Square Enix still hasn't learned their lesson...

#11Nuck-chorrisPosted 2/21/2013 9:11:45 AM
Everyone's sick of it. All we ask is more info on their games. Do they want the relationship with their fanbase to get worse?
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?
#123StormsPosted 2/21/2013 11:55:47 AM
Nuck-chorris posted...
Do they want the relationship with their fanbase to get worse?

Do they care? These are the same people who had no problem marginalizing their original core fan base to focus on realistic styling of games that classic Square fans hated (and still do hate).

They'll just marginalize the gripers by mixing things up to appeal to a new segment of the market.
#133StormsPosted 2/21/2013 11:57:02 AM
And for the record development is taking too long because trace amounts of vag were found in some of the secondary characters, preventing the game from being entirely a sausage-fest. That needs to be dealt with.
#14VanilleHopenPosted 2/21/2013 12:26:35 PM
ZanarkandZ posted...
and they'll never will.

Like Max Planck said about science itself: "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

Square Enix will only change after the people in charge change. They don't understand what people want and honestly don't care. They just want money. SE is not the only company that is sick, Capcom, EA, and many other suffer from the same syndrome.

Honestly I think I'm done with console gaming in general. The only games that keep me interested are Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and GTA V. The conference yesterday did nothing to renew my interest in gaming and the worst offenders like Capcom and SE still play with us, telling us what we should like and not the contrary.

I'm waiting for Versus XIII patiently, waiting for the translation of Type-0 by awesome fans patiently, and after I get them I'll say goodbye to SE for good.

I don't understand posts like this.. If SE is making versus (a game you are very interested in) obviously they still have the potential to make games you like. SO why would you say good bye to them after versus when they could very well make a game that interests you just as much if not more so after versus comes out??

am i in the twighlight zone... am i crazy??? I see people say stuff like this all the time and I just don't get it...
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#15i8g4wlPosted 2/21/2013 12:50:29 PM
ZanarkandZ posted...
and they'll never will.

Like Max Planck said about science itself: "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

Square Enix will only change after the people in charge change. They don't understand what people want and honestly don't care. They just want money. SE is not the only company that is sick, Capcom, EA, and many other suffer from the same syndrome.

Honestly I think I'm done with console gaming in general. The only games that keep me interested are Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and GTA V. The conference yesterday did nothing to renew my interest in gaming and the worst offenders like Capcom and SE still play with us, telling us what we should like and not the contrary.

I'm waiting for Versus XIII patiently, waiting for the translation of Type-0 by awesome fans patiently, and after I get them I'll say goodbye to SE for good.

Thank you for this post. You expressed my exact feelings.
I can't stand SE, EA, Crapcom, M$, Ubisoft, etc. anymore.
#16EventualDeclinePosted 2/21/2013 1:32:33 PM
ZanarkandZ posted...

Yeah, you'll be done with SE for good, until the next thing they announce that you'll be anticipating. Which will cause you to not be done with them for good, while you complain about it on forums and proclaim that after they come out you'll be done with them for good, for real this time, I mean it. Then the cycle will repeat.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#17ZanarkandZPosted 2/21/2013 3:11:24 PM
@matt091282

I don't know, it depends on what happens, but until now I have 0 reasons to buy PS4 and since PS4 is becoming more of a pc it seems pointless to me to buy a console that will become outdated pretty quickly. The gaming pcs of nowadays are already better than a PS4, imagine in a couple how years how wide will the gap be. And like I said, good exclusive titles are becoming more rare, I might as well invest in a good PC since the PC has more uses than gaming,

@VanilleHopen & EventualDecline

Nomura and Noijimaare IMO the crucial people behind my hype for Versus , not SE as a whole (Hell, Nojima is a freelancer since FFX), and Nomura will be back to Kingdom Hearts after he finishes it. SE has been releasing tons of titles since FFX yet only Versus and Type-0 managed to keep me interested and the directors of both games aren't getting a fair treatment from Wada, I wouldn't say that. Strictly speaking of Final Fantasies we have: X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIII LR, Type-0, XIV and Versus XIII.

