Idea: Versus has been postponed, work shifted to KH3.

#21SoulMikeYPosted 2/12/2013 6:44:19 AM
Le_Derpstick posted...
zUkUu posted...
If you only play KH 1 and 2 it isn't that much tbh.

I dont even think any of the spin offs are cannon lol

Ignorant.
Trolling.
Etc.
They're all canon, and none are spin offs.
It's understandable to complain about spreading the story out as such, but to call them non-canon or to call them spinoffs is just silly.

SoulMikeY posted...
Not a bad idea. But personally, I think versus has been done for a while. It's just waiting on the extra BS lightning games to come out.

I know people think they know how long everything takes, but trust me, if you have a couple geniuses and a hard working team, you could pump a brand new versus sized game every 2 years.

Not that I can factually say you're wrong, but I haven't seen any game even close to what Versus has claimed to be, nor does it sound reasonable to "pump out" a game of that size in 2 years.

And it clearly hasn't been finished for awhile, let alone at all. They know how divisive the Lightning saga has been, and they wouldn't let it divide the fanbase for longer just to release Versus after half the fanbase has jumped ship and stopped believing the exisence of Versus.

I think you're under the assumption they actually give a rats a** about the American fans on that. Trust me, 2 sequels later, they do not. And by the way, are you assuming this will be the biggest game ever? Cause games like xenoblade and skyrim only took about two years.
#22Le_Derpstick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:11:32 AM
SoulMikeY posted...
Cause games like xenoblade and skyrim only took about two years.

I haven't seen a single connected overworld that you can fly over with an airship in those games.

And again, just because other people can make big games that do their own thing doesn't have anything to do with how long it takes SE to make Versus. And Skyrim is a terrible example, that game was buggy as f***.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#23marko7Posted 2/13/2013 7:34:11 AM
zUkUu posted...
If you only play KH 1 and 2 it isn't that much tbh.

I dont even think any of the spin offs are cannon lol

By far the dumbest post in the topic. And probably the entire board.

*sees user name*
Oh, well that explains a lot.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#24CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/13/2013 9:08:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/13/2013 9:11:33 AM
No, KH3 will take ages.

Let the KH kids wait, we've been waiting long enough.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFVIII>FFIV
XIII= S***
#26zane0144Posted 2/13/2013 9:37:04 AM
Okay. I'm as tired as anyone of people calling KH's story convoluted. But if you need to read interviews with the game's developer to fully understand a story, it is a little silly.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#27theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 11:26:46 AM(edited)
Kingdom Hearts' story is not worth following. It's shallow, it's poorly-written, the dialogue is insanely terrible and cheesy, the characters are paper-thin, 99% of the games after II have consisted of filler, the problems go on and on, really. The people who like and defend the story of Kingdom Hearts really need to broaden their horizons, as it is the epitome of ****** writing.

However, yes, none of the handheld games are spin-offs. They are all canon.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#28White_Knight13Posted 2/13/2013 8:41:19 PM
I haven't played any of the "spinoffs" besides Chain of Memories.

I realized when they announced the first game after 2, that it was going to be a long time until we got KH3, so I tuned it all out and quit caring. That's when I realized I hated Squenix.
#29Wise_PotatoPosted 2/14/2013 4:12:29 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Kingdom Hearts' story is not worth following. It's shallow, it's poorly-written, the dialogue is insanely terrible and cheesy, the characters are paper-thin, 99% of the games after II have consisted of filler, the problems go on and on, really. The people who like and defend the story of Kingdom Hearts really need to broaden their horizons, as it is the epitome of ****** writing.

Oh, Office-fan spouting out his opinions as facts.

Nothing new here. :\
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#30marko7Posted 2/14/2013 7:37:12 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Kingdom Hearts' story is not worth following.

Except if, you know, you're a fan of the series.

It's shallow, it's poorly-written, the dialogue is insanely terrible and cheesy, the characters are paper-thin,

Are you describing FFXIII?

99% of the games after II have consisted of filler

Clearly you haven't played Days, BBS or DDD.

The people who like and defend the story of Kingdom Hearts really need to broaden their horizons, as it is the epitome of ****** writing.

People who listen to anything you say really need to have their head examined.

Putting this in bold and being the only solid fact in your post doesn't take away from the fact that you just acted like a complete dick.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards