The new FF for PS4 is NOT gonna be Versus 13.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 2/20/2013 6:02:13 PM
Because of Shinji's bad English, and general excitement and hype from this event, people are going haywire, misinterpreting Shinji's statement at the PS4 conference, and also adding in their own ideas and expectations for Versus and SE. LET US END THESE MISCONCEPTIONS RIGHT NOW. Here is what Shinji Hashimoto said EXACTLY.

"On the occasion of this presentation by Yoshihisa of the Luminous engine, and the announcement of the Playstation 4 from Sony Computer Entertainment, I would also like to announce that we are preparing for development of a Final Fantasy title. Please, please be excited for E3 this year."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKOHUuV83M

They are just now PREPARING to develop a FF title on PS4, using Luminous engine fully. Versus only uses the lighting aspect, not the full thing. It is either FF XV or something else. Versus is still coming on PS3.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2Asd202Posted 2/20/2013 6:03:25 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Versus is still coming on PS3.

Or not coming at all :P.
#3Panda_KunPosted 2/20/2013 6:04:28 PM
Yay? So what, we're suppose to be excited for a new title when new info on Versus still hasn't been revealed and there's no release date? GAWDDAMMIT. The new FF title is Versus all over again. Announced way too early.
---
---F*** the JRPG Cliche Hate. I felt like a badass saving the whole f***** world for the first time, I still feel badass doing it for the hundredth time."
#4zak234Posted 2/20/2013 6:07:37 PM
New FF will be for PS4 and PC like FF14.
#5Lelouch71Posted 2/20/2013 6:08:07 PM
Like I keep saying. SE may or may not be a lot of things but they aren't stupid when it involves making money. Versus will be the FF3, 6, 9, and 12 of the PS3. FFXV will be announce for the PS4 at E3.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#6Asd202Posted 2/20/2013 6:08:57 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Like I keep saying. SE may or may not be a lot of things but they aren't stupid when it involves making money. Versus will be the FF3, 6, 9, and 12 of the PS3. FFXV will be announce for the PS4 at E3.

Okay so why announce it so early?
#71TruthPosted 2/20/2013 6:09:00 PM
Fantastic topic, TC.

FF Versus XIII has been quietly cancelled. People need to accept it. The game shown at E3 2013 will be FFXV and a totally new game. It will use nothing from FF Versus XIII.

Personally, I hope FFXV will be a game directed by Hiroyuki Ito.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#8zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:15:12 PM
1Truth posted...
Fantastic topic, TC.

FF Versus XIII has been quietly cancelled. People need to accept it. The game shown at E3 2013 will be FFXV and a totally new game. It will use nothing from FF Versus XIII.

Personally, I hope FFXV will be a game directed by Hiroyuki Ito.

I don't believe Versus is cancelled. I'm hoping after LR FF 13 and FF 14 are out, Versus will be next to be the last FF on PS3, early to mid 2014, and FF on PS4 will follow 1-3 years later. This is best case scenario IMO.

Why do you want Versus 13 cancelled so badly 1Truth?
---
Look alive, you fools.
#9peonusPosted 2/20/2013 6:16:31 PM
I don't think we're dumb
Nor did we misheard, confuse
This game lives, maybe.

But to claim its gone
Like leaves in a grass, smoke air
That's quite the stretch, son

Look into mirror
See yourself, full of big tears
Missing that Versus

So angry, raging
That you deny its presence
That's fine but don't lie
#10adnancool13Posted 2/20/2013 6:19:58 PM
@TC: THANK YOU!! Zombie, I now consider you a gentleman and a scholar. Also you are now my comrade ;_;
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board