Out of those 9 games only 2 really caught my attention.It's pretty safe to say I won't miss SE. Regarding the companies they serve as publisher, I loved Nier, but then again Cavia closed so there's also that, I also used to love Hitman, but Absolution is taking Hitman in another direction (Once again another franchise forgetting what made it unique). I used to be a kingdom hearts fan but the time gap between KH2 and 3 is so abyssal that my love for it has died. Not even Birth By Sleep (that I enjoyed) managed to re-kindle the flame.

I don't complain in the Lightning Returns board nor in the XIV. I only complain here because this is the only game I want.

The only reason that I can go back on my word is if Kojima(The only video game creator that never let me down) makes another excelent Metal Gear after Ground Zeroes, but there is already rumors that Ground Zeroes will also be released on PC so...

@i8g4wl

It's my pleasure ;)
#18king richPosted 2/22/2013 1:40:44 AM
Like ZanarkandZ said, of the games announced by SE since the 13/Versus/Agito announcements, only 2 of them caught my eye. Both of them being Agito (Type-0) and Versus. The story for 13 sounded like something I would play but didn't look overly appealing to me, which may be why I ended up being someone who actually ended up liking that game.

Versus with the character backstory they gave for Noctis, and the setting for the world caught my attention the most. Then when I saw the first trailer for the game with Noctis walking down the steps using a shield to stop the bullets shot at him by a crowd of soldiers, I went out and bought a PS3 which I was going to do anyway but had been holding off on doing.

PSOGuy25 posted...
actually the game was announced in 2006, but the trailer came out at the ff conference in jan 2011 w/ the trailers of type-0 and 13-2..

There were 2 or 3 trailers already released for Versus at that point you can still find mixes of them dating back to 2009. The 2011 trailer was the first one to include game play though.
---
"that's why the gangsta rhymers ain't inspired, heinous crimes helped records sales more then creative rhymes"
#19grand_kaizerPosted 2/22/2013 3:20:15 AM
The Fabula Nova Crystallis series is a laughing stock. "The new tale of the crystal told through three different games". The same tired tale told through one series, more like.

The only Square games that catch my eye these days are ones they're producing but not developing. They're pathetic, either commit to making your games full-blown anime bullcrap and stop pretending you want to appeal to Western gamers by any standard beyond sexy ladyz who are more HD than real women and action sequels that have Michael Bay filling both sides of his pants, or step back and ask yourself what it is you're actually trying to do instead of just trudging forward endlessly through the mud like a braindead animal.

I get that businesses have to make money. No, nobody is being smart when they say that. Everyone wants to make money. But when you're in the entertainment industry you should strive for some integrity. Square Enix is the Big Bang Theory of videogames. The first few seasons were enjoyable and quirky and interesting... until they rammed it down your throat every night of the week in three different timeslots per evening and on marathons throughout the day on eight different channels, then went on to make season after season of the exact same crap steeped in so much laugh track you can't even hear the same joke you heard two seasons ago rephrased just enough to sound new to an idiot and wow I'm really getting quite bitter with this aren't I?

Alright, I'm done. Adios muchachos.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#20zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:34:31 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
The Fabula Nova Crystallis series is a laughing stock. "The new tale of the crystal told through three different games". The same tired tale told through one series, more like.

The only Square games that catch my eye these days are ones they're producing but not developing. They're pathetic, either commit to making your games full-blown anime bullcrap and stop pretending you want to appeal to Western gamers by any standard beyond sexy ladyz who are more HD than real women and action sequels that have Michael Bay filling both sides of his pants, or step back and ask yourself what it is you're actually trying to do instead of just trudging forward endlessly through the mud like a braindead animal.

I get that businesses have to make money. No, nobody is being smart when they say that. Everyone wants to make money. But when you're in the entertainment industry you should strive for some integrity. Square Enix is the Big Bang Theory of videogames. The first few seasons were enjoyable and quirky and interesting... until they rammed it down your throat every night of the week in three different timeslots per evening and on marathons throughout the day on eight different channels, then went on to make season after season of the exact same crap steeped in so much laugh track you can't even hear the same joke you heard two seasons ago rephrased just enough to sound new to an idiot and wow I'm really getting quite bitter with this aren't I?

Alright, I'm done. Adios muchachos.

I think Big Bang Theory was always stupid and not funny. Sitcoms suck. I'm so sick of them. Seinfeld was the best. Now they all suck.
---
Look alive, you fools.