Launch Title For PS4?

#1HeyItsZantPosted 2/16/2013 6:45:45 AM(edited)
Has anyone brought up the possibility that Versus was taking too long to develop for PS3 and/or they wanted to make the game bigger than what the PS3 could handle, so SE has decided to Make it a PS4 launch title, to release this holiday?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
#2TeepoPosted 2/16/2013 7:47:51 AM
wouldn't they have to recode it from the ground up? not to mention relearn an entirely programming language or something for the ps4?
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#3jmichaelbpPosted 2/16/2013 8:35:22 AM
It'll be a lauch title for the PS14
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#4heimdalgcPosted 2/16/2013 8:38:20 AM
I agree. Think of all the secretiveness. I assume their new engine and tech has been from ps4 tech they received.

I also think it will be renamed to 15 with all the time. And 13 games.

Pretty sure a launch title. Its what they need to destroy 720. From the start
---
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
#5HeyItsZant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:53:44 AM
Teepo posted...
wouldn't they have to recode it from the ground up? not to mention relearn an entirely programming language or something for the ps4?

What do you think they've been doing for years?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
#6adnancool13Posted 2/16/2013 11:50:17 AM

Do you honestly think everyone who ignorantly posts about Versus being on the PS4 would even consider development factors? Its depressing how many times I try to emphasize to others about changing the game specific engine Versus is using so it would be compatible on the PS4 and how long it will take.
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#7SteamsterPosted 2/16/2013 1:54:01 PM
adnancool13 posted...

Do you honestly think everyone who ignorantly posts about Versus being on the PS4 would even consider development factors? Its depressing how many times I try to emphasize to others about changing the game specific engine Versus is using so it would be compatible on the PS4 and how long it will take.

FFXIII started out on PS2 and then moved to PS3. This s*** is not unprecedented.

http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantasy-xiii-started-playstation
#8Charizard18Posted 2/16/2013 5:53:06 PM
-.-
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#9Lelouch71Posted 2/16/2013 8:07:43 PM
Steamster posted...
adnancool13 posted...

FFXIII started out on PS2 and then moved to PS3. This s*** is not unprecedented.

http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantasy-xiii-started-playstation

While true there is a difference. FFXIII wasn't that far in development. Versus is much further in development if we are to believe Nomura of course. Given that the case it's more likely to stay on the PS3. Now if the PS4 lacks BC for whatever reason then there's a chance there could be a PS3/PS4 version. However, the PS3 has a much bigger user base and not everyone is going to rush out to get a PS4. Early adopters are few in number. Now FFXV on the other hand will most certainly be announce for the PS4. I wouldn't be shock if they announce that AP is FFXV and it will be on the PS4.

When it comes to getting money SE isn't stupid. That's why they are going after the smart phone market. That's where the money is. They aren't wasting their time on the Vita outside of FFX HD because there isn't any real money to be made.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#10ExentrykPosted 2/16/2013 8:54:05 PM
It will be for the PS3. Also, since you can play PS3 games on your PS4 via Gaikai streaming, it's a non issue.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.