So... Why all the hate for Kingdom Hearts?

#21ShiningBladerPosted 2/18/2013 11:26:58 AM
I don't think people need to hate it, but you definitely can't defend Nomura's ability to write for sequels. He's at his best when he's doing standalone stories, where all his interesting new ideas are self-contained and don't undo and rewrite the entire established universe.

^This

Yes, sometimes it feels like Nomura isn't a good planner, but so far most of the new plot points don't contradict the old ones,

Because the old ones were rewritten (like the creation of the x-blade) OR the new concepts come with a very convenient excuse in order to not mess up with older games like the whole memory loss when you go back to your time once you timetravel

and to be fair to Nomura, some plot points were hinted awhile ago, like Nobodies having hearts.

To be fair, in the whole DDD game, that was the ONLY thing that were hinted at all.

Also, Sora wasn't the only one with a Keyblade in KH1, there were several Keyblade wielders.

He and riku
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#22DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/18/2013 12:15:04 PM(edited)
I'm seeing so many "cuz it's for kidz", first of all learn to spell, second of all if that is the only excuse you can think of you're being a kid. Think of a real reason.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#23peonusPosted 2/18/2013 11:58:17 AM
Kingdom Hearts was good
Game was intuitive but
Just press X all day
#24DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/18/2013 12:08:55 PM
peonus posted...
Kingdom Hearts was good
Game was intuitive but
Just press X all day

What's Final Fantasy then?
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#25Wise_PotatoPosted 2/18/2013 12:27:13 PM
ShiningBlader posted...
I don't think people need to hate it, but you definitely can't defend Nomura's ability to write for sequels. He's at his best when he's doing standalone stories, where all his interesting new ideas are self-contained and don't undo and rewrite the entire established universe.

^This

Yes, sometimes it feels like Nomura isn't a good planner, but so far most of the new plot points don't contradict the old ones,

Because the old ones were rewritten (like the creation of the x-blade) OR the new concepts come with a very convenient excuse in order to not mess up with older games like the whole memory loss when you go back to your time once you timetravel

and to be fair to Nomura, some plot points were hinted awhile ago, like Nobodies having hearts.

To be fair, in the whole DDD game, that was the ONLY thing that were hinted at all.

Also, Sora wasn't the only one with a Keyblade in KH1, there were several Keyblade wielders.

He and riku

Yup, he's good at bringing up excuses, and he always plays it safe by not confirming certain plot points, like the whole X blade thing, he wants us to believe Xehanort was wrong in BBS, and now he has the "real" formula.

This is one of the main reasons i like how they decided to make HD collections, because it means:
1. KH final mix in the west.
2. No more unplanned side games.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#26peonusPosted 2/18/2013 12:35:31 PM
Final Fantasy
You press X all day as well
But no Gooby pls
#27joegt123Posted 2/18/2013 1:31:46 PM
peonus posted...
Kingdom Hearts was good
Game was intuitive but
Just press X all day

.........you did nothing but Jump all day...?
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#28peonusPosted 2/18/2013 1:33:58 PM
Sometimes triangle
But that was Kingdom Hearts 2
Good game, what story...?
#29ThamauturgePosted 2/18/2013 9:15:20 PM
lol at anyone who doesn't like KH being interested in this game
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#30TomorrowDogPosted 2/18/2013 9:41:06 PM
First one was an excellent game. Then it derailed in to terrible, terrible story-telling. I can't stand this half-brained, aimless, emotionally artificial anime crap.

KHII as a whole was a game for idiots, it was a dull thoughtless title with no substance and relied on flash to keep people interested. They're heading in a better direction lately though.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert