FNC was one of the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen

#11Ecclesiastes273Posted 2/12/2013 2:07:14 PM
Danahell posted...
I think the concept was interesting, it could have been like the Ivalice Alliance, but instead of having a world in common but in different ages, it was a common mythology. Sadly it seems they just couldn't make it work, just release Versus and be done with it, move on to FFXV already!

That's the thing. Is it a common mythology when a particular god or goddess is a totally different character between two games? No, it's just a similar foundation so as to not need to be creative or maintain a continuity.

It was faux-creative nonsense from the beginning.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#12theofficefan99Posted 2/12/2013 2:08:01 PM
Personally, I think it's a very interesting concept that fell flat on its face.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13Eddie___DeanPosted 2/12/2013 3:50:30 PM
Yeah, FNC is pretty much a complete debacle. SE really bit off more than they could chew with this one.
#14The_Lost_SabrePosted 2/12/2013 10:18:05 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
That's the thing. Is it a common mythology when a particular god or goddess is a totally different character between two games? No, it's just a similar foundation so as to not need to be creative or maintain a continuity.

Bulls-eye. That was the feeling I was having about the whole FNC mythology but I couldn't quite place it.
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac
#15DanahellPosted 2/12/2013 11:08:38 PM

Well, I haven't played Type -0. How different are the deities there compared to FFXIII?
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#16grand_kaizerPosted 2/13/2013 1:02:50 AM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

So much this. Square wanted to pretend they were doing some grand and impressive project, but all they really did was come up with a few vague concepts and then tell three different teams to make three different games roughly based on those vague concepts. The result was... well, as we've seen. One that won't die, one that won't come to the West, and one whose existence is, at this point, questioned entirely.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#17PillsberyDoeManPosted 2/13/2013 1:17:57 AM
^i think history would've been a lot different for se, had ff14 been a success. no, wait. even if it was a "passable" game, things would've been different.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#18The_Lost_SabrePosted 2/13/2013 1:24:15 AM
Too bad that time has passed.

It still boggles my mind as to why SE would want to release XIV, at the time still needed testing, so early? That's a very amateurish mistake for a professional company!
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac