FNC was one of the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen

#1wwwgippal2Posted 2/12/2013 6:46:39 AM
I mean srsly. I thought the concept of having a bunch of slightly interconnected XIII games was just ****ing stupid. But I kept waiting for SE to prove me wrong.

Now we have one of the most nonsensical trilogies ever, a japan only game and this.

srsly, FNC tanked hard. That's what you get when you announce three games all at once that the company didn't even know how to develop properly.
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#2Charizard18Posted 2/12/2013 6:49:14 AM
Hopefully Type 0 gets localized and Versus pwn's :/

lol what am I saying
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#3Sticky_DerpPosted 2/12/2013 7:02:41 AM
Given that only one part of it has released in the West... no.
SE's business decisions are the biggest bunch of BS.
#4jmichaelbpPosted 2/12/2013 9:06:48 AM
Charizard18 posted...
Hopefully Type 0 gets localized and Versus pwn's :/

lol what am I saying

LOL.

Type 0 will never be localized and Versus will be outsourced to Gearbox, who will outsource it to multiple studios.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#5EventualDeclinePosted 2/12/2013 9:32:33 AM(edited)
The FNC thing is really stupid anyway, even if they hadn't screwed it up. Considering that they said from the beginning that the games aren't even in the same universe and are only loosely connected based on vague crystal BS nonsense. Then they go and pull the crap that they did with FFV13.

Yeah, I would say that FNC is a failure.

The sad part is that there are still plenty of fanboys who "believe" in FNC.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#6Graham_ChapmanPosted 2/12/2013 10:12:10 AM
EventualDecline posted...
The FNC thing is really stupid anyway, even if they hadn't screwed it up. Considering that they said from the beginning that the games aren't even in the same universe and are only loosely connected based on vague crystal BS nonsense. Then they go and pull the crap that they did with FFV13.

Yeah, I would say that FNC is a failure.

The sad part is that there are still plenty of fanboys who "believe" in FNC.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72249/2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpg
That "the FNC thing is really stupid" sentiment is really quite different from what was said about it shortly after its reveal to just recently... I'm getting the feeling that general frustrations concerning XIII's suckyness, the lack of Type-0 localization and vsXIII's infernal delays are the real reason behind this opinion and people are just lashing out to make themselves feel better.

Also, from what I've come to understand concerning Type-0's reception (it's been overwhelmingly good) that faith in TFC doesn't seem entirely displaced to me. Sure, Type-0 hasn't gotten localization and vsXIII has gotten very poor coverage, but why put the blame on the FNC when the blame should be put on Squeenix and Wada?
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#7EventualDeclinePosted 2/12/2013 11:04:25 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72249/2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpg
That "the FNC thing is really stupid" sentiment is really quite different from what was said about it shortly after its reveal to just recently... I'm getting the feeling that general frustrations concerning XIII's suckyness, the lack of Type-0 localization and vsXIII's infernal delays are the real reason behind this opinion and people are just lashing out to make themselves feel better.

Also, from what I've come to understand concerning Type-0's reception (it's been overwhelmingly good) that faith in TFC doesn't seem entirely displaced to me. Sure, Type-0 hasn't gotten localization and vsXIII has gotten very poor coverage, but why put the blame on the FNC when the blame should be put on Squeenix and Wada?

I always thought FNC is stupid, because it is stupid. Did you miss the part where I said that FF13, Type-0, and Versus are not even in the same universe, they're just loosely linked together by vague crystal mythology bullcrap? Square admitted this. That's what I was referring to. FNC is stupid, and always was. I didn't say that Type-0 sucked, or that Versus will suck, nor did I give my opinion on FF13 (although that one does suck). I'm simply saying that Square's botched FNC crap is a big joke. I'm not referring to the quality of the games here.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#8Graham_ChapmanPosted 2/12/2013 11:14:13 AM
I always thought FNC is stupid, because it is stupid. Did you miss the part where I said that FF13, Type-0, and Versus are not even in the same universe, they're just loosely linked together by vague crystal mythology bullcrap? Square admitted this. That's what I was referring to. FNC is stupid, and always was. I didn't say that Type-0 sucked, or that Versus will suck, nor did I give my opinion on FF13 (although that one does suck). I'm simply saying that Square's botched FNC crap is a big joke. I'm not referring to the quality of the games here.

So you think it's stupid for the same reason most people think it sounds interesting, then? 'Cuz the truth of the matter is that most people thought FNC sounded interesting precisely because they were curious about what the end results would be if different development teams at Squeenix were given one mythology and put on the job of creating their own stories surrounding said mythology.
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#9theofficefan99Posted 2/12/2013 11:19:59 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...

So you think it's stupid for the same reason most people think it sounds interesting, then? 'Cuz the truth of the matter is that most people thought FNC sounded interesting precisely because they were curious about what the end results would be if different development teams at Squeenix were given one mythology and put on the job of creating their own stories surrounding said mythology.

Fortunately, Type-0 was a big success quality-wise, and I'm hoping for the same from Versus XIII. XIII itself was quite alright IMO, but disappointing in many ways, and all the potential it had was squandered by its horrific sequel XIII-2, and it'll be even worse after LR is released.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#10DanahellPosted 2/12/2013 11:22:17 AM
I think the concept was interesting, it could have been like the Ivalice Alliance, but instead of having a world in common but in different ages, it was a common mythology. Sadly it seems they just couldn't make it work, just release Versus and be done with it, move on to FFXV already!
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water