GamesTM Asks: The End Of Versus?

#11grand_kaizerPosted 2/14/2013 11:12:27 PM
It is extremely suspicious that all of a sudden FFXIII is claiming that now it's more like Versus. It's more 'realistic' and it involves a semi-realtime battle system, it's trying to be darker and less shallow...

It's almost like they're trying to overshadow Versus before it comes out. All of a sudden anything Versus does is just an evolution of something FFXIII already did. It will either be remembered as something that took what FFXIII did right and used their foundation to go off, or it will be known as something that saw things fans didn't like about FFXIII's direction and pushed them harder.

No matter what Versus does now, FFXIII will look like the jumping platform that brought it here, because nobody cares what the dev time was, all that matters to the general populace is that FFXIII came out before Versus, ergo Versus is the one copying.

Screw this noise, I'm gonna go play Bioshock and, though I hate to admit it, Metal Gear Rising.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#12PostDisasterPosted 2/15/2013 12:27:35 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
It is extremely suspicious that all of a sudden FFXIII is claiming that now it's more like Versus. It's more 'realistic' and it involves a semi-realtime battle system, it's trying to be darker and less shallow...

It's almost like they're trying to overshadow Versus before it comes out. All of a sudden anything Versus does is just an evolution of something FFXIII already did. It will either be remembered as something that took what FFXIII did right and used their foundation to go off, or it will be known as something that saw things fans didn't like about FFXIII's direction and pushed them harder.

No matter what Versus does now, FFXIII will look like the jumping platform that brought it here, because nobody cares what the dev time was, all that matters to the general populace is that FFXIII came out before Versus, ergo Versus is the one copying.

Screw this noise, I'm gonna go play Bioshock and, though I hate to admit it, Metal Gear Rising.

This is all agreeable. Look at Pandoras Tower. People complaining that the main guy looks like Noctis. But....Pandoras Tower came out long before Versus so Versus looks like the copier.

By the time Versus comes out (if it comes out on the PS3, the PS4 is a different story.) it'll look like old news for people who haven't been following this saga for 7 years
#1361degreesPosted 2/15/2013 5:30:37 AM
PostDisaster posted...
zUkUu posted...
Lightning Retuns has Lightning in it. It's obviously inferior to any versus version by default.

sigh, It's funny when disillusioned people don't just bend over and receive Lighting as the default QUEEN g*ddess of Final Fantasy.

g*dess?
#14grand_kaizerPosted 2/15/2013 6:17:01 AM
61degrees posted...
PostDisaster posted...
zUkUu posted...
Lightning Retuns has Lightning in it. It's obviously inferior to any versus version by default.

sigh, It's funny when disillusioned people don't just bend over and receive Lighting as the default QUEEN g*ddess of Final Fantasy.

g*dess?

He means gedess.

http://leadholder.com/point-gedess.html

Lighting is the queen gedess of Final Fantasy.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"