 4:14:47 AM
DoctorCrabMD posted...
I played BBS, Days, 3D, and Recoded and I still have no clue what's going on in the story. The games are fun and everything, but damn is the story ever convoluted.

Overstatement.

Days, Recoded, and BBS are really easy to follow, the only difficult part is figuring out how the stories tie up and the complete timeline of the events, Idk about you but i liked figuring out the timeline of the events by myself, i like a story that keeps me thinking.

However, i do agree about 3D, the explanation in Sora's ending became rubbish halfway through, it felt rushed.

Back on topic, i think i support TC's theory, the only reason they're releasing KH HD remix is to bring new comers and help fans keep up with the story before KH3, wouldn't make sense if they release KH HD remix 1.5 and 2.5 only to make the fans wait for Versus to be done so they can start KH3.

I'm thinking they decided to call Versus FFXV and Nomura and co. switched their focus on KH, so they can later make Versus/FFXV for next gen, perhaps based on the engine of KH3, they intended to do the opposite but they were too late and next gen is almost here.

I don't care which game comes first, i just want to play both games really bad.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#19Sticky_DerpPosted 2/12/2013 7:05:04 AM
Seihyouken posted...
Wouldn't make sense. At this point there is no chance of Kingdom Hearts III releasing on PS3 anyway. Even if Square Enix announces Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX a month after 1.5 releases, by the time 2.5 is out PlayStation 4 will only be at most 2 months from being released and all console development at Square Enix will have already shifted to it which would make the postponement of Versus pointless.

Are you telling me you don't think they're putting all the KH games on the same system for a reason?
Are you telling me you think that everybody drops old systems the second a new one comes out?

Are you trolling or are you seriously that ignorantly confident in your own ideas?
#20Sticky_DerpPosted 2/12/2013 7:08:00 AM
DoctorCrabMD posted...
damn is the story ever convoluted.

Whenever anyone says this they're admitting either that they're stupid or that they don't care enough to follow the story.
It's really a laughably simple story as long as you pay attention, and if you want to go the extra mile, you can learn some extra details only revealed outside of the games in interviews and such. But all relevant material is in the games themselves, there's no excuse for calling it "convoluted" unless you weren't bothering to pay attention.