ITT: Let's gather all the lolworthy assumptions and rumors about Versus.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 2/16/2013 5:01:29 PM
So, as we all know, Versus has been the unfortunate recipient of many practical jokes, cruel and mean-spirited rumors that proved untrue (a January conference showcasing the game being one of the most recent), and stupid assumptions based on literally no proof. Let's gather them all here and mock them, shall we? I'll start with a few.

1.Kotaku: "Versus is cancelled everybody! How do we know? Because!"
SE Wada: "Lolwut. No it ain't. Dem cities."
2. Nomura on April Fool's: "Noctis is gay. Lol jk jk."
Fans: "OMG NOCTIS IS GAY EVERYBODY THAT'S CRAZY!"
3. Versus is getting a name change.
4. Versus is going to Xbox 360.
5. Versus is going to Wii U.
6. Versus is gonna be completely scrapped and started over from scratch on PS4. Coming out in 2 years.
7. SE: "Lightning Returns will be borrowing certain technological assets from Versus."
Fans: "OMG EVERYBODY VERSUS IS CANCELLED AND ITS ASSETS ARE MORPHING INTO LR!!!"
8. Versus is gonna disown all ties to FNC and become FF XV.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2ExtremeLightPosted 2/16/2013 5:34:54 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
So, as we all know, Versus has been the unfortunate recipient of many practical jokes, cruel and mean-spirited rumors that proved untrue (a January conference showcasing the game being one of the most recent), and stupid assumptions based on literally no proof. Let's gather them all here and mock them, shall we? I'll start with a few.

1.Kotaku: "Versus is cancelled everybody! How do we know? Because!"
SE Wada: "Lolwut. No it ain't. Dem cities."
2. Nomura on April Fool's: "Noctis is gay. Lol jk jk."
Fans: "OMG NOCTIS IS GAY EVERYBODY THAT'S CRAZY!"
3. Versus is getting a name change.
4. Versus is going to Xbox 360.
5. Versus is going to Wii U.
6. Versus is gonna be completely scrapped and started over from scratch on PS4. Coming out in 2 years.
7. SE: "Lightning Returns will be borrowing certain technological assets from Versus."
Fans: "OMG EVERYBODY VERSUS IS CANCELLED AND ITS ASSETS ARE MORPHING INTO LR!!!"
8. Versus is gonna disown all ties to FNC and become FF XV.

1.) Kotaku: FF haters
2.) ...?
3.) Probably...
4.) Nope
5.) Nope
6.) One year and not completely scrapped and on PS4...
7.) Lol funny how fans think.
8.)... LMAO that would be a different game.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#3MrRoxas9192Posted 2/16/2013 7:37:00 PM
I lol every time I read something like: "Versus will come out soon/this year/next year"
#4iambashoPosted 2/16/2013 10:33:30 PM
Why put "ITT" in the topic title? It's the freaking topic title, of course that'll be what's in the topic! I mean seriously, what is the purpose other than making the title slightly longer and draw a minuscully greater amount of attention?
/rant.

Anyway, I feel that you've missed some of those GAF rumors and, of course, Peonus' stellar "rumors" he posts to keep us entertained.
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#5joegt123Posted 2/16/2013 10:38:37 PM
iambasho posted...
Why put "ITT" in the topic title? It's the freaking topic title, of course that'll be what's in the topic! I mean seriously, what is the purpose other than making the title slightly longer and draw a minuscully greater amount of attention?
/rant.

4chan
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#6zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:23:39 AM
iambasho posted...
/rant.

Anyway, I feel that you've missed some of those GAF rumors and, of course, Peonus' stellar "rumors" he posts to keep us entertained.

Yeah I purposefully did not gather every rumor, that's why I said let us gather all of it, I said I'll provide a few. And people do the ITT thing all the time, I just copy them.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#7ValorZraykPosted 2/17/2013 1:31:12 AM
MrRoxas9192 posted...
I lol every time I read something like: "Versus will come out soon/this year/next year/next decade"

Fix'd
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#8iambashoPosted 2/17/2013 7:32:15 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
iambasho posted...

Yeah I purposefully did not gather every rumor, that's why I said let us gather all of it, I said I'll provide a few.

I know, I just pointed out those since I'm too lazy to look them up myself to remember them all :P
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#9jmichaelbpPosted 2/17/2013 8:36:36 AM(edited)
If the 360 used Blu Ray, then there's really no reason why Versus couldn't be done on the 360.
In fact, most of the components in the 360 are better than the ones in the PS3.

The 360's GPU is better than the PS3's, it has twice the RAM avaible for games, it has 10MB of EDRAM, the PS3 has no EDRAM at all.

The only component that is without a doubt more powerful, that is in the PS3, is the CPU.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#10SugarBoogersPosted 2/17/2013 4:56:08 PM
Versus will definitely be a standalone story and there is not chance of us getting a Versus XIII-2.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards