This better be the game of the century

#1Holy_OblivionPosted 2/16/2013 9:09:15 AM
if it takes this long to come out.
---
THIS HORN OF MINE IS BURNING RED! ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY AMMO, MY STAKE AND ALL OF MY CLAYMORE! ERUPTING TRUMP CARD!
#2Panda_KunPosted 2/16/2013 9:21:53 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But seriously. No.
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#3jmichaelbpPosted 2/16/2013 10:24:23 AM
DNF was in development for 15 years.
Was it the game of the century?
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#4joegt123Posted 2/16/2013 12:06:12 PM
Just watched the gameplay trailer for the first time (3.5/6 minutes of cutscene... some ****in gameplay, huh?) and it looks seriously mediocre.... It literally left no impression on me whatsoever beyond "slow moving kingdom hearts that's actually not aimed at kids". That's it. Considering that it was obviously early game footage (early IN the game, that is) I'm hoping that it'd pick up at some point and sasuke mcsora would actually get his soldier lookin ass moving. But unless they release something positively epic looking, there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for this thing. Let alone preordering.

Not to mention... why the hell make it exclusive NOW? Just stupid.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#5largerockPosted 2/16/2013 12:52:55 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
DNF was in development for 15 years.
Was it the game of the century?

This.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6theofficefan99Posted 2/16/2013 1:17:37 PM
joegt123 posted...
Just watched the gameplay trailer for the first time (3.5/6 minutes of cutscene... some ****in gameplay, huh?) and it looks seriously mediocre.... It literally left no impression on me whatsoever beyond "slow moving kingdom hearts that's actually not aimed at kids". That's it. Considering that it was obviously early game footage (early IN the game, that is) I'm hoping that it'd pick up at some point and sasuke mcsora would actually get his soldier lookin ass moving. But unless they release something positively epic looking, there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for this thing. Let alone preordering.

Well yeah it was pre-pre-pre alpha footage of an early point in the game that was slowed down on purpose, so the gameplay in that trailer looking pretty mediocre is to be expected.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7jmichaelbpPosted 2/16/2013 1:29:11 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
joegt123 posted...

Well yeah it was pre-pre-pre alpha footage of an early point in the game that was slowed down on purpose, so the gameplay in that trailer looking pretty mediocre is to be expected.

What if they did the same thing Gearbox did with Aliens? Which was make the graphics look much worse and make the gameplay worse in the final build.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#8Hash062Posted 2/16/2013 2:14:29 PM
Flop of the century maybe.

Nah, just deluding myself. Even if it's way worse than FFXIII, it'll sell millions.
#9joegt123Posted 2/16/2013 2:20:21 PM
Hash062 posted...
Flop of the century maybe.

Nah, just deluding myself. Even if it's way worse than FFXIII, it'll sell millions.

I don't think it'll be worse than 13. Aside the fact that I don't think that that's even possible, even as a kingdom hearts clone it would be a decent enough game. It's just... disappointing so far. Especially compared with a game informer article put out last year that made it out to be some kind of masterful combination of action rpg combat and dissidia level environment traversal.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#10theofficefan99Posted 2/16/2013 2:20:43 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
joegt123 posted...

What if they did the same thing Gearbox did with Aliens? Which was make the graphics look much worse and make the gameplay worse in the final build.

They said that the trailer shown in January 2011 was using a very old build and it was purposely slowed down, and then we got news in September of 2011 that the game just began full development, so that is highly unlikely.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin