anyone really losing faith in SE (type-0 and v13 BS)?

#11Destroyer_MagePosted 2/20/2013 1:01:43 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
ichigohollowX posted...
I lost faith in SE ages ago. The problem is they don't have their dam priorities straight. Releasing games ppl don't really care for ( nobody asked for a retouch of xiv, nor a 2 game sequel to xiii). Instead of giving their fanbase what they really want, they keep giving us stuff we don't want ( like vegetables to babies). Now im not knocking the ppl who do like ffxiii. but im sick of it by now and versus is WAY over due. Was it really that hard to give us tidbits of info in famitsu or hell even screenshots?

2 days ago or so we got an apology for the long wait on ffx HD remaster. And we YET got crap from the versus makers or even Nomura ( for lying through his teeth). And this doesn't help either:

http://www.examiner.com/article/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-producer-explains-declining-series-sales

If this is what he really thinks, SE is in real trouble in the future. He really thinks us fans ar the problem and its our fault we didn't buy as many xiii2's as he had liked. Instead of admitting that xiii had a lackluster story and its the reason ppl didn't buy xiii2 in the first lace.

Yeah man, I don't know what these guys are thinking....

If I was in charge I would have canned FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 and focused on FF Versus 13, FF15 and maybe a FF7 remake ;)

Hopefully FFXIII-3 doesn't sell too well either so they get the idea that people want something else.

I liked FFX-2 though

Its already been stated that LR:FFXIII will be the last of the "Lightning Saga XIII games", so hoping that it doesn't sell well is kind of stupid because where do you think SE is going to crap out the money for VsXIII if its games don't sell well.
---
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier
#12ichigohollowXPosted 2/20/2013 1:06:14 PM
PSOGuy25 posted...
i agree, it brought a satisfying end to the shocking end of 10, i woulda liked to have played 10-3 w/ rikku, but i think its best they ended it when they did.

13-2, as good as it was, didnt resolve anything, fang and vanille's fate are still up in the air, the bittersweet ff13 ending is now pointless cuz everything has gone from bad to worse, and 13-2 poked a ton of holes into 13. for a game about time travel, we should have seen the war of transgression, get back story on vanille and fang, chane the fates of vanille and fang! but instead, we are forced into a bad situation and crap really happens to serah and lightning! ive honestly no idea how LR can pull the story out of the crapper!

we also didnt ask for the rerelease of ff4ds on the ios/droid, nor ff3ds on psp, ios and droid. i personally think that if they are gonna release ff3 for the 25th anniversary collections, why not give us the original enhanced graphics version of the game! all we have is the ds version of ff3! they yanked it from the NA ff origins release on psx, though japan got it. its the least SE could have done for us, no1 really wanted a remake of ds version, with the choice of the original nes sdk and remixed ds sdk.

Very good points. IMO Xxii2 was a huge waste of a game. If anything i wanted to know what happened to fang, sazh, vanille etc. And to add to what you said, i really don't understand why they couldn't dub type 0. I understand that psp sales are terrible here and pirating didnt help either, but they could have easily released it on psn for ppl to download on the psp, vita, or ps3. Instead, we got the same old bs excuse. At this point, im praying that Versus is worth the wait. Because if versus sucks, im done with SE main ff titles. I am getting the hd remaster for x though and the 7 remake ( if it happens).

But better yet since nomura is involved, i have a little more faith in versus. And Agni's philosophy doesn't look in the least "appealing" to me. I want a strong "male protagist" ( no offense to the ppl who want another female). But overall good story, a good battle system, and something we can talk about for years down the line. I really dont want to stop having to by ff games, but xiii imo is SE last chance.
---
If you vision a dream, always shield with hope and grief. Even if the Swords Blade pierces through them. Think of the shield as the guardian of hope and faith.
#13ValorZraykPosted 2/20/2013 1:09:59 PM
I'm not loosing faith in Square.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#14ichigohollowXPosted 2/20/2013 1:10:52 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
I'm not loosing faith in Square.

Care to explain?
---
If you vision a dream, always shield with hope and grief. Even if the Swords Blade pierces through them. Think of the shield as the guardian of hope and faith.
#15PSOGuy25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:33:39 PM
due to all the money that SE makes: buying out eidos, taito, having magazines and other monopolized ways of making money, you would think they would have just released type-0 by now on umd and have done with it, and as you said at least a psn release (im against digital games mind you, as good as technology is, i dont trust it - recall the psn outtage).

heck i was excited when i saw the ds saga 2 & 3 remakes! i never played em originaloy past a gb emulator, but i loved the music and the story looked cool: many of you recall they were called final fantasy legend 2 & 3 at their original NA release. why did they not release the ds remakes outside of japan? i know i wanted to buy em in for the full graphical overhaul and play em.

we never asked for ff dimensions or theatrhythm, at least theatrhythm is a game for ff fans dating back to it's first release, though making us pay for all the dlc songs, much like we had to pay for all the 13-2 dlc kinda proves SE only cares about making money now, they releaswd free dlc for lord of arcana and the last remnant, they coulda done the same for 13-2 and theatrhythm. we didnt even ask for sleeping dogs, army corps of hell or heroes of ruin! we asked for type-0 to be released, as well as actual REAL v13 news!

