for anyone that played ff2 anniversary edition on the psp.

#1PSOGuy25Posted 2/20/2013 2:34:51 PM(edited)
i FINALLY picked it up last week, i got it because i became curious as to who firion and minwu were thanks to theatrhythm. i only played 5min of the dawn of souls version before giving up on it and went back to ff1, i never finished dawn of souls, and eventually traded it in.

at this time i own ff1, ff2 and ff type-0 on umd, have plans to get ff4cc soon.

i am 15-16hrs into the game, and in mysidia tower, imagine my surprise when i found mysidia has been used in 2 ff games! i am loving how versatile the gameplay is after the rough beginning of learning the lvl/battle system, i think we need another ff game like this!

i know for a fact that ff2 is the unsung and often shafted game of the ff series, despite all of it's rereleases, but i have to say i enjoy it more than ff4 in many ways!

now as for my favorite aspect of the game it would be the character portraits by amano. and i was blown away when i met leila! she is everything ff5's faris isnt! beautiful, sexy and dangerous! i think leila shoulda been the unlockable character in theatrhythm instead of minwu.

i personally would love to see leila and faris duke it out and im pretty sure leila would win! mind you i am gay and i think leila is hot!

the only thing that bugs me about ff2 is the constant game pauses from the umd as the disc is read, either from a spell in battle, a cut scene, using an item or spell on your character in the item menu or saving, it has serious lags that ff1 didnt have on umd!

i am posting this here as the psp ff2 board is dead. but what are your thoughts on ff2? do you think leila is as beautiful as i do? and do you think faris and leila should square off someday?!

i havent finished ff2, but does anyone else think they should have done an "after years" for it like they did with ff4?
---
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 2723-8552-5055
#2joegt123Posted 2/20/2013 3:28:54 PM
I got ff1 and 2 "for free" a while ago. It's psp. You should get my meaning.

Still in ff1. Don't even know how far. Earth shrine/temple/thing. Game did not age well, but it's alright. I'll make sure I at least beat it and 2 before I grab 4 and 4ay.

Think I'll skip 3.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3vedoris86Posted 2/20/2013 3:41:32 PM
get ffiv cc it's a one of thegreatest version's of ffiv, tons of content, great 2d graphics. ive yet to play ff1 and not alot of ff2
#4DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/20/2013 3:55:22 PM
Oh cool. I was thinking about picking up this game soon. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#5PSOGuy25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:16:37 AM
whats interesting is that im pretty far into the game and so far none of the 4 crystals have shown up yet.
---
#6Reaper_ExEPosted 2/21/2013 9:32:00 AM
FF3 on android is beastly

That is all
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#7iambashoPosted 2/21/2013 9:58:28 AM(edited)
There actually is a built in sequel to 2 in all of the post-PS1 versions, TC. Just make sure to not save your story clear data over your regular game data ;)
Edit: oh, and to answer the rest of your questions, II is my number four FF game, just barely ahead of III. It was amazing the first two times I played it through on the "Famicom" (back when I was young and didn't know better) but when I got it for GBA I never finished it and thus didn't get to play the sequel-ish part. I bought the PSP version a while back but haven't gotten around to playing it yet... I may just start it today! Lol
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#8PSOGuy25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:07:39 AM
you should, its pretty fun.

who was your favorite character?
---
#9Josh_the_WhitePosted 2/21/2013 10:30:26 AM
PSOGuy25 posted...
i FINALLY picked it up last week, i got it because i became curious as to who firion and minwu were thanks to theatrhythm. i only played 5min of the dawn of souls version before giving up on it and went back to ff1, i never finished dawn of souls, and eventually traded it in.

at this time i own ff1, ff2 and ff type-0 on umd, have plans to get ff4cc soon.

i am 15-16hrs into the game, and in mysidia tower, imagine my surprise when i found mysidia has been used in 2 ff games! i am loving how versatile the gameplay is after the rough beginning of learning the lvl/battle system, i think we need another ff game like this!

i know for a fact that ff2 is the unsung and often shafted game of the ff series, despite all of it's rereleases, but i have to say i enjoy it more than ff4 in many ways!

now as for my favorite aspect of the game it would be the character portraits by amano. and i was blown away when i met leila! she is everything ff5's faris isnt! beautiful, sexy and dangerous! i think leila shoulda been the unlockable character in theatrhythm instead of minwu.

i personally would love to see leila and faris duke it out and im pretty sure leila would win! mind you i am gay and i think leila is hot!

the only thing that bugs me about ff2 is the constant game pauses from the umd as the disc is read, either from a spell in battle, a cut scene, using an item or spell on your character in the item menu or saving, it has serious lags that ff1 didnt have on umd!

i am posting this here as the psp ff2 board is dead. but what are your thoughts on ff2? do you think leila is as beautiful as i do? and do you think faris and leila should square off someday?!

i havent finished ff2, but does anyone else think they should have done an "after years" for it like they did with ff4?

I think Leila is smokin' hot too! I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes Final Fantasy II. I really don't think it deserves all the hate it usually gets. But, I'm one of the rare Final Fantasy fans that likes all the games in the series equally. So that could have something to do with it.
---
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011
#10iambashoPosted 2/21/2013 12:25:50 PM
Guy is my favorite. I mean, you can't get more awesome than a guy who speaks beaver! Haha
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger