I feel so much frustration with Versus's long dev time...

#1zombie_basher13Posted 2/17/2013 3:11:01 AM
I don't feel this frustration all the time, but it mainly comes from seeing all the PURE CRAP SE has been putting out and making us put up with lately, for about the past 3-4 years, like the bastardization of ALL their major franchises INCLUDING ones that have not seen sequels in a decade and deserved a worthy follow up (3rd Birthday) and failure to localize everything except for PURE CRAP (well okay I liked XIII-2 but it was crap in a lot of ways), just to name some examples.

Anyway, I feel this frustration seeing these things and yet the one game I want more than any other, THE ONE FRICKIN GAME, that looks sounds and tastes amazing, that one game being Versus 13, gets pushed under the rug, ignored, forgotten, and crapped all over by everybody.

I feel so much frustration with SE's complete and UTTER LACK OF SENSE OF URGENCY. Count it guys, go ahead and do the math, it has been 6 and a half YEARS and we got two trailers and like six screenshots. We got like two or three soundtrack samples. We got a sketch of Noctis "Wait for his turn." we've got a bunch of utterly useless "Erm please be teh patienz," and, "Well uh, no infoz right nows though but it'll be worth the wait and knock your socks off," and, "It's still being developedzzzz sort of we are dealing with tough chellengezzzzzzzzsnore." HEY SE! WONDER WHY YOU'RE LOSING MONEY? CUZ YOU GOT A MASSIVE GAME BURNING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET BIGGER THAN THE SIZE OF CHINA!

But I just don't understand WHY they're taking their sweet a** time more than anything else. I don't get it when they complain about the market and console sales and losing money. I don't get it when they say they wanna top FF VII and deliver a worthy FF. I don't get it when next gen is almost here and SE knows it. I don't get it when they've already got a tech demo fleshed out and GIVING US MORE DAMN DETAIL THAN VERSUS ITSELF HOLY CRAP. Did you guys even realize that? That we have literally, I kid you not, gotten more detail and news from Agni's Philosophy a fricken tech demo than fricken Versus a real fricken game from this gen in dev for. 7. years. Don't even get started on Lightning Returns and FF XIV. Hey, why not throw Versus in there? You can market two games, why not three? Too much? I don't get it when Lightning Saga has falling sales and everybody is demanding for Versus info.

I'm sorry for stupid rant, it's just too much. I want Versus too much 'cause it's the only game from SE that doesn't look like crap freshly spawned from their overactive bowels. /rant
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2MrRoxas9192Posted 2/17/2013 4:07:06 AM
Forget about SE for a while and play some other awesome games from a different company. (e.g. Dark Souls >:D)
#3PostDisasterPosted 2/17/2013 1:07:19 PM
Yeah man, I feel ya. Thankfully we have the Lightning trilogy to hold us over until (or if) Versus does eventually come out.
#4westontickleePosted 2/17/2013 2:03:14 PM
I would really like to know how you've tasted Versus.
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#5ExtremeLightPosted 2/17/2013 2:19:29 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
I don't feel this frustration all the time, but it mainly comes from seeing all the PURE CRAP SE has been putting out and making us put up with lately, for about the past 3-4 years, like the bastardization of ALL their major franchises INCLUDING ones that have not seen sequels in a decade and deserved a worthy follow up (3rd Birthday) and failure to localize everything except for PURE CRAP (well okay I liked XIII-2 but it was crap in a lot of ways), just to name some examples.

Anyway, I feel this frustration seeing these things and yet the one game I want more than any other, THE ONE FRICKIN GAME, that looks sounds and tastes amazing, that one game being Versus 13, gets pushed under the rug, ignored, forgotten, and crapped all over by everybody.

I feel so much frustration with SE's complete and UTTER LACK OF SENSE OF URGENCY. Count it guys, go ahead and do the math, it has been 6 and a half YEARS and we got two trailers and like six screenshots. We got like two or three soundtrack samples. We got a sketch of Noctis "Wait for his turn." we've got a bunch of utterly useless "Erm please be teh patienz," and, "Well uh, no infoz right nows though but it'll be worth the wait and knock your socks off," and, "It's still being developedzzzz sort of we are dealing with tough chellengezzzzzzzzsnore." HEY SE! WONDER WHY YOU'RE LOSING MONEY? CUZ YOU GOT A MASSIVE GAME BURNING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET BIGGER THAN THE SIZE OF CHINA!