btw, i also "love" the fact that SE released 13-2 as a broken game: serendipity isnt complete unless you got the sahz dlc. cant do anything in the arena without the arena dlc battles. all versions of kingdom hearts, especially kingdom hearts: birth by sleep had a fully fledged arena, battles were unlocked depending on what arena battles you cleared in khbbs, and your points. they couldve done the same with 13-2, using the patch feature to add new battles to the arena for free, or clearing cdrtain objectives in game would unlock an arena battle.

and actually from what i heard a few weeks ago, the psp 3000 had as much sales as the 3ds did in 2012, vita sales were craptacular, there were 5-6 umd releases last year, and i think theres at least 2 so far for this year, if the psp is selling as well as the 3ds, then where is the love from developers and sony? oh, wait, sony abandoned it and probably sent a hush hush top secret statement to all game developers to stop making or localizing the good games for it! im sorry but i fail to see piracy as the psp's failure, i think its more about the fact that psp games are poorly advertised.

also SE obviously lacks faith in us, their FF fans due to the fact ff3 got a umd AND psn release in japan, and we only got it on psn!
---
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 2723-8552-5055
#16PostDisasterPosted 2/20/2013 1:42:44 PM
PSOGuy25 posted...
i agree, it brought a satisfying end to the shocking end of 10, i woulda liked to have played 10-3 w/ rikku, but i think its best they ended it when they did.

13-2, as good as it was, didnt resolve anything, fang and vanille's fate are still up in the air, the bittersweet ff13 ending is now pointless cuz everything has gone from bad to worse, and 13-2 poked a ton of holes into 13. for a game about time travel, we should have seen the war of transgression, get back story on vanille and fang, chane the fates of vanille and fang! but instead, we are forced into a bad situation and crap really happens to serah and lightning! ive honestly no idea how LR can pull the story out of the crapper!

we also didnt ask for the rerelease of ff4ds on the ios/droid, nor ff3ds on psp, ios and droid. i personally think that if they are gonna release ff3 for the 25th anniversary collections, why not give us the original enhanced graphics version of the game! all we have is the ds version of ff3! they yanked it from the NA ff origins release on psx, though japan got it. its the least SE could have done for us, no1 really wanted a remake of ds version, with the choice of the original nes sdk and remixed ds sdk.

THIS. thank you. Seriously. I don't understand people who like 13-2 better. The story was bogus. X-2 was such a great sequel. SE has such a difficult time making sequels these days. (Look at the KH mess). They throw a ton of new characters at us who weren't in the first game and make the game center around these new characters instead of expanding on older ones.

Fang & Vanille during the War of Transgression? Perfect. Maybe seeing Sazh with his wife? Would've loved it. Instead we now have to care about Caius and Noel. They weren't bad...but a TON was left to be desired with 13-2...like an ending.
#17PSOGuy25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:03:04 PM(edited)
i would have loved 13-2 being about the events that led vanille and fang bashing a hole in cocoon, and then being put in stasis and eventually taken up to cocoon where the rest is history, and then ff13-3 being about getting them back. 13-2 coulda been a prequel/bridge, but instead we get tripe that kills off a certain character, and 13-3 is utilizing real world social media to change aspects of the game, nm the fact we found out they stole elements from versus 13 to make LR. such a craptacular company.

heck, i wouldnt have minded if 13 was left as a single game, knowing that 2 characters sacrificed themselves for the good of humanity, would have been a bittersweet ending if left alone and stayed that way. ff13-2 should have been fang and vanille's story from 500 yrs ago! in fact, no time travel is really needed to tell that story, just go back in time 500yrs and make fang and vanille the main characters, tell us how they got branded, and everything that led up to them bashing in cocon and being left in anima's vestige.

btw, anyone that has played ff13 knows that lightning isnt the main character, no one is really, they are all given equal amounts of game time to develop the 6 characters' storyline, background and philosophy. and im sure you noticed the narrator was vanille... why the heck is lightning the mascot when it's vanille telling us the story?
---
#18CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/20/2013 2:03:57 PM
>the crappy XIII saga
>no VII remake
>no Versus
>no Type-0
>no XV
>XIV being a disaster

And being trolled by SE at the same time. I have no respect for them whatsoever.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFVIII>FFX>FFIX>FFIV
XIII is...just terrible.
#19PSOGuy25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 2:12:02 PM
i had heard that there was supposed to be an hd remake of ff7, if thats true, i would hope they remake the fmv sequences to look like advent children, and redo the 3d models for the party members, npc's as monsters and give us a bestiary, and give the same treatment they did to ff1-6 (excluding ff3) for the gba/psp. adding a new dungeon (allowing for aeris/th to return), bonus dungeons, maybe some new playable characters, added story, more optional bosses, upgraded soundtrack, etc. ff7 really needs a directors cut edition! i dont care if the game still looks like the ff7 world, in fact i hope they do it like the psp star ocean 2 remake leaving everything alone!
---
#20ichigohollowXPosted 2/20/2013 2:21:47 PM
Please answer me this. Why do people want a remake of a game thatll take years to make? Just enjoy it in its original form and let SE move on with the FF series. Remaking ff7 will cost too much money and imo wont even be discussed until SE is on the brink of destruction. I rather have SE advance the FF franchise and focus on trying to surpass ff7.
---