GamesTM Asks: The End Of Versus?

#1Rose_of_MayPosted 2/14/2013 12:28:03 PM(edited)
GamesTM dedicated 6 pages to Lightning Returns and in it there was a little part about how they think the game has stolen Versus' thunder ( and assets ) so much that it's not needed. And in fact, they'd be surprised if Versus saw the light of day.

"Final Fantasy: XIII Versus has been in development for over seven years now, and despite assertions otherwise, it looks to be condemned to development hell forever."

"That’s not to say it isn’t living on in spirit through Lightning Returns; in fact, many aspects of Versus look to have been integrated into Lightning’s last adventure."

"It was always set within the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos, but was said to be a far more realistic take on the franchise, and looking at the quests in Lightning Returns – solving murders, investigating crimes and the like – the latter is clearly taking on that slightly sombre and realistic tone. "

"Going back to E3 2006, Versus was described as an action-RPG that utilised a real-time battle system letting players move around seamlessly in combat… it might just be us thinking outside the box, but we’d be surprised if Versus ever saw the light of day, what with Lightning Returns offering such a diverse package."

Scan: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8236/8473347595_504c1b431b.jpg
#2NoctionusPosted 2/14/2013 12:16:01 PM
That ***** is Noctis?. Holy sheep!...
---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#3SoulMikeYPosted 2/14/2013 12:17:13 PM
A homeless man who has never heard of Versus has a better chance calling what will happen. People think when they work for a game magazine that they have credibility.

I see people all the time on here "well so and so said this, and they ended up being right.". Not how it works. Not that I don't understand what he's saying, I just think it's very dumb.

Anyway, I disagree with this guys assumptions. Thanks for posting this though, I was starting to think nobody remembered it existed. Lol.
#4Rose_of_May(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:12:18 PM
I think that the person who wrote this piece opened the door for even more speculation.

If LR is using stuff from an unfinished game then wouldn't it stand to reason that the Versus team won't be using said tech?

It's like someone trying to spruce up a car with shiny new parts and letting his neighbor have the old stuff that works fine but his car is going to need something more powerful to run it.
#5zUkUuPosted 2/14/2013 4:20:44 PM
Lightning Retuns has Lightning in it. It's obviously inferior to any versus version by default.
#6PostDisasterPosted 2/14/2013 4:40:18 PM
zUkUu posted...
Lightning Retuns has Lightning in it. It's obviously inferior to any versus version by default.

sigh, It's funny when disillusioned people don't just bend over and receive Lighting as the default QUEEN g*ddess of Final Fantasy.
#7ExtremeLightPosted 2/14/2013 5:28:30 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
I think that the person who wrote this piece opened the door for even more speculation.

If LR is using stuff from an unfinished game then wouldn't it stand to reason that the Versus team won't be using said tech?

It's like someone trying to spruce up a car with shiny new parts and letting his neighbor have the old stuff that works fine but his car is going to need something more powerful to run it.

Your topic is misleading...
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#8SoulMikeYPosted 2/14/2013 6:42:00 PM
PostDisaster posted...
zUkUu posted...

sigh, It's funny when disillusioned people don't just bend over and receive Lighting as the default QUEEN g*ddess of Final Fantasy.

Obviously she's not important enough for you to spell her name right... And why did you edit goddess?

Also, if you have to RECEIVE her... that would probably make her more of a bro than a chick... just saying.
#9PostDisasterPosted 2/14/2013 7:30:43 PM
SoulMikeY posted...
PostDisaster posted...
zUkUu posted...

Obviously she's not important enough for you to spell her name right... And why did you edit goddess?

Also, if you have to RECEIVE her... that would probably make her more of a bro than a chick... just saying.

Lightning is more of a bro than any leading FF man. SHE IS FINAL FANTASY. Praise Her Be.

(and lawls I did spell her name wrong. whoops!)
#10zUkUuPosted 2/14/2013 8:32:14 PM
Lihgtinng plz