whats an aspect that ff13 didnt have that you feel needs to be in the next FF

#1MajorZeroPosted 2/20/2013 11:14:53 AM(edited)
For me is was the lack of townspeople, I didn't mind the lack of towns actually, but the fact that most of the info that you wold normally get off of townspeople was regulated to the dossiers and loading screens really took me out of the experience.

Sure it's silly to just randomly walk into a strangers home and talk to them, but I love that old trope.

also a traditional soundtrack, I really didnt like the j-pop'ish sound of 13 and 13-2.
#2PSOGuy25Posted 2/20/2013 11:32:52 AM
actual towns and cities that are safe haven from the fighting townsfolk to talk with, houses to break into, etc.

and we need another golden saucer area, serendipity was a joke.
---
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 2723-8552-5055
#3PSOGuy25Posted 2/20/2013 11:43:11 AM(edited)
id also like to see a serious return to ff1-5 original 4 elemental crystals storyline, ff9 didnt even completely fit the bill cuz though there were the 4 shrines, it didnt get into the 4 crystals, only one crystal at the end of the game.

i dont think they even had any boats, it was pretty much chocobo, airship or walking to get around from place to place.

id love to see a full scale old-school final fantasy, w/ the four elemental fiends, 4 crystals, actually useful summons and saving the world.

if anything, its essentially a story like FF1 & FF5 with modern day graphics.
---
#4joegt123Posted 2/20/2013 11:39:15 AM
An actual world to explore.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#5MajorZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 11:52:10 AM
PSOGuy25 posted...
id also like to see a serious return to ff1-5 original 4 elemental crystals storyline, ff9 didnt even completely fit the bill cuz though there were the 4 shrines, it didnt get into the 4 crystals, only one crystal at the end of the game.

i dont think they even had any boats, it was pretty much chocobo, airship or walking to get around from place to place.

id love to see a full scale old-school final fantasy, w/ the four elemental fiends, 4 crystals, actually useful summons and saving the world.

yeah I wouldn't mind an old school element like that too, the only thing is it can be argued ff14 is that. also ff9 had a boat as it's first drivable vehicle ;b (though an automated airship was ridden on first)
#6NeverMore0Posted 2/20/2013 12:38:46 PM
A good story and good characters. You know, to make me give a crap.
#7PSOGuy25Posted 2/20/2013 12:43:23 PM
its been a while since i played ff9, so i didnt remember. thanx for the info!

i will point out that type-0 combines old school ff w/ the fnc mythos: there are 4 crystals, but its not the empasis of the storyline, though it is amazing and dark, the bit that i had to ask people cuz i didnt understand what had happened in the game (i imported it for my bday last year).
---
#8Charizard18Posted 2/20/2013 2:20:14 PM
Everything a current gen FF game should've had.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#9EventualDeclinePosted 2/20/2013 2:26:58 PM
PSOGuy25 posted...

Or instead, you can just play the old games again and allow the designers to come up with new ones, not rehashed crap to please the fanbois.

And if there's any classic FF world that needs to be revisited, it's an FF7 type universe, or even an FF8 type universe, but with modern graphics. That's what Versus essentially is, an FF7 type universe with Kingdom Hearts gameplay.

That's an amazing idea. Except the nimrods at Square don't seem to be capable of actually completing it.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#10VanilleHopenPosted 2/20/2013 2:28:53 PM
NeverMore0 posted...
A good story and good characters.. You know, to make me give a crap.

ffxiii had that.... yawn at you... sorry it wasnt about saving crystals and generic characters like the first 5 final fantasies lloooooooooool.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.