Oh hell no, this game better not be exclusive for the PS4.

#1LordYggdrasilXXPosted 2/20/2013 12:23:20 PM
Please tell me Square Enix is not stupid enough to make a deal like that... Everyone who wants this game already owns the PS3... Whatever Sony paid them is chicken feed to all the money they can make on it still being on the PS3.. It is going to flop on freaking PS4. Now if it is on both the PS3 and the PS4 with better graphics on the latter, that would be fine.
#2MajorZeroPosted 2/20/2013 12:26:10 PM
let it be, if its not then I dont think it will ever come out at all, Square really messed up on the high horse announcements a few years back so if this is what it takes for the game to come, so be it
#3xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/20/2013 12:30:19 PM
Why not? You're not gonna stop playing videogames are you? You'll probably end up getting a PS4 anyway.

I wouldn't mind because I want this game to be technically and visually impressive. PS3 is 7 year old hardware now.... I would actually prefer it to be on PS4.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#4joegt123Posted 2/20/2013 1:23:00 PM
Terrible move. It's going to murder sales.

How much does a system usually sell in the first month? 100,000? Be generous and say 200,000 with the bump from this game. That's still only 200,000 copies of the game being sold AT MOST because its on a system NO ONE HAS YET.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but launch titles always do terribly because no one has the damn system yet.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#5MajorZeroPosted 2/20/2013 1:31:36 PM
@ Joe who says it would be a launch title anyways, could come out in 2014 for all we know, after all square has ff14 and lightning returns still.
#6dkgerbil2Posted 2/20/2013 1:39:46 PM
joegt123 posted...
Terrible move. It's going to murder sales.

How much does a system usually sell in the first month? 100,000? Be generous and say 200,000 with the bump from this game. That's still only 200,000 copies of the game being sold AT MOST because its on a system NO ONE HAS YET.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but launch titles always do terribly because no one has the damn system yet.

While I agree that sales will be down incredibly if it was a PS4 exclusive as opposed to a PS3 exclusive, your sales numbers are a little incorrect.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/04/ps3_uk_sales_slide/

In the UK alone, 165,000 PS3s were sold during opening weekend. It notes that 600,000 were shipped throughout Europe, but no sales numbers can be determined from that. I would imagine that the UK had lower sales than in the US or Japan, so I'd be willing to bet that the number is far closer to 1 million consoles sold within the first month than it was to 100,000.

That being said, this is all just nitpicking because your argument does hold true, just not as strong as you intended.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#7joegt123Posted 2/20/2013 3:22:26 PM
I thought I heard something about wii u only selling 50k units in its first month. Guessed from there.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#8danhawkPosted 2/20/2013 3:39:18 PM
i want it to be.
---
Nobody needs me, everybody should die.--Ikari Shinji
Duckbear the hero of the lue. let his legend live