But I just don't understand WHY they're taking their sweet a** time more than anything else. I don't get it when they complain about the market and console sales and losing money. I don't get it when they say they wanna top FF VII and deliver a worthy FF. I don't get it when next gen is almost here and SE knows it. I don't get it when they've already got a tech demo fleshed out and GIVING US MORE DAMN DETAIL THAN VERSUS ITSELF HOLY CRAP. Did you guys even realize that? That we have literally, I kid you not, gotten more detail and news from Agni's Philosophy a fricken tech demo than fricken Versus a real fricken game from this gen in dev for. 7. years. Don't even get started on Lightning Returns and FF XIV. Hey, why not throw Versus in there? You can market two games, why not three? Too much? I don't get it when Lightning Saga has falling sales and everybody is demanding for Versus info.

I'm sorry for stupid rant, it's just too much. I want Versus too much 'cause it's the only game from SE that doesn't look like crap freshly spawned from their overactive bowels. /rant

By paragraphs:
-I see. I felt this frestration when LR was announced. A large part of it was happiness though but somewhere deep inside I felt a fading hope.

-Haha lol. Why you think now I'm calling out people who moved on to XV or denies Versus existense.

-Why a half? Just say seven. And we did see gameplay but other than that I agree.

-Maybe Versus is for PS4? Like how 13 was suppose to be for PS2. Really it's not impossible to release next year. They had all this time.

-Agree. 10/10 rant.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#6zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:21:30 PM
westonticklee posted...
I would really like to know how you've tasted Versus.

That 2011 trailer gave me the best taste I ever tasted.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#7zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:26:03 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

By paragraphs:
-I see. I felt this frestration when LR was announced. A large part of it was happiness though but somewhere deep inside I felt a fading hope.

-Haha lol. Why you think now I'm calling out people who moved on to XV or denies Versus existense.

-Why a half? Just say seven. And we did see gameplay but other than that I agree.

-Maybe Versus is for PS4? Like how 13 was suppose to be for PS2. Really it's not impossible to release next year. They had all this time.

-Agree. 10/10 rant.

Thanks, but I gotta call you out on the PS4 thing. The thing about XIII on PS2 was, it was only in conceptual stages before they scrapped it. They probably only had artwork and very rough designs on the computer, if even. But Versus has been in progress for PS3 since the PS3 BEGAN. To go through an ENTIRE GENERATION, just to move it as exclusive for the next one is like...the most braindead thing I ever heard of.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#8SoulMikeYPosted 2/17/2013 2:36:55 PM
PostDisaster posted...
Yeah man, I feel ya. Thankfully we have the Lightning trilogy to hold us over until (or if) Versus does eventually come out.

SMH, Lightning does not hold anything over. All it does is take away SE's credibility.
#9stupid_dudeman7Posted 2/17/2013 10:44:14 PM
PostDisaster posted...

looool

Yeah well, I mean, hum...
You would be a little japanese girl to love the 13 trilogy that much.
13 : is it a message from sony ? "up to 13 years of age and below"
Because if you think about it carefully, SE has been giving so much to this demography :
Snow is so girly you think that Serah would be wearing the pants in that relationship.
Oh is he Prince Charming, the japanese way ?
If the FF13 trilogy was a manga, it would be a shoujo.

And the manga culture has never been so influent in SE:
Just look at the Versus characters. They're poor manga archetypes.
The smart tall-glasses guy ? I smell manga.
Well Final Fantasy was smarter than that in its glory days. Of course there were archetypes. But not so bluntly apparent.

Even so, I really think Versus would be the first sincere try of SE in a long time.
It may well be the last FF i play, because after that, fancy graphics or not, well,
I'm no teenager, so if SE doesn't reach out to my demography then they'll lose my business.
By the way, the majority of FF fans are not teenagers.
Because FF, like Dragon Quest are special games that transcend age, or at least used to.
I feel I could play FF1 to 7 and FF9 anytime... And the story of FF12 was not too bad.
I want a mature story, and Versus promised it.
So if you prefer a shiny trinket over Versus that's your call.

So well, I post from time to time, just to have a little fun.
---
Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does"
#10akira_hisyamPosted 2/18/2013 8:50:56 AM
because s.e are stupid,they love troll their consumer,remember a new info bout ff vs 13 on january 2010/2011(im forgot the year)? we got 6 minute gameplay trailer and everyone including me excited ''goodie,this gonna be the year for versus'' suddenly booom they announce ff 13-2!!.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war