whats an aspect that ff13 didnt have that you feel needs to be in the next FF

#11PostDisasterPosted 2/20/2013 3:30:22 PM
NeverMore0 posted...
A good story and good characters. You know, to make me give a crap.

Lol. This is what FF13 did right. Like...blew it out of the water good. I think this game had the best character development and inter-characters interactions of any entry. They were all touched upon and their stories intertwined just...perfectly.
#12MajorZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:25:05 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
NeverMore0 posted...
A good story and good characters.. You know, to make me give a crap.

ffxiii had that.... yawn at you... sorry it wasnt about saving crystals and generic characters like the first 5 final fantasies lloooooooooool.

yeah 13's story was good but most of the info that I love to find out about a story in a game was relegated to menus, bring back townspeople!
#13SugarBoogersPosted 2/20/2013 10:47:22 PM
ARPG combat. The ATB takes the worst parts of real-time combat and turn-based combat and loses all of their strengths.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#14theofficefan99Posted 2/20/2013 10:50:15 PM
I would say XIII's story is fantastic if they didn't completely **** it up after Chapter 10.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15VanilleHopenPosted 2/21/2013 11:13:54 AM
MajorZero posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
NeverMore0 posted...

ffxiii had that.... yawn at you... sorry it wasnt about saving crystals and generic characters like the first 5 final fantasies lloooooooooool.

yeah 13's story was good but most of the info that I love to find out about a story in a game was relegated to menus, bring back townspeople!

yes i'd agree that something to break up the fightning would of probably been what 13 needed the most.. A place you could go to where you could feel safe, and learn more about the citizens and world...

but honstley I'll never t get the hate for the characters, story or battle system... I thought they were all great..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#163StormsPosted 2/21/2013 11:24:22 AM
Actual towns and NPCs of course

Character personality. Most of the cast was wooden and overly-angsty like they were trying to audition for a Twilight movie.

MAP! It's a joke. There is no excuse for how bad the "world map" was.

Battle system. Could it have possibly been more accomodating to casuals?
#17matt091282Posted 2/21/2013 11:26:13 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
MajorZero posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
NeverMore0 posted...

yes i'd agree that something to break up the fightning would of probably been what 13 needed the most.. A place you could go to where you could feel safe, and learn more about the citizens and world...

but honstley I'll never t get the hate for the characters, story or battle system... I thought they were all great..

The character development in XIII was excellent.
#18MajorZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:42:51 PM
Thinking about it FF15 also needs a unique art style, I dont know what it would be, cell shading... anime.....super deformed... something, from 10-13 we've had unique races sure but humans all look the same, make it unique square!

I just finished Ni no Kuni and it's so good, the art style is incredible!
#19rpglover13Posted 2/22/2013 9:09:08 PM
PostDisaster posted...
NeverMore0 posted...
A good story and good characters. You know, to make me give a crap.

Lol. This is what FF13 did right. Like...blew it out of the water good. I think this game had the best character development and inter-characters interactions of any entry. They were all touched upon and their stories intertwined just...perfectly.

Wow, I'm not the only one who thinks this?! I agree with what someone else said above, that what 13 did wrong was too much info dump about the world rather than letting the world speak for itself, visiting places and having characters monologue-narrate to reveal the history. This was what made the difference between FFX and FFXIII, as I said in that other topic bashing FFX.
#20VunksPosted 2/22/2013 11:23:20 PM
World map.